Since there was no official or organized discussion thread in this place I th

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slicers

9 37.50%
  • Forest

15 62.50%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Definitely Don, i will never get tired of PSO that is why i decided to buy PSU, because of PSO. I thought it was going to be PSO (i thought wrong), well now that there is going to be Forest im so so excited for it to be released, but that is just my opinion.

Now all we need is every old weapon, Cave, Mine, Ruin, Temple, Jungle, Spaceship, Seabed, lots more of PSU content over PSO though, and im set for life.

That was just the beta, there is going to be way more stuff on AoI that we havent seen (if you look in a video with ruby bullet, its shooting basic bullets, but there is a picture of the real ruby bullet and its bullet animation, its like a giant ruby ball).

On 2007-04-29 13:22, Gryffin wrote:
    Hey, I'm welcoming all new content...

I like having the forest, but anymore than that and I think I'll cry.. Well, area wise.

Give us another non-Ragol planet.. I mean, I want PSO...but I want SOME originality here.

Seriously. If we have 10% PSO, 80% PSU, and 10% cupcakes, I'll be happy.

srsly.

SRSLY.
    Agreed. A new planet would kick ass.

Remember, there's a lot left to do...there's the fourth moves for PA's (I strongly believe we're getting this. If you don't believe me, that's just you. I'll hang on hope, thanks.), the possibility of a new race, and of course, Acrogunner among the other possible new classes, the other weapon slot...there's just so much possibility due to the comparison of the original PSU beta.

One thing I advise that will create more positive discussion (because as usual, this is beginning to go down the drain) is instead of whining about the content we saw in the beta, why not discuss what might be in the actual expansion that we haven't seen?
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

You know I can't wait to see the new mission at the AMF base.

Give us another non-Ragol planet.. I mean, I want PSO...but I want SOME originality here.
    We haven't visited Coral yet. Copto could use a revisit. Perhaps they could stumble upon another worldship from PSII's time that happened to escape (the varrying "Pods" would be great for seperating areas of differeing terrain - such as snow levels, desert levels, forested levels, ect) Or maybe they could (and I think they will eventually) add a whole new "hidden planet" to the Gurhal system that holds the truth behind the Holy Light and SeeD sort of like how Ryukros was to PS.

There's a LOT of possibilities for new and original content.... why they won't act on them, I have no idea.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Will be displayed under your Nickname

Using stuff from PS is new and original?

How does that even work?

On 2007-04-29 13:41, TorterraEndor wrote:

How does that even work?
    Making the enemies better-looking and the environments new makes it feel new and original. =
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Will be displayed under your Nickname

I'd rather they make stuff new and original in the literal sense of the words.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-04-29 13:39, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    We haven't visited Coral yet. Copto could use a revisit. Perhaps they could stumble upon another worldship from PSII's time that happened to escape

There's a LOT of possibilities for new and original content.... why they won't act on them, I have no idea.
    This is just too easy.

I'm happy for slicers, I was the only FOmar running around using them.

The only thing I'd truely love to see make a grand return is Challenge mode, with S-rank weapons as rewards.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ragol again... but only if its the source of SEED >.>

and I would also to see new, read NEW, content. Not stuff from older PS games, not stuff from PSO, I want something fucking new, something that came to them in a dream, or when a random fan cracked them in the head with a baseball bat, or when they got WAY to drunk after using my $10.61 to get some booze.

Give me new, not rehash!

How does that even work?
    Because there's a LOT of room for creative licence when converting a 2D landscape consisting of maybe a few hundred pixels in the entire screen to a 3D interactive landscape consisting of hundreds of thousands of polygons and varrying textures, not to mention completely different gameplay mechanics.

Seriously, it's not like I'm advocating the exact room by room recreation of any area... I don't think you even could without making it look like some lame ass fan-made project built on a Quake III TC. The games are just too different to make it viable.

PSO on the other hand, isn't THAT far of a step behind PSU. F1 in PSU looks pretty much EXACTLY like F1 in PSO, but with slightly better graphics. Now take for example the Sunken Palace in PSO - which seemed like most people to be a new area. Wrong. It was a re-envisioning of an old PSIII area. Hell, if you were one to believe the connection theories, then you could conceivably say that the entire Spaceship RUINS of PSO were a recreation and re-envisioning of the Alisa III's underbelly.

Now, are you SERIOUSLY going to sit there and tell me that you don't see where recreating an area from a 2D game released on 8 Bit hardware in 1988 leads quite a bit more to originality and redesign than a basically verbaitum copy of a level from a game released in 2000 that plays extremely similar to PSU?

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!