Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

On 2007-07-21 10:41, Zainith wrote:
    Is it true that you can revert a PA into a disc to preserve it for if you want to learn it again? If it is, does it keep it's level? Also if this is true, where did you get the info about it?
    Yeah, as Niered said, this is true. I'll go ahead and add this to the main FAQ. (And you're right, Niered. This information came from an issue of Famitsu a few weeks ago.)

On 2007-07-21 10:59, Eureka wrote:
    I'm just curious if you can put these revert disc into your common box and use them with your other characters. Because if that is the case...I can see some level 1s walking around with max level PAs. Just hope they are like the PA frag discs, and can't be sold and traded...imagine the insane prices max PA disc would sell for if there is not restriction placed.
    No worries. Leveled PA disks cannot be transferred to different accounts. They can be put in your common box, however, giving other characters in your account access to them. (Don't know if the level is retained if a character learns a leveled PA who had never learned it before.) But, just like PA fragment PAs, no trading or selling at player shops.

On 2007-07-21 11:13, Wallin wrote:
    I'm betting the tech will either reset itself on the character completely, or it will retain the level based on each individual user.

For example, one character levels it to 10, puts it in the common box, and another character who has never used it starts from scratch, but if you switch it back to the first character, they get to use it at 10 again.

I'm thinking though that they would put some sort of penalty on it, so I'd guess it'd reset completely each time you remove it.
    I haven't seen anything official on this yet, but I really hope you're right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-07-21 11:20 ]</font>

The disc thing makes sence to me, for people who dont want certain PA's, or for people who just wanna test some out.

On 2007-07-21 11:22, Prima wrote:
    The disc thing makes sence to me, for people who dont want certain PA's, or for people who just wanna test some out.
    Im not going to derail this topic, but suffice it to say that the only thing that differentiates between 2 characters of the same class and job is their PA's. Your PA's are what make you unique. Giving the entire playerbase the ability to simply learn EVERY PA is stupid, as all it does is eliminate the "choice" and replace it with the obvious conclusion.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

The following Q&As were added to the list:

Q16. Will the number of Photon Arts you can learn be raised above 36?
    A16. No. There will be a workaround for this, however. See the next Q&A for further details.

Q17. How does the PA disk conversion work?
    A17. After you've learned a Photon Art, you have the ability to convert it back into disk form, freeing up space in your learned PAs. When you convert a PA back into a disk, its level will be retained so that if you decide to relearn it later, you'll pick back up where you left off. Just like current PA fragment-traded PAs, these converted, leveled PAs cannot be dropped, traded or sold in player shops as they are tied solely to your account. They can only be kept in your personal nanotransformer (inventory), your PM's storage or your room's common box. While in your common box, it is possible for other characters on your account to access them. However, it is currently unknown if they can actually use the disk to learn a pre-leveled PA.

Q18. Will there be an increase in max capacity of your storage systems?
    A18. It has been confirmed that your personal nanotransformer's capacity will not be increased. This has been somewhat addressed with a new lobby system that allows you to transfer items back to your room from the lobby. Despite your personal inventory space not increasing, the developers have confirmed that at least your PM's storage capacity will be increased. No word on the common box at this time.

On 2007-07-21 11:34, EspioKaos wrote:

Q18. Will there be an increase in max capacity of your storage systems?
    A18. It has been confirmed that your personal nanotransformer's capacity will not be increased. This has been somewhat addressed with a new lobby system that allows you to transfer items back to your room from the lobby. Despite your personal inventory space not increasing, the developers have confirmed that at least your PM's storage capacity will be increased. No word on the common box at this time.
    Yeah, when ever i invite my PM to a mission I wish i could be able to take out synth items or put items in storage. Why can you only use their functions in your room?

Also any final word on what's happening to the servers come release?

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

On 2007-07-21 12:55, Kion wrote:
    Yeah, when ever i invite my PM to a mission I wish i could be able to take out synth items or put items in storage. Why can you only use their functions in your room?
    i have always wondered how the pm can be fighting battles with you and still be running the shop in your room.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Guardian of Grants

On 2007-07-21 11:34, EspioKaos wrote:
    Q17. How does the PA disk conversion work?
    A17. When you convert a PA back into a disk, its level will be retained so that if you decide to relearn it later, you'll pick back up where you left off. While in your common box, it is possible for other characters on your account to access them. However, it is currently unknown if they can actually use the disk to learn a pre-leveled PA.
    Where is this information coming from? I'm curious as to how is it we know that a disk can be relearned where you left off later, but not whether or not another character can use it?

They don't. If someone tries to access your shop while your PM is in battle use, it will say "cannot enter room at this time," or something.

On 2007-07-21 13:51, mvffin wrote:
    On 2007-07-21 12:55, Kion wrote:
    i have always wondered how the pm can be fighting battles with you and still be running the shop in your room.
    Simple:

1) PMs can be in two places at once (a feat we could use sometimes)

or

2) Its a hologram!!

Seriously...I always questioned that myself. But who are we to ask such questions...lol

Guardian of Grants

On 2007-07-21 14:16, Kion wrote:
    They don't. If someone tries to access your shop while your PM is in battle use, it will say "cannot enter room at this time," or something.
    One more reason besides theft reduction to put your shop on an alt.