Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On 2007-09-03 15:57, Darkly wrote:
    Yeah, i understand that traps are useful however, i think im going to only have them for back up situations as i wouldn't like spending so much money on them because after using them for a while i could have bought a shiny new bow etc. for the same price.

I agree with you and rarely used traps at first. But once my Protranser could do those S2 missions and see 15k payout, traps were not that bad anymore. Those cheap, fire, poision and virus (especially virus) works great against those larger targets help you to take them down faster. I think that I look at it now as, the quicker I can move though a mission, the more drops, and the sooner I can see the final mission reward.

I stuck to bows until my character was about level 50 and started to use Shotguns and Grenade Launchers more often. I leveled dark, fire and ice to 21 first for my bows and that has carried my character along ways.

Above all, enjoy the variety you have with this class. One day I think I will melee and the next I pull out the ranged stuff. Nice to be able to do both well.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

Well, after playing with him for a bit today i decided to invest in a new bow, bought a kubara alteric for only 40k and grinded to +5, its good because its only an 83 ata requirement and has 500 ish atp, i think im in love with bows, plus in my opinion its far sexier than the a rank bows, which is always vitally important.

EDIT: I thought i'd add that i too am having great fun in playing this class because its forcing me to be more creative when playing, i also have new found love for low weapons grinded high, its so easier to do and its just as effective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-09-04 15:26 ]</font>
    I'm straight, so what?

You on the 360 servers? Because if you got an alteric on the PC/PS2 servers then you're one luck,lucky bugger.

Anyways,all the advice given so far is what I'd give. Learn which enemies you can safely melee and from where and which attacks to use when you can. I've found a lvl11+ bogga danga invaluable against Jarba and other large monsters because of the mobility of the first hit and the staggers of the second. DOT SE's are gonna be your friend for a LONG time as well

Gardner, Kansas. Sorry bea, I'm stuck here for now.

Would have to be 360 for a Kubara weapon of any kind to be THAT cheap.

This kind of info helps me out, too, because when I'm back on PSU, I'm going to be making Trüst (again), and he'll be a Protranser as well.

my final question is about armors and slot units: which is a good armor to get as a levelling protranser?

and which slot units are good for protranser? i would like to know which units are good to hunt down for prtoranser eg. hard/power charge, and which ones are good to just purchase from stores.

I'm straight, so what?

Protransers can use pretty much any of the arm units, by changing their style to minimize any downsides they have. I'd favor high rank GRM or Tenora armor as a PT. Look for set bonus stuff if you can... Rabol Rad is especially good, Gigush Line lets you get a pretty good set of swords going very quickly.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Got some guts... on my dagger Kelvie's Avatar

Shotgun at PT1 with a low lvl char ?
    I tried it with my lvl26 Cast, on Crimson Beast B, and I was surprised to see that I was hitting the monsters for 3 damage points per bullet, for a total of 9 by shot.
    How is that supposed to be fine ? >_>

My advice would be to avoid being PT at low lvl, and to lvl the job fast.
    If you really want to play PT with a low lvl char, I would suggest to use bow since it doesn't care for ennemies dfp and has low req, and be ready to be more of a SE than damage dealer until you get some lvls.

in a party situation, i've begun using my shotgun to pointblack enemies with shock, it inflicts SE very quickly and useful for troulesome enemies, once enemies are shocked i usually switch out to melee or something as to not override the SE.
    I'm straight, so what?

I used to use the HPC and it helped quite a lot. PT doesn't get any PP useage bonus with weapons like the forte classes so it burned up my weapons in a hurry. I use an SPS now, and I prefer it.

I pull out my shotguns mostly for statuses on low STA monsters. For robot missions I use almost nothing else... just keep the shock/confuse going so the KS gunners can take care of things more easily, maybe some virus if I've got time. Ultimately you'll end up using lv21+ handgun skills for statuses on most midsize monsters, and crowd-control melee PA rather than shotgun point-blanking for direct damage. Shotguns still have their place, it's just smaller.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan