A short foreword of things to keep in mind. I have done no cleaning up to this, so things like character names needing bolding, action text needing italicizing is not done. Neither is spell checking. I have tried to keep grammatical and spelling errors present in the game, and intact in the script. There are portions of the game where the spoken dialog and the text do not match up. I have followed the written portion, when writing the script, and occasionally added bits of spoken dialog so long as they do not contradict what is in the written portion.

Also note: Some NPC's have static dialog that they keep all throughout the game. The Technic master and the Shield line fanatic for example. I do not add them into each subsequent chapter, but their text is detailed when they first appear. Similarly, this goes for instances like Pete's menu dialog when selecting options. It's not in every chapter, but it is recorded. However, some dialog is kept, such as the opening movie, for the sake of structure. Furthermore, tutorial information is not presented in the script unless spoken by an NPC (Word bubble vs. Text Box).

When I finish the last three chapters, I'll edit them, clean them up, and submit them for the PSOworld database. Then I will work on the Ep II online quest scripts and what little text there is for Extra Mode, including introductory e-mails from storyline NPCs.

----------------------------------------------------

In a far away galaxy lies a sun orbited by three planets. The Gurhal system.
A place inhabited by Humans and their creations;
CASTs, Newmans, and Beasts.
For 500 years there was war among the races.
A seemingly never-ending conflict.
Then finally... an era of peace and prosperity that has lasted 100 years.
But now, a darkness has awoken, and threatens the universe.

(Intro Movie)

Episode 1 Chapter 9: Hot SOS

Ohtoku City: Central District
-----------------------------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan and Maya stand in front of the G-Flyer base on Neudaiz)
Ethan: Before you go, Doc said to give you this.
(Ethan hands Maya the tracking device)
Maya: Thank you.
Ethan: Maya, are you sure you're okay with going alone? Want me to go with you?
Maya: Ethan, this is my problem! This has nothing to do with the GUARDIANS. You already have your work cut out for you helping the professor.
Ethan: Maya...
Maya: Bye for now, Ethan. Please, take care of him!
(Maya turns and exits into the G-Flyer base)
(End Cutscene)

Ethan: Just as Maya said, I've got to become strong for the doctor... First thing... There are still no leads to the location of the Neudaiz confinement system. I guess the GUARDIANS Intelligence Section is working on it. I should probably go back to my room now.

Ethan's Room
---------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Pete, Dr. Tomrain)
(Ethan enters his room and walks up to Pete)
Ethan: I'm back!
Pete: Welcome back, Ethan. I've gathered some data for you.
Ethan: All right, I'll take a look.
(Ethan's Comm unit beeps. He answers it)
Dr. Tomrain: Ah, Mr. Waber. You're back.
Ethan: Doctor!
Dr. Tomrain: It looks like we've pin-pointed the location of the kidnapped Lou unit.
Ethan: And Professor Taragi, too?
Dr. Tomrain: Unfortunately, they seem to be held at seperate locations. Maya is currently tracking down Professor Taragi. Mr. Waber, will you retrieve the Lou unit for us?
Ethan: Of course!
Dr. Tomrain: Well then, report to GUARDIANS Headquarters as soon as possible.
Ethan: I will.
(Ethan hangs up)
Pete: It's a step in the right direction isn't it, Ethan?
Ethan: Yeah. Well anyways, I'm off!
Pete: Be careful.

(Talk to Pete)
(Pete has no "Talk" dialouge in this chapter)

(Ask about Endrum Collective Mystery)
Pete: It appears certain that the Endrum Collective has a role in the scientists' kidnappings.
Ethan: The activation of the confinement system got rid of all those creatures, thankfully. And those Endrum Collective guys haven't been back, either.
Pete: Do you think it's because they kidnapped Dr. Taragi?
Ethan: Well, maybe... I just feel like there's something else we're missing. It's not like I miss Magashi or anything... It's just kinda creepy when they get this quiet all of a sudden.

(Ask about Confinement System)
Pete: There is one confinement system on each planet for a total of three. The locations of the confinement systems on Neudaiz and Moatoob are still unknown. The President seems to feel these three systems hold the key to repelling the SEED.

(Ask again later)
Pete: Dr. Tomrain is waiting at GUARDIANS Headquarters.

Cylez City: Central Table: First Floor
------------------------------------------------------

Ethan: Hello, Mrs. Milzu!
Mrs. Milzu: Oh, Ethan! Have you been to Neudaiz again recently?
Ethan: Yes I have.
Ethan (thinking): (There's no way I can tell her about her husband...)
---(Again)
Mrs. Milzu: Ethan, what's wrong?
Ethan: Nothing. Nothing at all.

