Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT PA's

What are the best PA's for Swords, Knuckles, Spears, and Axes. Considering I cant get PA fragments yet please dont give me any ultimate pa's

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

are you also on a budget? some PAs are quite expensive

not really on a budget since the new mission came out, 10k for an s rank is easy money

All of them.

But I guess...

Sword: Tornado
    Knux: Danga
    Axe: Duregga
    Spear: Daggas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-12 11:23 ]</font>

IMO the best are the cheapest. Das Duggas for the spear is only 1K. Spears hit really hard, especially considering how much faster they are. Das Robado has won me over too. It's got crazy range and power. Totally prefer it over Tornado Break. It eats PP like crazy though. Stick it on a Berdynata(6* Yomei spear) and you'll have enough PP to swing away.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Perfect, in that case, here's what I recommend:

BOTH saber PAs: rising stike for crowd control, and high ATP, gravity strike for heaping damage on helpless enemies.

2nd fist PA: Bogga Zubba great launch PA, right from the get go. I little expensive, buy you can control that will high grind yohemi fists.

Both Spear PAs: Dus duggas heaps damage, and the other, whose name escapes me, is good crowd control.

skip the sword PAs. Swords suck.

Tornado Break (best available sweep)
    Bogga Zubba (best available launcher)
    Dus Daggas (best 2-target damage)
    Anga Durega (best knockback, excellent large-monster killer)

Both saber PA's are good too; Rising Strike is a good crowd-breaker, Gravity Strike deals some crazy damage with up to 3 targets @ 4 hits each. Since you can use higher rank sabers than any other kind of weapon until you're almost max level/rank, they're must-have weapons.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Actually if you have the money(and 75 PA frags) you can get every almost every PA that a protranser could use. If you're only going to be a PT on that character then I would recommend you do that and experiment with all of them to determine your own playstyle instead of listening to what anyone else says because only you can determine what will work for you.

Spears-Get them both. The ata difference is what ranks spears over swords for a PT,and even the atp gap is removed by spear pa's rolling out the hits. Dus Robado can lay down some serious damage on a crowd of Vanda

Knuckles-Bogga Danga wins out for me. Initial fast flurry followed by a knockdown and a blowaway. Just screams fun.

Swords I would avoid personally,but Tornado Break if you must have one.

Axes-Again I'm gonna go with both,but wait till you've got Dugrega levelled a bit before you start with Redda. Dugrega is a lot of work to level,but by god is it worth it

It's not rocket science. Every weapon class has one great PA that pretty much defines its use in combat (hint: cheapest PA in the shop) and the other moves are complementary to that. Twin Claw and Sword have big multi-target moves as their main thing, so the secondaries are single-target damage. Knuckles and axes have multi-knockback combos, their secondary moves are a launcher and multi-hit damage respectively.

Protransers need Bogga Zubba to fill the gap from not being able to use Twin Sabers. That's the only non-obvious selection in there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-07-12 12:39 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan