Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi!

I'm a level 80 beast Fortegunner... couple things:

The ATA loss sucks at first, but the game's ATA vs. EVA ratio gets fudged up in our favor as levels get higher. I didn't have accuracy issues as a lvl 65 in Linear Line S2(lvl 80 mobs) while farming Rappy Paskas taking only 2-3 minutes to get through block 1. So if you want, toss on a Stella Hit for the time being, but at later levels the ATA loss is *almost* unnoticeable. I used to wear a solid power S full time when I had it.

Gunners do great damage : Just don't use rifles 24/7... Not the thread for this discussion though.

CAST's arguably are the superior gunner statwise(duh:P). A level 80 female beast has only 6 more ATP than a level 80 male CAST, and 200 less ATA. But in any situation where your accuracy is capped(like any mission that the monsters aren't more than 20 levels higher), you won't notice the accuracy difference at all.

One thing I really like about Beast Ranger is Nanoblast for switching to on bullet resistant mobs(Dilnazen, Kamitoze, that giant pig thing, etc.)

whenever your wife gets GT, have a wand with Zodiel and...the other one, to lower enemy ATA. that will definatly fix the goose eggs. and its true at higher levels this wont be an issue. i raised my beast as a fighter, but switched to GT at level 50+. no ATA problems for me
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

GT has half the ATA of a FG though : Also GT caps at level 10 buffs/debuffs. Not sure if you're on PC/PS2 servers or not, but here everyone is a zillionaire and can afford to keep Agatarides and Zodiarides on 24/7. That seems to help too.

Besides why go Fortegunner or GT when you can stay RANGER!!!!
    Random ragnus speed run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWVpqMnI24
    Grove of Fanatics S2 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDJ37FMA6k

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

there is a C rank unit wit +30 ATA, -30 ATP. I suggest using this unit at low levels. You will never be using a Solid Power / S, but as a beast, there is not really a need, either.

Also, the Power/Defense/Invulnerability Beast/Gunner Concept works quite well.
    Drop a virus/fire trap, Nanoblast, go to town. Lather, rinse, repeat.

For GT vs fG, I cannot comment. fG has better stats, and PP conservations, GT has more options.

Yeah..I wouldnt sweat the ata atm...throw on a store bought unit for ata.

I leveled my female beast as fortegunner (although she was already 80) and have no ata issues.

I'm leveling my male human as ranger atm(hes 20), and am missing like a madman with rifle. Bullet level will make a big difference.

And I agree with whoever brought up the nanoblast thing. It's pretty dam convenient being able to invincible beast through a pack of Kamatoze(big ice demon cow man things) or whatever.

beast gt are fine about lvl 40+. Just be sure not to use crossbows. My faves are cards, twinnies, and longbow. At lvl 45 I could use almost all gt usable 9* guns.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Its good to hear some Beast success stories. They MUST get better with age. I decided to jump on her character for a couple minutes just to see what it was like. I trike Mad Creatures B and WOW, almost all 0s with Twin Handguns. Zodial made it a little better but she still needs a unit. From what people have been saying it wont be an issue for too long though.

Here is a word of advice: If your wife wants to be a beast gunner don't let ANYONE talk her out of it! (that means you shimarisu!) This game is supposed to be fun, not a lvl and stat grinder like most MMOs out there. The great thing about this game is the versatility of characters. BUT if your wife does play as a beast gunner (any kind) she needs to realize what her weaknessess are and how to help counteract them. And I don't know about 360, but on PS2/PC most people are pretty accepting of race/class combinations such as these. While being a beast gt, I have only run into one person who flamed me for being one. Most others think that it is pretty neat that I am a beast gt.

On 2007-05-07 20:09, xennec wrote:

(that means you shimarisu!)
    Shim has a Beast Fortegunner herself :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-05-07 20:33 ]</font>