Old Man: Maybe it'd just be better if the SEED destoryed this world!
Ethan: Wait a sec, old man! You'd better shut your trap!
Old Man: I can say whatever I want, kiddo.
Ethan: A lot of people have sacrificed their lives to protect this world. Show a little respect!
Old Man: Nobody respects me, why should I respect them?
Ethan: That's not the point!
---(Again)
Old Man: I wouldn't mind getting knocked off by the SEED. I've gotta go somehow, someday.
Ethan: You're sick...

Archaeologist: The truth is, the nanoblasted form was originally the desired beast form, but because it consumed so much energy, the ability to control that consumption to the best of one's ability became vital.
---(Again)
Archaeologist: There are even a lot of beasts who don't understand a lot about nanoblasting.

Gapard: Hey Ethan! You got a minuite?
Ethan: What's up?
Gapard: My mom doesn't want me joining the GUARDIANS.
Ethan: Well she probably just doesn't want you to be in danger. That's kind of the thing with parents... from what I hear...
Gapard: Hey, why are you taking my mom's side!?
---(Again)
Ethan: Well, it's really your own decision to make. I mean, you're not a kid any more.
Gapard: That's true...

Newman Male: Maiden... won't you come to the colony again? It's been so long since she's shown herself!
---(Again)
Newman Male: Maiden... Where are you these days?

Human Male: I heard that a huge tower appeared in Mellvore City. That's where they had that mysterious explosion years ago, isn't it? Perhaps the tower will cause another explosion.
---(Again)
Human Male: Why wasn't that huge thing found until now?

Cylez City: Shopping Mall A: Second Floor
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan: Hi, Kumil!
Kumil: Ethan! Hey, do you have any friends who want to join the GUARDIANS?
Ethan: Why do you ask?
Kumil: My dad wants help finding people to join.
Ethan: Really?
Kumil: But he said I couldn't...
Ethan: of course he did!
---(Again)
Kumil: Go ask your friends, okay?
Ethan: Sure thing.

Engineer: To say something more about machines, there are many types according to our various needs. There are more than just autonomous machines, such as military machines and partner machines, like yours. There are machines that control the navigation on spaceships and others that maintain our living environments. These machines are built to assist us and make our lives easier.
---(Again)
Engineer: You, me, and everyone here, we are all being aided in our daily lives in ways we don't even notice by countless numbers of machines.

Ethan: Hey, Mikua!
Mikua: I don't feel like talking today. Leave me alone.
Ethan: What's wrong? When you put it like that, I only want to talk more!
Mikua: I've got a lot going on and you're never any help, so I don't want to talk about it!
Ethan: But I'm different now. I'm a Guardian. I'm more dependable now!
---(Again)
Ethan: So what's bothering you?
Mikua: Would you leave me alone already?

Human Girl: The Mellvore tower? What's that? I'm busy enough trying to figure out what to make for dinner every day!
---(Again)
Human Girl: I wonder if it's because of the tower that prices are so high?

Fat Man: What's the story about that huge tower on Mellvore? Before, when I went to Mellvore, I had no idea that they were hiding a tower like that...
---(Again)
Fat Man: I never knew there were RELICS sites that huge.

Nano Transformer Fan: That tower is a RELICS site? If there's a nano transformer inside that RELICS site, I'm sure it'll be an amazing device!
---(Again)
Nano Transformer Fan: There's got to be a nano transformer at that RELICS site.

Ethan: Hello, Mrs. Lead. I met Jonb on Moatoob.
Mrs. Lead: So I heard! It's sort of strange... I've never seen my son on a mission, not once!
Ethan: I don't think that's so strange.
---(Again)
Mrs. Lead: Tell Jonb I said hello!

Cylez City: Shopping Mall B: Third Floor
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mischec: What's wrong, Ethan? You look down.
Ethan: No, I'm not. (I can't bring myself to say anything...)
---(Again)
Ethan: (I'm sure his mother has a good reason for not telling him...)
Mischec: What's wrong, Ethan?
Ethan: Nothing's wrong...

A-Photon Fanatic: The CAST SUV-Weapon system is a long-distance nano transformer that works from special satellites deployed across the system. So what do you think? By using A-Photons you can do all sorts of stuff like that.
---(Again)
A-Photon Fanatic: To use the SUV-Weapon you've got to apply for a license whenever you use it. That can be kind of a pain.

Photon Fanatic: The SEED are drawn to A-Photons, or so the theory goes. To me, it sounds like this theory is saying that the SEED are our punishment for neglecting photons.
---(Again)
Photon Fanatic: Photons feed off our spirit energy... A-Photons do not. I think it's necessary for us to put more serious thought into these facts.

