A few people might know that I also play the official Ragnarok Online international server and do a webcomic about it. Since around ... oh, October of last year, I had been taking commissions of zeny (Note: I checked the terms of service ahead of time and this doesn't seem to be an issue) for artwork.

In this case, custom sprite artwork, based on the NeoGeo Pocket game "SNK vs. Capcom - Card Fighters Clash."

You've probably seen people make custom-named recolors of the actual cards from the game. Oh no, son. No. I don't do that. I go beyond that. I make full-on original sprites in the Card Fighters Clash 1 style.

Around the 21st of July, I had completed the 120th commission. In the original game each set has a maximum of 120 cards, so that was the best place to stop--except with this final pic. What I just updated my gallery with, I had been planning on for a while, as a sort of capstone to the whole commissioned cards set.

It took me this long to work on it (It's been a few weeks since I last made an update, hasn't it?) due to a whole bunch of crap going on--for example, I finished this in the midst of a dying hard drive. I've been backing up data even as I worked on it. A close call, lemme tell ya ... I almost irrecoverably lost all my college/work/art/webcomic/site projects ...

Anyway, if you want to see it on my dA gallery, click here. You can also view the profiles and sprites of all 120 cards there, too. Here's a link to the profiles:

Batch 1 Batch 2 Batch 3 Batch 4 Batch 5 Batch 6 Batch 7 Batch 8 Batch 9 Batch 10 Batch 11 Batch 12

Batch 13 Batch 14 Batch 15 Batch 16 Batch 17 Batch 18 Batch 19 Batch 20 Batch 21 Batch 22 Batch 23 Batch 24

When things finally settle down I just might be able to finish that 5555 hit picture I seriously owe a certain someone ...

Heh, very interesting. Custom chars CF style is quite unique.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

That is quite a feat with pixels, just...wow.

You sir, rule.

Being into RO and all I love this. Just looking at this makes me nostalgic.

I love your gallery too. D: The "dreams of photon sheep?" flash is awesome on so many levels.

As evidenced from my sudden burst of posts, I RISE FROM MY CRAVE!

Heh, very interesting. Custom chars CF style is quite unique.
    Thanks!

That is quite a feat with pixels, just...wow.
    Eheh--yeah, when I finished this group shot and took a step back, I thought "... Did I really just finish 120 sprites?!"

I've been making custom CFC cards/characters for years, but this is the only full set I've ever done of them!

This kind of artwork is probably the fastest for me to complete. There were days I was able to crank out an entire batch of five commissioned cards, though rare ...

Being into RO and all I love this. Just looking at this makes me nostalgic.

I love your gallery too. D: The "dreams of photon sheep?" flash is awesome on so many levels.
    ROots, ya'll! *cue Rogues and Stalkers dressed like gangsters*

I've been wondering if sometime I should go and edit the Dreams of Photon Sheep flash to reflect my current appearance in PSU, with my pseudo-RAcast parts set. I made that flash before the Boktos set was available to us.

Or, perhaps I should wait until Ambitions of Illuminus ... such a delimma!