Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Has sega even acknowledged the problem?

There is nothing more I want to see from the expansion than the framerate fixed. I can not enjoy a game when I have to play in slow motion.

I havn't really been paying attention, but sega put out a beta of the new PSU right? Well has anyone noticed if the framerate is notably better or worse?

My framerate's just fine.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I'm talking about the 360 / PS2 versions. Anymore than 4 players its pretty much non stop slow motion. At least in a lot of areas.

If they dont fix this, the game wont be much better for me.

The slowdown is mother fucking retarded for a console game, it makes no sense.

They either need to add Frameskip or lower the overall refresh rate for the game, becuase its HORRIBLE. it ruins gameplay completely when it takes me 5 seconds to cast a spell that should only take 1.

The Illuminus trial in April was for PC only. Nothing has been stated specifically about performance improvements in the console versions of the game. I'd expect them to play as well as the base game does, but I wouldn't be too surprised too see some measure of improvement, either. The game is hardly unplayable even with it at the moment. (If it was, I wouldn't have stuck with it since the beginning.)
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2007-07-10 12:24, Serephim wrote:
    If they dont fix this, the game wont be much better for me.

The slowdown is mother fucking retarded for a console game, it makes no sense.

They either need to add Frameskip or lower the overall refresh rate for the game, becuase its HORRIBLE. it ruins gameplay completely when it takes me 5 seconds to cast a spell that should only take 1.

Exactly! I'm am a total PSO / RPG crack whore, and I haven't even bothered to get the game because I was so frustrated with the Demo.

When I heard the worst areas aren't even in the Demo, I just didn't even bother picking it up.

God, your lucky you diddnt play Firebreak then, because effing hell the mission would be tons easier to S-rank if you diddnt lose a whole 4 miniutes to moving in slow motion.

yeah I had that happen a lot on moatoob and urgent orders. it was rediculous

I gets joo! joo can't use joo powaaaz!

My 360 barely slows down
    (except for a few select areas)
    Or having 5 people in a party using some super awesome PA that lights up the screen theres not much of an issue for me
    but, with a game that looks so bad why does it slow down, if you look at games like GoW it never slows down
    But, it could be a problem of putting japan> into USA format or somthing that made it slow down

Please do try to stay on topic.

I think we'd all be happier without slowdown, but it's never bothered me that much on the Xbox 360 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-07-10 13:18 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.