Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT PA's

On 2007-07-13 12:19, panzer_unit wrote:
    Redda's a better general-use PA than Durega
    ROFL
    How long have you used axes, seriously?
    Anga Redda costs twice the PP of Dus Daggas for less damage = useless, duh.
    Anga Dugrega is a knockback PA, which is crucial when playing alone.

Bogga Danga is good at NOTHING and has incredibly low DPS.

Gravity Strike is decent, but for the PP cost, the damage is not very impressive. I'd rather use sabers for juggle/knockback and spears for damage.

Durega's a great move for what it does, but starting off with knockback means you can't combo effectively against just 2-3 targets
    lrn2useit
    Blame your lack of skill, not an amazing PA.

I didnt feel like starting a new topic since this one was here, so could anyone state their opinion on which of the ult pas are worth getting for a pt?
    I only have the knuckles one so far, and havent heard too much about any of the others. '

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soolayah on 2007-07-14 07:26 ]</font>

Sword - Tornadow Break
    Spear - Dus Rabado
    Knuckles - Dogga Danga
    Axe - Anga Redda

These would be the best to get for any hunter.

The only melee ultimate PA that PT's have available to them is the Ult Knux one...At least if I remember right.

For ranged weaps, Mayalee Prism is awesome. >_>
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

for a PT...ult PA wise...the knuckle one is pretty good, but zubba isn't bad, so don't feel you need to get a new one.

aside from that, I'd suggest barada maga and boma maga. lowering enemy evade is good since PTs have ata on par with FFs. and boma maga is a great support bullet. it's really only useful for minibosses like Seed Vitace and Kagajibari. but it means the team is 100% safe while you do it, so I feel it's worth the frags.

future ult PAs look at for will be Massei-Sou, Gravity Break and the axe one. Masei-Sou for certain, though the other two I can't promise are worth the investment til we get confirmation on PP costs, stat mods and number of hits/zones. until then, don't sweat it too much.

as far as the axe: for utility purposes, I gotta side with Kef, Redda is a bad excuse for not using Dus Daggas. Redda may look cool or whatever, but the damage output in proportion to cost makes it a fine waste of PP. Durega is a better choice, if not for damage, for higher accuracy, lower cost and the ever useful knock back effect that takes out whatever it hits, making even the first attack alone useful. as a FF I usethis in places I would notmally use Tornado Dance as a FG(which is to say, not terribly often, but I'd swear by it in the places I DO use it). the fact that it rapes kamatose is reason enough alone to lvl it up.

Here are my 2 cents.

Axe: Dugrega
    Spear: Robado
    Sword: Tornado
    Knuckles: Don't use knuckles
    Saber: Rising

My reasons are pretty much same as everyone else except I have two things to add.

I think Knuckles are a useless weapon for Protranser. As it is, our attack is laughable. Knuckles don't provide enough power in my mind to really make you an effective party member. While Knuckles are somewhat of a more mobile weapon selection for us Protranser, I find it it to be too slow for its attack power and overall not worth it. Ive never leveled the two PAs you can purchase from the shop past 10 becuase, I came to the conclusion that they where too weak and left you too open for enemy attacks. Even for knockback purposes I still they they're too slow. Plus Dugregra does a better job at knockback. It isn't worth it for a Protranser to be using those.
    Sabers on the other hand I think may be an overlooked under appreciated combo us Protransers have. I feel level 30 Rising Strike Combined with level 30 Handgun bullets is a pretty haxs defensive combo. You're given much more mobility and deal much more suitable damage. My advice for you would be skip out on the Knuckles PA and pick up a few extra handgun PA's to better suit your Handgun and Saber combo needs.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

On 2007-07-14 07:25, soolayah wrote:
    I didnt feel like starting a new topic since this one was here, so could anyone state their opinion on which of the ult pas are worth getting for a pt?
    None, they all suck and cost way too much PP for a PT.

The only decent one would be Mayalee Hit, but PT's incredibly low ATP makes it useless.

Don't even think about Mayalee Prism, regular grenades are 100% better.

On 2007-07-14 05:56, Hrith wrote:
    How long have you used axes, seriously?
    Anga Redda costs twice the PP of Dus Daggas for less damage = useless, duh.]
    Are you lying for fun, or just that ignorant? What's the deal with people being hellbent on having some agenda to try and convince people not to learn and use all the skills in the game?

Anga Redda's 24pp. Daggas is 18. Thats not double. Redda deals similar damage/PP than Daggas too, though it executes slower. Better yet I'm not even trying to compare Redda and Daggas... Redda's a better general-use PA than DUREGA since the initial moves are a lot more powerful and you don't have to game around the initial knockback hit if you're only dealing with a couple of midsize creatures.

I got Redda to lv21+ before Durega got to 7. Looking at stats I realized that Durega ends up at similar damage with HUGE crowd control and got it to high levels ASAP. Durega's the more useful PA but you need redda too if you want to make good use of an axe in every mission you do.

lern2useit... you mean waste 60 PP on the coulpe of shoves it takes to get my target over to a wall before I can start hitting with durega for damage? yeah thats so pro.

Anga Dugrega is a knockback PA, which is crucial when playing alone.

Bogga Danga is good at NOTHING and has incredibly low DPS.
    Bogga Danga is a knockback PA, which is crucial when playing alone. It deals okay damage having 2-3 hits in every move vs Durega's first two being single-hitters.

Gravity Strike is decent, but for the PP cost, the damage is not very impressive. I'd rather use sabers for juggle/knockback and spears for damage.
    When Gravity Strike works it REALLY REALLY works. I'd rather be able to use any and all high % weapons I make for damage, than have to carry multiple same-element weapons of each type or blow thorough stacks of photon charges when I have to go heavy on one kind of PA.

with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

You really fail.
    Dus Daggas deals more damage than Anga Redda, period. Since Anga Redda also costs more PP, there is no point in using it.

And your n00b comment on Anga Dugrega just proves me right about the fact that you cannot use it.

Anga Dugrega has much higher DPS than Bogga Danga, so I'm not even sure what you actually mean.
    The knockback on Bogga Danga doesn't kick in before the end of the second part of the PA. Rising Strike, Anga Dugrega or Bogga Zubba are all much better moves for soloing.

Lastly, I don't understand how carrying 10 spears will make you use more charges than carrying 5 spears and 5 axes, or 5 spears and 5 sabers, especially since spears have the highest PP of all those three weapons types, and Dus Daggas costs less PP than Gravity Strike or Anga Redda

Why are people too proud to accept that the PAs they're using are not the best? That's so immature, huh.
    I don't use strictly the best PAs myself, I just use the PAs I like, but I don't argue facts.

Crimson Butterfly

You really need to calm down -_-

Just test all of the PA'S

Choose of which YOU like and think it's the best

Rather omg

THIS DOES MORE DAMAGE
    NO THIS BECAUSE OF THIS

Shut up -_- <.<