Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resist/Demon++

Making a quiz might discourage new people from joining

I personally read the rules when i joined because i always read the forum rules, some people might not want to join if they have to take a quiz.

As much as i think this is a good idea, as it already has been stated, it would frustrate new users.

Most people usually know some of the basic rules before joining PSOW ( No flaming, No attacking staff ) because they are obvious.

If a quiz-like thing is made i would suggest that it would foccus on the top priority sections or sections that users would not already have some idea about.

Just putting my two cents in...

as per the quiz idea, if there isn't already some form of bot protection, a randomized answer quiz would do the trick. I don't really know if any bot protection is already on here, considering I joined way back in late 03. I've never seen bot spawned acounts though, so it's probably not an issue. Also, even if it does scare away new users... who cares? The forum has plenty of members as is. Some even use the guides or even read in the forums before hand. Those who read and the nwant to join for that, seem like the people you'd wan to have, and are more likely to go through the process.

granted, the all mighty "Edit > find" could always locate rules fairly quickly. Also, if, for wahtever reason, a quiz is done it would be better to do rules not normally known, since the purpose of making them read the rules is to know the rules in the first place. Giving them easy answers would defeat the prupose.

Well, Envy, if we scare users away with a quiz, do we WANT those users here

Exactly. A person sees the quiz and takes it might think that it is to better solidify the rules in his mind, impressing the matter that we do not want the rules broken.

A person who sees the quiz and does not take it might think that it is annoying and that later he might not get away with much of what he does.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I guess we should retroactively quiz everyone else then too eh? The real question is, would current users know the answers only because they've been registered for a while, or because they read and learned the rules when registering? I think we know the answer to that one

I, personally, have read the rules twice or thrice since joining. I am a tad fuzzy, but I make sure that what I post is within the rules. I would hate to get a warning or bannage.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

You'd need some sort of punishment for not knowing the rules ;o

I read the rules once, start to finish and have visited them on a few occasions. Not recently though.

I actually didn't read them until after I joined. >_>;

I sure as hell dont know many of the rules.

I just use my common sense to what to do and not do. Personally.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."