Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hmm, maybe this isn't so offtopic.

Anyway, after about 500 hours of listening to PSO's somewhat repetitive (but moody!) tunes, I started muting the volume and listening to my own music, or the radio, usually Art Bell. It actually made for a much more enjoyable experience, especially when me and two other friends were all listening and commenting on Art Bell's radio show at the same time, while playing.

For a while I was keeping the PSO music on in the GCN version (much better sound over the DC version!), but now I'm beginning to pump music from my PC while playing PSO, once again listening to my own music.

So, do you turn off the PSO music, opting for your own choice of beats/grooves/phatness/schlock, or suffer through another 400 hours stick with the original score?
    And if you go with your own music, what do you usually listen to? Just your normal ol' favorite music, or something that fits the mood of PSO?
    Happy hardcore has been serving me well lately, personally.

I usually turn off the music in PSO via the options menu and turn on some j-pop, j-rock, anime music or my radio shows.

Yeah, the PSO music can be tolerable..but sometimes you just don't want to hear that one track X_X

I've heard worse though =x
    Look, he did it again.

Well, it's Sonic Team, the music can't be THAT bad, afterall. (Now, let's just forget about Big the Cat's theme song, shall we?) It's just that... after a few hundred hours of the same song, you start getting a wee bit tired of it. o_O

I almost always listen to other music while I play. I think it helps me stay awake and not get bored as fast. Just whatever I happen to be listening to at the time. Lately Radiohead over and over and over and over. Right now I have the bends and a live show from 06-23-01 in the player I think.

The Great and Famous

Of course, I can't stand that damn PSO music >_<

I just turn the volume on my tv down, and put some Rap/Hip hop on my radio, and I am all set to kill some rappys.

I usually listen to the PSO music. But lately I've been listening to other music, probably since I know the other songs by heart XD

i always mute pso since a year or so -
    got my cd-player busy most of the time:
    mostly actual random j-rock (judy & mary, l'arc en ciel, x-japan, glay, kana,...), j-pop (pizzicato 5, towa tei,...), anime-soundtracks (berserk,...) or some 'classics' like... um... system of a down, radiohead, r.e.m, ...
    yesterday i had my old cds from herbert groenemeyer in (german singer who actually sings german ^_^; that got pretty rare lately), for a change...
    but then also, sometimes i listen to tv or a video (mixed signals from dc and vcr via some little multi-scart-signal-merge...thingy) while playing...
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

No. The music of PSO is good enough, but I do listyen to music while I post here at PSOW. I'm listening to "Spicy Marmalade".

Canis Domini

I stick with the regular old PSO music.

Its not just listening to the same music over and over again its that theres no words. I like to hear people singing. So whenever I play I turn on my own music.