Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DA BANINATAH! GET TO DA CHOPPAH!!!

Seriously. They seem to do exactly the same thing. This has been bugging me for a little while. >.>

not too sure but poison is earth based, virus is dark base.. .virus does a lot more dmg per tick from what I've seen. Other than that i don't really know, they pretty much the same I guess.

Virus does more overall than poison does. Also, different enemies are susceptible to them.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Poison is like 2% damage every 4 seconds while infection is 5% damage ever 4 seconds. I don't know how long poison lasts, but it doesn't seem to be any longer than infection.

The main advantage to poison is that it has the same landing rate as burn (so poison 3 hits large mobs). Too bad Damdiga is the only art that takes advantage of this fact.

Poison sucks. Virus does not. That's the difference. But to elaborate, I believe the tick rate is every 3 seconds, not 4, though it's been a while since I last checked. Like Burn, one application of Poison does less damage than one application of Virus, but unlike Burn, it's a long lived effect that deals weak damage per tick so multiple applications can't be taken advantage of to outdamage Virus.

Only use Poison if no one else in the team is capable of using Burn/Virus or for some reason is capable but not using them when needed (ughness). It's the last resort DoT.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

poison lasts hell at lot longer...

Crimson Butterfly

Poison is 2% HP Per second dmg

Virus is about mmmmm 5%? HP for like 32 seconds

Burn always lasts 10 seconds and does 5 ticks of damage.

Level 1: 2% damage of total HP every 2 seconds. 10% of total HP over 10 seconds.
    Level 2: 3% damage of total HP every 2 seconds. 15% of total HP over 10 seconds.
    Level 3: 4% damage of total HP every 2 seconds. 20% of total HP over 10 seconds.
    Level 4: 5% damage of total HP every 2 seconds. 25% of total HP over 10 seconds.

Virus always deals 5% of the targets total HP every 4 seconds.

Level 1: 5% damage of total HP every 4 seconds. 25% of total HP over 20 seconds.
    Level 2: 5% damage of total HP every 4 seconds. 30% of total HP over 24 seconds.
    Level 3: 5% damage of total HP every 4 seconds. 35% of total HP over 28 seconds.
    Level 4: 5% damage of total HP every 4 seconds. 40% of total HP over 32 seconds.

Poison always deals 2% of the targets total HP every 3 seconds.

Level 1: 2% damage of total HP every 3 seconds. 08% of total HP over 12 seconds.
    Level 2: 2% damage of total HP every 3 seconds. 12% of total HP over 18 seconds.
    Level 3: 2% damage of total HP every 3 seconds. 16% of total HP over 24 seconds.
    Level 4: 2% damage of total HP every 3 seconds. 20% of total HP over 30 seconds.

Ahhh... That poison chart was just what I wanted to know. So this means Poison is roughly half the power of Virus on the fourth level for almost the same amount of time.

Now it makes me wonder if there will be an SE5. Has anyone noticed that the fire attack that Vanda Merhas use inflict 6% of your total health per tick and take off 30% of your health? Or can I just not do mathematics right? (I have 2006 HP and each tick of burn takes off 120 health for a total of 600 damage.)