First time post in the Fanworks section. Just did up a sketch of my Universe Fortetecher, Astarin.

Here's the basic lineart; I hope to have a coloured version up in the next couple days. Comments/critiques, please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-04-23 15:43 ]</font>

Team Cyber Scale coordinator
    on the bottom of the deep abys (AKA my room)

preety elaborate! the lineart seems a bit shaky, not like I can complain, mine is shaky too, but to fix this, you can rely on linewheight to make it more pleasant to the eye

the pose and expressions are nice, can't wait to see a colored version, great job! oh, and welcome in :3

not to shaby, mate
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Update: colour!

Also, I made a modification to the head. The tilted head pose, which I originally liked, started to look really funny, so I rotated it with the magic of Photoshop.

Thoughts? Thanks to those who have replied already.

@KuroNetsune: Point taken. It's a recurring problem I have, actually. I don't have a very steady hand when I'm inking my work. The line art was done by hand, then scanned and coloured in Adobe Photoshop. Tried tinkering with some blending effects to smooth the lines, but nothing looked natural.

Team Cyber Scale coordinator
    on the bottom of the deep abys (AKA my room)

actually, when lines dont come out smooth like mine, I find that doing several repetitions (with soft short strokes) helps out smoothen things.... hrm, maybe I'll whip out a little tutorial or example to make my point,

at any rate, very nice work with the coloring, the shading is nicely placed and everything fits well, if you have photoshop, I suggest taking the blades and add a little clear blue edge to them on a diferent layer, then apply a gausian blur, maybe this will help bring out the photon glow effect :3

o.o I almost dont notice any headtilt, at any rate it looks good to me