Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

You use the FT cast to use all support techs, buff, debuff, and do spot damage with spells to cause adverse effects to occur? (For example spamming RAmegid for the confusion, not the damgae, after jallen, zalure, and zoldeel'ing the crap out of everything/body) Would this playstyle be suitable for a FT cast..or is it 'still' a no go? How many of you would take one to an S-rank or higher mission willingly?

Just a question, any support would help greatly, and thank you ahead of time.

On 2007-08-02 15:08, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
    You use the FT cast to use all support techs, buff, debuff, and do spot damage with spells to cause adverse effects to occur? (For example spamming RAmegid for the confusion, not the damgae, after jallen, zalure, and zoldeel'ing the crap out of everything/body) Would this playstyle be suitable for a FT cast..or is it 'still' a no go? How many of you would take one to an S-rank or higher mission willingly?

Just a question, any support would help greatly, and thank you ahead of time.
    i would only take a cast FT if all it used was support spells, bows, and cards. bows can SE anythign u need to quicker than spells, and so do rifles as guntechers or fortegunners!

the onyl time my cast would ever become fortetecher is if i ever found S rank cards cuz i dont want them to go to waste and cards are awesome
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

That role would be better for a GT Cast post-AOI, on top of everything else a GT can do that Casts excell at as far as gunners are concerned. Support only for an FT is kinda bland and you're not playing at your potential.

One thing about debuffing - you will be blowing through charges .
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Aksion FT's Bodyguard LS_Aksion's Avatar

i know a buddy who played FT CAST, did all right from my veiw. good MST defence to help defend against TECH attacks.

Jagdpanzer is his name.
    he used all the Buff Arts & the Longbow to get ready for the harsh stats of the PT.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...AksionMain.jpg
    PSZero - JDubs = FC: 1076 0770 2364

Ice caves... killing bil *cue kill bill music*

Play however you like.

I soloed Mad Beasts S2/Desert Goliath S all the time with my Cast FT. Was much easier than soloing as any other class. EDIT: Actively using attack techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-08-02 15:39 ]</font>

ok, with the extra range that higher level debuff techs have, would people having level 3 buffs, and enemies having level 3 debuffs. the damage saved, and the extra damage melee does as a result, does that not add up to about the same as if you had high TP techs? Also I would thing techs would hit a wider range of enemies to give status effects (at the very least the ra techs would add a stun allowing melee chances to get openings, or back up to reposition themselves etc.) Do you all see where i'm going with this?

One thing about debuffing - you will be blowing through charges.
    Lies. Only like 15 spawns a map that need debuffing (badira's don't need it), 15 spawns x 3 debuff spells x 30 PP = 900. You can even go to 20 spawns and get 1200. Cometarac has 934 PP without grinds, so there is your debuff wand for 15 to 20 spawns. And I'm not even taking into account the PP regen on the wand as you run around attacking with cards. Maybe, on some maps, you'd need 2 wands for debuffing, or one photon charge, but that's it.

good MST defence to help defend against TECH attacks.
    Falsehoods. Well Cast fT MST ain't bad, but its the worst of all races. I have like...ungodly low compared to Newmans and even Humans.

I Cast fT it up, and I must say, it's not as bad as most say. Well, except that at lvl 100/lvl 10 we have 700 TP less than a Newman at lvl 100/lvl 10. And that Newmans only have like 10 ATA less, and *goes on for eternity*

But that aside, it's great fun. Worrying about stats is a burden, if you want to have fun and be all about support, Cast fT is where it is at. Just get ready to use cards and bows like they are extensions of your body.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-08-02 15:33 ]</font>

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2007-08-02 15:32, Deja wrote:

I Cast fT it up, and I must say, it's not as bad as most say. Well, except that at lvl 100/lvl 10 we have 700 TP less than a Newman at lvl 100/lvl 10. And that Newmans only have like 10 ATA less, and *goes on for eternity*
    C'mon, Casts can't be the best at EVERYTHING!!! lol!

ok, with the extra range that higher level debuff techs have, would people having level 3 buffs, and enemies having level 3 debuffs. the damage saved, and the extra damage melee does as a result, does that not add up to about the same as if you had high TP techs? Also I would thing techs would hit a wider range of enemies to give status effects (at the very least the ra techs would add a stun allowing melee chances to get openings, or back up to reposition themselves etc.) Do you all see where i'm going with this?
    Understand that Newman and Human FT's would also have buffs/debuffs at the same level, so it wouldn't necessarily "add up".

Techs are not that great at applying status effects, that is, you would be better off using a bow to apply status as the bullets get level four SE, AND as a cast FT, you'd do some good bow damage.

On 2007-08-02 15:39, JAFO22000 wrote:
    On 2007-08-02 15:32, Deja wrote:

C'mon, Casts can't be the best at EVERYTHING!!! lol!

Understand that Newman and Human FT's would also have buffs/debuffs at the same level, so it wouldn't necessarily "add up".

Techs are not that great at applying status effects, that is, you would be better off using a bow to apply status as the bullets get level four SE, AND as a cast FT, you'd do some good bow damage.
    RA techs get the same level of status Effects for level 21+ techs. Ex RAfoie level 4 burn, RAmegid level 4 confuse, and they target 3 at once. The bow is superior to shis you're saying? O.o

Well, according to one of my friends who has both a Newman Fortefighter and a CAST Fortetecher, he said that CAST Fortetecher is much more difficult than Newman Fortefighter. But yeah, you should be allowed to play what you like, even if it is like the worst thing you can possibly be in the game, you're allowed to be whatever you wanna be IMO.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel