I was reading the guide for techniques and I was wondering how dos MST affect technique power? We know it doesn't affect S/D or J/Z at all, but does it affect Megid (probably not, since Megid is also %-based)? How exactly does MST affect technique damage (or healing for Resta)?

I'm pretty sure all suport techniques EXCEPT resta only depend on level. As the level increased the percent increased.

Attack techniques do alot more damage if you have have higher mst though. That I know.

Ugh, i spent a while trying to figure out the exact math behind how tech damage is calculated. But its really really confusing.

So it says this is the formula for foie...

1-15: 50*(Lvl - 1)+110
    16-30: 65*(Lvl - 1)-85

It doesnt say anything about mst in there. That is probably because MST is a constant in each formula. So rather than write it out they just assume its there. But even if you add the MST its still just as confusing, if not more.

So the power for a lvl 1 foie is 110. And if you have 53 MST its does about 30 damage to an enemy with 0 EFR. So the algebra part is figuring out how 110, 30, and 53 are related to eachother. Something along the lines of 110 (x) 53 = 30, where x is an unknown relation between 110 and 53.
    (the damage isnt correct because it did all this a while ago.) Then you need to boost your mst a bit, find out how much you damage the same enemy and then solve the same equation, and finaly see how the 2 equations relate to eachother.

Heh, i wasnt able to figue it out, maybe someone else will.

[edit: I need to start proof reading my posts]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2002-12-27 14:00 ]</font>
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.