The one and only

Hey guys, I picked up PSU a while back, played it for a couple months, and really enjoyed myself. I couldn't get any of my buddies I have been playing FFXI / WoW with for 4-5 years to come and get it with me though, so I ended up taking a break, and going back to WoW.

I enjoy playing PSU a lot more than WoW though, and I think I may be able to get my friends to play PSU with me when this expansion comes out.

So I'm wondering, has there been a set release date for Ambition of Illuminus yet?

Also, would like to know if this is going to be a direct expansion (Normal PSU required to play), or a stand alone "expansion" that you don't need PSU in order to play.

Thanks in advance.

Eventually.

And for PS2/PC users it'll be a separate disc. Xbox 360 users will be able to download it from the Marketplace.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

From the info available so far, it will be an add-on expansion much in the vein of the WoW and Oblivion expansions, where YES, you will need the original game to play the new areas. Also, the beta period just recently ended in Japan so don't expect a release date here in the US until at least Fall, maybe September.

I hope you can get some of your friends to join PSU with you, too!
    Xtian | Small Wonder | Ari | Madus

Aobikari Dragon

The info I have is that the Japanese release date is dated for September 30th of this yeah while for the US is dated sometime this Autumn. It also has been confirmed that for the xbox 360 is going to be a downloadable content on the marketplace while the pc/ps2 users will need to buy a new CD.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

On 2007-05-08 16:14, Aobikari wrote:
    The info I have is that the Japanese release date is dated for September 30th of this yeah while for the US is dated sometime this Autumn. It also has been confirmed that for the xbox 360 is going to be a downloadable content on the marketplace while the pc/ps2 users will need to buy a new CD.
    And where did you get this information from?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

it is listed everywhere i check for Fall 2007
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

On 2007-05-08 16:27, lostinseganet wrote:
    On 2007-05-08 16:14, Aobikari wrote:
    And where did you get this information from?
    its only on every gaming site....
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02