Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

It still said that he had a frying pan when i finalized i made sure to check. The trade only took about 20 seconds so it wasnt like he was taking too long so just made sure there was a frying pan still there and it still said it was and then finalize and boom no frying pan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Confused on 2007-07-14 10:36 ]</font>

On 2007-07-14 06:15, Theoderic wrote:
    Be glad the crappy thing broke... You are freed from the bondage of the biggest dissappointment in PSU. I sold a 38% Fire Buccaneer for a few million meseta right before the update, expecting the Frying Pan to make up for it... Well, I wish I wouldn't have done that. 2 PP Regen, Crappy stats, and only SE2 Burn... Good job ST. I can see why it would have low stats, but it should have had either SE3 Burn, or more PP Regen than Yohmei Sabers... But oh well, I guess any fG w/o a Fire Saber (like me for example) can make use of it. Shit, at least it was free... But, damn, ST!

I don't know why it's listed as SE3 Burn in the database, but I have it on my Crossbow and I definitely can say that the damge being ticked away is a lot less... About as much as I was doing with only 2 bullets... Maybe I should test it alongside my Twin Handguns... I forgot I had other PAs than Twin Mayalee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-07-14 06:20 ]</font>
    Okay, this weapon really is no different than any other Joke weapon on PSO by comparason. I think this weapon really confirmed some neat weapon ideas about AoI that i was hoping AoI would have but this one apparently has already.

Not only is the weapon funny looking and sounds great when you pop someone, but it inflicts burn as a funny little effect. (I laughed when i saw where its supposed to say " Square = Attack" it said " Square = Cook" instead)

Imagine in the future when we have lots of unique weapons like this. Maybe in the " Icebreak" contaminiation missions we get, we'll get some kind of weapon that can inflict lv1 freeze on contact.

That said, im enjoying this weapon because its actully the strongest weapon in my inventory right now (stronger than my Jitseen), and its fun to use. I wont be using it when i get a better weapon very much, but it's still hillarious to use.

*clunk clunk clunk*

^i concur.

humor? in my psu? *gasp*

i really dont get why people get all uppity about this weapons stats when it's clearly a gag.
    lighten up.
    Starting over on Xbox360!

CLOBBERSAURUS beast F Lvl 40 PT 3
    HK119 cast F Lvl 10 ranger...

The stats are actually pretty good for a 7-star weapon, even if the PP regen leaves something to be desired. The chance to inflict burn is just a bonus.

I don't think any weapon is meant to be a 'gag', but moreso a unique alternative to other options. Even the lower ranking weapons (like the Harisens) do have something going for them. For an item of equal star rarity, it's definitely a contender, but because it is an A Rank item, people definitely want a bit more. It does not hold a candle to Buccaneers, and the Burn doesn't really make up for it. But anything under it, Saber-wise, it has to be the best.

If it at least ended up having better grind increments, then it would be something to really smile upon. Couple that with Yohmei PP Regen, and now you have a weapon. I just think it's useless for any class that uses Sabers, because there are either better single handed melee weapons available, or they can deliver more burn. I mean, it's free, it's a decent item, but it's kind of like having a Sonic Decoration. They only reason to keep it, beyond 'gag' reasoning is to say "Yeah, I was there!" I'll keep mine and grind it in AoI. I doubt they will lower the total number of grinds after a 'break', but I don't doubt that grinding percentages will be significantly lowered, probably to about a third of what they are now (they might even increase the cost of the grinder materials, to further distance achieving +10).

On 2007-07-14 19:11, Theoderic wrote:
    I don't think any weapon is meant to be a 'gag', but moreso a unique alternative to other options. Even the lower ranking weapons (like the Harisens) do have something going for them. For an item of equal star rarity, it's definitely a contender, but because it is an A Rank item, people definitely want a bit more. It does not hold a candle to Buccaneers, and the Burn doesn't really make up for it. But anything under it, Saber-wise, it has to be the best.
    Buccaneer: 595 ATP, 270 PP
    Frying Pan: 536 ATP, 267 PP

Please explain to me how such a miniscule difference (59 ATP is about 4-5 points of damage) means that one weapon is totally awesome and the other one is a waste of time. I disagree, obviously, but I'd like to hear your take on this.

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

I will sell him mine for 1.5

________
    Bmw Nazca C2
    Last edited by D1ABOLIK; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM.

I vended mine. =]

On 2007-07-14 20:15, Sekani wrote:
    On 2007-07-14 19:11, Theoderic wrote:
    Buccaneer: 595 ATP, 270 PP
    Frying Pan: 536 ATP, 267 PP

Please explain to me how such a miniscule difference (59 ATP is about 4-5 points of damage) means that one weapon is totally awesome and the other one is a waste of time. I disagree, obviously, but I'd like to hear your take on this.
    Down Sekani, bad Sekani. You know better than that.