Decided to play some Pso ep 3. I usually Play guilty gear on thursday nights( thats right, I'm coming for you Rupika, Baiken FTW), but I tripped on the gamecube on my way to the Ps2 and assumed that it was some kind of message to try out something different tonight, and as if called by the Belras themselves, I blindly obeyed.

The first thing I did was watch the opening . I got kinda teary eyed during the intro, but my sorrow was immediately replaced with dissapointment as I recalled, for the very first time in a LONG time, that delsaber wasn't in the game. I felt like sonic team put it in the intro just to make me mad.

When I got to the file select screen, I loaded up my RAGNAGELPPOD chracter. I been plying Psu so long that I had had almost forgot what everyones favorite fromar "Fromar" used to look like.

Next I was given the choice between hero or darkside. I hadn't seen my precious Lura in months, so the choice was obvious.

The special music was playing; Aparently I was at the end of the game. I rushed over to the deck edit counter to see if I had left behind any "boss ready" decks a few months ago. Seeing that there weren't any, I decided to create a new one. My deck capacity was maxed, so I had to get rid of something. Without hesitation, I nerfed a Peko deck. My logic? Its Peko..I mean, Come on. ;>_>

The Deck creation music was extremely nostalgic. I was humming the tune before I had even realized it. Thats definetly going on my i-pod.

After editing, I ran over to the warp counter loling at the way that my character was running. It was so stiff compared to the way he runs in Psu and yet, this older run had a sort of solidity, or rather, weight to it. It must be the result of having that a heavy deck of Cards stored in his arm slot.

So I was up against castor. I went with Rio, since she was my first love before I got into a serious relationship with Lura. My hand was looking great; Had drew 3 6 costs and two defense cards. I said out loud "Man! this is OVER! xD" but Castor went first and approximatly 3 swods later I found myself on the defense, my finger already on my "death cry" shortcut that says "I'm gonna go out in a blaze of glory".

Then I got owned in the face by her devastating action card, wave motion/devils whim, I forget. "Man, this is over! >_<" I said aloud as the game did its standard 3 part instant replay, reminding me of how bad I just got served.

(In retrospect, I think Rio is holding the Yasminkov9000m, but for some reason her guns DON'T have the range of a rifle. I assume shes using the Kubara version.)

Oh yeah, and there was that "Game over" screen outta nowhere. There goes my self esteem. Thank you Sonic Team.

I make a new deck, starring my Blue Deity this time, armed to the teeth for some Fly-swatting action. There was a nice little cut scene bonus for bringing Lura to the final battle. I don't remember the dialoge, but she started glowing and crying or soemthing. I think her maiden circut reached the final stage. I also think that everyone should watch Saber Marionette-J so that my reference dosen't fall onto deaf ears.

Back at castor, My first hand Had Indi Belra in it. that was good. Unfortunately, castors first hand probably had dice fever in it. That was bad.

Not wanting to make the "Rio mistake", I drew once more and came out with a pair of govulmers and a dark belra. I ended up setting both govulmers and trapping castor in a corner, her Ap reduced, making her almost as easy to block as a physical attack from Realmitos on his tp turns...

Castor died, naturally, and I noticed that she also jiggled, naturally. yeah, THAT jiggle. I mean, sure it wasn't Dead or Alive material or anything, but it was plenty incentive for me to throw the next battle with Amploum umbla Just to see it once more, for good times sake. Whether that makes me a hardcore gamer or merely a someone who aprreciates game physics for the wrong reasons is for you to decide.

The deformed grape cluster Amploum Umbla. having Shot Dulk Fakis in the face with my Rising Shot so many times, it was extremely gratifying to see what I consider the "true" boss of Pso. Smiling like the grinch himself, I hit f12 on my keyboard which made Lura shout "My Belra has Never Failed me!".

My first hand was bartle and 4 defnse cards. I drew and got 2 govulmers, dark belra, Indi belra and legacy. That was possibly the absolute greatest opening hand that my deck had to offer, and I was uber-excited about it. I actually got on my knees and bowed to my gamecube. "Gone for all this time...why did I ever walk away from this?!?!" I questioned myself.

(ok, I'm looking at the notes I made on this battle and apparently I pretty much stopped taking notes until the battle was over.)

So , to my knowledge, the battle basically went like this: Me using govulmers to lower his umblus Ap, umbla summoning high cost monsters and then casting Meteor imeditely next turn, and dark belra picking off the 1-hp monsters. Then somehow I lost govulmer because I wasnt paying attention to the Gibbles that had been creeping up umblas left side. I shoulda played legacy sooner but I was having too much fun.
    Unable to lower Umblas Ap because I only had 1 or 2 Ap silence action cards in my deck, which had conviniently dissapeared during my time of need, I went into a cycle of placing bait in front of gibbles as i used all my defense to Save my precious Lura. Umbla Got a buttload of exp. And on one of the turns, gibles got bored and decided to stalk Lura, so I was essentialy wasting precious Ap trying to escape the King of Gibbons instead of summoning The only creatures in my deck that could last more than two turns without me having to defend them, the Belras themselves.

Finally played dice+1 over his flatland. Finally Summoned Dark belra. Uh oh! Delbiter! >_< And like a scene from Golden Sun, Dark Belra was felled! That Delbiter has too much move for its own good.

After a bunch of running, I eventually Rolled another 9/9 and got to perform both a summoning and an attack with Indi belra on the same turn. and, since Both Gibbles and Delbiter were stalking Lura, they were smack dab in Indi's atack range. After baiting Umblas defense with Lura (standard Com-bashing protocol) I pressed the "A" button with authority as indi belra Launched her Devastating arm.

The sound effect was the best. It was like a Whish-Fizz-boom-*exp filling noises*-*glass breaks* (Dice bonus!) Topped off with the subtle sound of a gibbles dying in the background.

It was the kind of noise that you'd have to tilt your head to the side if you wanted to hear its maximum clarity, kind of like Grants.

With a series of 9/9 rolls at my disposal, Umbla was quickly put to rest by a combination of Bartle+Lura unit blows and Indi belra. It was already rape at that point and so I showed Umbla some mercy by not using my "Fly" assist card.

And thats pretty much it. It went to credits eventually. The song was pretty epic. Definetly going on my i-pod.

I did some free battle after that but a combination of bad Peko decks and "segas wrath of Dice" make those battles not worth mentioning. u.u

Call me if theres any E-Drama

I have a similar experience.
    I was soooooo used to ym awesome decks and kicking ass with VR Raiden. So i was at my friends house and we decided to play ep3. I got destroyed. I was almost embarassed. The reason? I hadn't played for so long that i forgot which decks were which. It seemed all of them were decks with only Team defense

and lol At Swod. Hadnt heard that in awhile

www.myspace.com/rupika

Yep, right there with ya'll. I lost to Pollux twice before I shook out all the cob-webs of my (spam) deck. I was like "O_o" Because, I had already taken it on the chin from Break and Orland in that "stupid" Future quest. Which has already, almost doubled my losses. Well, like Dias says about learning from defeat. P.S. Rag, (My) Sol Badguy is always waiting for the next challange.

Hey i remember the day of bringing out the Mahu with 10 tp gootimes. Than throwing the control on the ground becuase the com loves to piss you off with conpanion. Godd times good times. Well it seems that the ancients don't like me playing this game because they took my memory card but dose that stop me? No. I keep going playing with my father even if i have to make a new character to do it. I think his name is Miroku. so goodbye elison, goodbye over swing, goodbye Lightning Partisan. So many cards I will miss but most of all Resta, that was my all tiem favorite card that and protection i have yet to reobtain. so anyone who once new the old McPot please send a msg.