Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

do you just like starting fights?

On 2007-07-14 14:56, Lonzell wrote:
    Eh, don't listen to n00bs. Traps is a good thing. Keep'em on you, because there are always situations where they'll come in handy. If your job can use traps, you should have'em on you.
    Indeed.

Double sabers are highly over rated. I don't like em since you can get a lot of damage dealt to you while doing you attack since only the last hit makes the enemy flinch. Plus it's just fucking ugly. as a FG you need to effectivly balance your melee weapons and ranged weapons. last tip; ignore the public. Most of em are bumbling idiots who think they know how to play but really don't. As long as you do your job you're fine.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

excuse me? I just gave him a tip on economics. traps are not meant to be spammed and since a fighgunner has limited access to traps, it makes little sense to use them haphazardly. in a team, a FG should not have to worry about dishing out SEs. you will almost certainly have a fG PT or a GT in party. trap spamming can mess up whatever plan THEY have so unless you are the ONLY person in your group who can SE, or your potentially SE heavy teammates seem prone to a different plan of attack, It MAY not be worthwhile to use traps. but seeing as how fighgunners are so capable of either melee damage or direct ranged damage, it makes little sense to drop that for the sake of throwing down a trap to burn poison or shock something you very well could have KILLED by then.

I swear all you guys do is greet others with hostility when they have ANYTHING to say that might make you feel the least bit insecure. if you're spamming traps a fighgunner, you suck. in the time it takes me to place a trap I've already killed 2 or three enemies EVEN on S2. why burn or poison or shock or silence what COULD be dead? But fuck it, right? the person who tries to offer some advice to help someone who's more or less just starting out to help them do their job better in a class full of idiots who don't know their potential, is clearly a much needed target for your contempt. if the only things you can say as a counter argument to advice I've given many a FG to help them enjoy playing the class further is "idiots" and "noobs" don't bother. it's fools like you that make it difficult to be a contributing member of boards like this.

Guardian of Grants

Now I'm just confused and don't know how to play a Fighgunner anymore. ;

I love fighgunner, and I wouldn't have it any other way

in groups of 3+ enemies, I use my double saber. Let's be honest, it hits the most number of enemies in the game with one swing, and it has a fast melee combo. That being said, I have high percent doublesabers, so often times they will do more damage on larger enemies as well.

But I love every weapon in my arsenal. Dagger/Xbow combo is amazing. Especially with Deva/Lightning. I shoot them and shock them blocking melee, then use the deva and silence them. They're completely useless after that. Mechgun are alright, but I still prefer the Xbow.

I don't really use swords, spears, fists, claws, or twin claws. But that leaves twin sabers, sabers, daggers, twin daggers, and doublesaber, amazingly everything it gets S rank in. Before I even used a doublesaber, I knew this class was for me doublesaber or not. The doublesaber after using it, just became useful to me in groups of enemies.

Traps are just icing on the cake. Only two I use are burn and confusion. OH confusion how I love thee

THE JACKEL

I really love Twin Sabers, Single Daggers, Crossbows, and traps so I went with this class. When Acrofighter had S rank twin sabers though, I was about to abandon Fighgunner, but Fighgunner is still keeping its exclusive S rank twin sabers, so yeah, I'll just alternate between Fighgunner and Acrofighter. I'm also gonna love the Slicers when those come out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-07-14 21:25 ]</font>
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

ok the fighgunner is not meant to be the brute force of a party. they are not meant to get hit that much. what a good fighgunner does is use the fast weapons than deal moderate-high damage so they cause fliching and damage while not getting hit. they do this while pulling aggro to let the gunners and forces annihilate the enemies without worrying taking damage

A fighgunner's main weakness is one-on-one combat. When it comes to dealing heavy damage to a single enemy, fortefighters have better tools for the job, namely axes, higher ATP, and the PP reduction you'll need for spamming those damaging PAs.

I tend to play the defensive character types a lot. And I've noticed I use the hit and run stradegy a lot as well. Fast weapons are best at this. And I tend to favore 1 handed melee weapons coulped with the mech guns. I knock-up/back/down with melee, back off + moderate damage + drawing aggro from mobs recovering. And it's great to see them occupied with me, while I see a FT or FF sneak up from behind to pound them with real damage.

I sometimes use this stradegy as a FoG, but it's great to actually have the ATP and HP to stand my ground whenever I do get hit from mobs who evaded me.
    Knuckles as well are real fun to use. They're so quick, and their normal attacks flow very well into their PA's.

And don't forget about certain trap access. It's saved time for my group plenty of times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-07-17 09:13 ]</font>
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

On 2007-07-17 08:40, shakowski wrote:
    ok the fighgunner is not meant to be the brute force of a party. they are not meant to get hit that much. what a good fighgunner does is use the fast weapons than deal moderate-high damage so they cause fliching and damage while not getting hit. they do this while pulling aggro to let the gunners and forces annihilate the enemies without worrying taking damage
    not meant to be? look at their stats and weapons selection on melee alone. there's hardly any difference between a FG and FF when it it comes to ATP and FG has much better ATA. I don;t care what you think they aren't meant to do, if a fighgunner can kill just as quickly as a FF, what's stopping them? the only melee weapon they can use than FF can't is a double saber. the double saber standard attack is slow and it's primary PA is best used on stationary enemies while its secondary is only useful when SOMEONE ELSE has the enemy's attention!

I do 800-900 damage a hit STANDARD using Dus Daggas. on small enemies I can use buten shuren zan and then finish them off with mech guns. fighgunners are fantastic for direct damage and I use at most 2 photon charges in any mission. seeing as how S2s give more than enough to cover those charges, I'd say direct damage is one of their strong points.

in ADDITION to direct damage they can use fsater weapons to keep enemies staggered or off their feet to make things easier on the party. but seeing as how FFs can do that too with buten, rising strike, hishou, rising crush and bogga zubba, you clearly don't understand your weapons well.

as far as not being meant to take hits, you can't be serious. I have over 2k hp as a FG. I can get pummeled if I feel like it and not worry about dying. FGs are not fragile acrobatic dancer type fighters. they're durable hybrids meant to mix melee combat with ranged combat and limited trap usage when there's a need to maximize versatility.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-17 16:47 ]</font>