Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I cant say im looking forward to it. I red in a game magazine that had a beta tester in Japan and he didnt seem to like it that much but who knows maybe it turns out to be the gratest online rpg ever or maybe not...

Nope, I've lost pretty much all interest in it now. MMORPG's really aren't my thing, they quickly become glorified chatrooms and lack gameplay, a la Everquest. I'll be passing on this one.
    Star Wars Galaxies DOES look like a MMORPG that I might be interested in, however (even though I'm not all that into Star Wars). I just hope my aging PC will be able to run the sucker well!
    But nope, I'm gonna be passing on FF... ELEVEN (jeez), unless it somehow manages to get the best reviews any MMORPG has ever gotten. And if my PC can run it well, since I'd have to shell out a whole lot of dough for the required PS2 peripherals if the game even comes OUT for PS2 in the US and if the PS2 hard drive does. Oy...

It depends if it comes out before Star Wars Galaxies. I think Square messed up waiting too long though because I think most players are mad at the delay. But I kinda understand they are having financial difficulties with FF XI.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

I'm looking forward to it, and I'll probably get the PC version when/if it comes out in the US (and yes, I know that I can import the japanese PC version and play it on an American computer, but I don't feel like spending $80~90 plus monthly fees just to play one game that isn't even in my own language).

Fina Fantasy XI and Star Wars Galaxies both look nice, so I'm going to have to get a job once I'm old enough for one if I plan on playing both (but I doubt I'll have that much time on my hands).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

It's a shame that it's taking so damn long to be released here, but it's really no surprise... It's the only game that even uses the PS2 hard drive at the moment, isn't it? Jeez, Sony sure planned this "PS2" thing out pretty well, DIDN'T they? *rolls eyes* I doubt the hard drive will make its way here at all, as no games on the horizon are planning to make use of it at all.
    Buuuut, it IS Final Fantasy = BIG name = big bucks. Yeah, they'd have to work around the "no hard drive" thing, and they'd need a publisher that can handle the massive server load duties, but it'd be a pretty big waste of a huge franchise game to not release it here on PS2. So we'll see.

Far as PC, I hope the conversion from PS2 to PC is done well. First off, most Asian PC games I've played (um, both of them) don't offer much in the way of customizibility. PSO for example only lets you change the frame rate as far as I know... and not even over 30fps, what's the deal with that? I should have the option of changing texture detail settings, resolutions, and turning on and off various effects such as shadows and lighting effects.
    If I need a 2.5GHz CPU with the fastest video card on the market just because I can't change some simple settings, then fuggetaboutit. If they offer some customizing options, I'm pretty sure I can get it running quite well on my 1.3Ghz PC with Radeon 9000 Pro vid card.

Hmm, this post turned into a mini-rant pretty quickly. Oh well! *Submit*

I still have time so i really havent made up my mind... i really wana get everquest for ps 2 when that comes out... or probably move over to the pso xbox version and stick with that for a while... who knows.

Rappy Hunter

I am currently beta testing Everquest Online Adventures and its pretty sweet, but I am playing PSO and its taking up all my time. And yes I am looking forward to FFXI and I will play it. Along with True Fantasy Online.

And to the person who said it wasn't doing well, Square just broke even on it with a base of 200,000 users, so some people have to think it is good. = /

-Annorax

I heard it might not even be released in the US, thats what I hear.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

yeah im looking forward to FFXI though i'll have to wait a while till it comes out over here.
    heh, i gotta play an online rpg again since my DC doesn't work anymore. :S