Since there was no official or organized discussion thread in this place I th

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slicers

9 37.50%
  • Forest

15 62.50%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

People will always complain. I admit, I didn;t feel right playing PSU when I first started, but after giving it time, it's a very fun game, especially if you find the right people to team up with.

Man, I LOVED Slicers, and I'm glad we'll be getting those in AoI, and Acrofighters get S rank in those. =D
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

I agree that they should have left the PSO areas back in PSO. A few weapons and nicknacks... sure... but come on. People say their tired of running Crimson Beast repeatedly, and so they jizz all over the chance to play Forest 1 & 2 for the 342,482,772nd time?

Anyone ELSE see what's wrong with that scenario?

If anything, demand content which is new - but captures and improves the elements of PSO that people liked so much. Art design, layout, music, enemy spawns, whatever...

God forbid Sonic Team actually give a facelift to a part of PS history that really could benefit from remaking - like a Baya Malay tower multiplayer Challenge mode kinda quest. But hey.. whatever, I guess another few hundred Forest runs is just as good.

Since PSU Story mode has only 12 chapters and Ep2 so far is up to 8 and soon 9, is there a chance it will be finished before AoI comes out? It would be pretty pointless to play AoI Story mode if so since it is just a rehash of Ep2.
    AoI's storyline mode is going to be a continuation of Ep I & II. Chances are in the next few chapters we'll be led up to a climactic ending scenario (probably involivng GRM's part of the tale) that gives a bit of satisfaction - but leaves the main bulk of the storyline unresolved. Sort of like how offline mode lead into online mode's story... except with more lose ends. Sonic Team had to keep from revealing most of the major storyline threads in offline so that they could wrap it up nice and neat for players who bought it only for offline mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-29 13:16 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On 2007-04-29 13:11, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    I agree that they should have left the PSO areas back in PSO. A few weapons and nicknacks... sure... but come on. People say their tired of running Crimson Beast repeatedly, and so they jizz all over the chance to play Forest 1 & 2 for the 342,482,772nd time?

If anything, demand content which is new - but captures and improves the elements of PSO that people liked so much. Art design, layout, music, enemy spawns, whatever...

God forbid Sonic Team actually give a facelift to a part of PS history that really could benefit from remaking - like a Baya Malay tower multiplayer Challenge mode kinda quest. But hey.. whatever, I guess another few hundred Forest runs is just as good.
    ****ing thank you.

What sychosis said.

Well, for PSO fans, like myself, this can be a breath of fresh air that reinvigorates an otherwise boring place.

I myself will enjoy Ragol. Not only will the enemies be fun to send 300 miles to next Thursday, but oh no, techs will actually do damage!

And you people seem to forget the new temple mission, in addition to the mission featuring the "Grass Assassins". =
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

On 2007-04-29 13:11, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Agreed.

It's just... what PSO had was great, and when PSU came... well, it just seemed a little worse. I guess some of the PSO content in AoI isn't necessarily a bad thing, since PSO was good (but if they keep on remaking it... who knows... it could end up PSO Universe >.>). I guess I'm a little, so to say, "on the edge", on what I want. After all, if AoI ends up giving us more missions that are the equivalent (i.e. more MP, meseta, etc. than that previous mission) of Crimson Beast, Labs, etc., then AoI will end up like regular PSU again.

I must note however, that I guess one of the PSO missions could end up being like Labs, but that's just obvious. Any mission could.

:sigh:
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

Hey, I'm welcoming all new content...

I like having the forest, but anymore than that and I think I'll cry.. Well, area wise.

Give us another non-Ragol planet.. I mean, I want PSO...but I want SOME originality here.

Seriously. If we have 10% PSO, 80% PSU, and 10% cupcakes, I'll be happy.

srsly.

SRSLY.
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

On 2007-04-29 13:17, DonRoyale wrote:
    Well, for PSO fans, like myself, this can be a breath of fresh air that reinvigorates an otherwise boring place.

I myself will enjoy Ragol. Not only will the enemies be fun to send 300 miles to next Thursday, but oh no, techs will actually do damage!

And you people seem to forget the new temple mission, in addition to the mission featuring the "Grass Assassins". =
    I just want the planet Earth. That would've been hot. Lions, tigers, and bears oh my! Some gorillas and the boss could be some Godzilla thing.

EDIT: Oh and a boss fight in Manhatthan mainly Times Square.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-04-29 13:24 ]</font>

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I do find it odd that they're treating PSO as a stand-alone game, and just adding things directly from it. PSO was exactly what the fans want PSU to do to PSO: PSO was a collection of ideas from previous PS games combined into one multiplayer game. Forest was the combined overworld, caves were the early dungeons (I especially liked the altered beasts, inspired no doubt from Biomonsters), mines were the mechanical dungeons (seen very often in PSII), and ruins of course were similar to the cult or evil levels (mostly seen in PSIV). Ep.2 added additional elements from the series, as well.
    The races were the main characters of previous PSs, and most of the weapon types were taken from previous games as well. All of this, and there are almost no direct cop offs from the series.