Astronomer: With the President's cooperation I got the budget and the staff to investigate the irregularities on the sun! Of course, it's nowhere near as much as I wanted, but... Right now we're accumulating observational data.
---(Again)
Astronomer: We are now accumulating new data on the sun's irregularities!

Ethan: Hey, Endy!
Endy: Oh, Ethan...
Ethan: What's wrong? You look sort of down.
Endy: ...You can tell? I went to Parum for the first time... I'm a bit disillusioned after all that CAST supremacy stuff...
Ethan: Yeah, I know what you mean.
---(Again)
Ethan: Forget about all that stuff, Endy! If we can show them that we humans and GUARDIANS are good, they'll come around!
Endy: I want to believe that...

Cylez City: PPT Spaceport: Fourth Floor
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ethan: Hello, Mr. Chief Manager of Operations!
Jabutz: Oh, Ethan Waber... I got a question for you. Have you ever been to Moatoob?
Ethan: Yeah, a bunch of times. What's the matter?
Jabutz: Eh... It's nothing.
---(Again)
Ethan: Operations Manager Secbel, why did you want to know about Moatoob?
Jabutz: It's not important. But stop messing it up! It's "Chief Manager of Operations"!

Beast Male: The first time I went to Moatoob, my bags were stolen. The attitude of the Moatoob police was so irritating! Later on I heard that the police and rouges often work together. I'll never go back to Moatoob again!
---(Again)
Beast Male: You couldn't pay me to set foot on Moatoob again!

Porsh: Hello there, Ethan.
Ethan: Hey, Porsh... You know Moatoob pretty well, don't you?
Porsh: I suppose so.
Ethan: Do you know a Guardian named Mayton Pord?
Porsh: ...Yes.
---(Again)
Porsh: Let's talk again soon, okay?

PPT Desk Caseal: You're a Guardian, right? You guys keep up the good work!
Ethan: Huh? Thanks!
PPT Desk Caseal: The other day my home was attacked by the SEED but the GUARDIANS come and purified them quickly. Now my home is as good as new!
Ethan: I'm happy for you!
---(Again)
Ethan: If you ever have a problem, let us know!
PPT Desk Caseal: That's sweet.

Cylez City: Guardians Headquarters: Fifth Floor
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporter: I did a bit of investigation on the Endrum Collective. Their mission is to preserve the RELICS... but they've used that mission to preform pretty brutal acts around those sites. It's unconfirmed, but they seem to have no qualms about kidnapping or murder. As a secret military agency, even the Alliance Military doesn't issue them orders! Someone named Endrum Harness is responsible for them. I tried reading up on him, but his origins are a mystery. Magashi himself isn't even officially acknowledged publicly. At this rate I'll have one heck of an article! I'll show them the power of the written word!
---(Again)
Reporter: If I make this into an article, it will definitely be the end of the Endrum Collective!

Human Male: To think there was a RELICS site like that on Mellvore... Is it true that it's supposed to be a trump card against the SEED? What are we supposed to do with it?
---(Again)
Human Male: What are we supposed to do with that tower?

Ethan: Hello, sir!
Mr. Godes: Hey, Waber. There was something I wanted to discuss with you... If you know anyone who's interested in joining the GUARDIANS would you mind sending them my way?
Ethan: Hm... I might know somebody...
Mr. Godes: We're pretty short on people these days. Even in the Resident Security Department.
Ethan: I'll do my best, sir.
---(Again)
Mr. Godes: If you know of anyone, let me know, okay?
Ethan: Yes sir!

(Before returning to Ethan's Room)
Mina: Welcome to the GUARDIANS, defenders of Gurhal's future! There are no missions that you can accept here right now.
(After returning to Ethan's Room)
(Scene: Ethan, Mina)
Mina: Ethan! Hello!
Ethan: Hey, Mina!
Mina: What was your mission about yesterday?
Ethan: Er... They're making me keep quiet about it. Sorry about that.
Mina: Oh, I see. Does it have something to do with that huge RELICS site that appeared on Parum?
Ethan: Huh? I wonder... Could be...
Mina: Geez, that's no fair! Oh well. Dr. Tomrain and Lou are waiting in the meeting room.
Ethan: Huh? Lou is? But that's...
(End Scene)

Guardians Headquaters: Meeting Room
----------------------------------------------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan enters the meeting room and is surprised to see Lou standing there to greet him)
Ethan: Lou?! You're okay!
Lou: ?
Ethan: I'm so glad!
Lou: I am serial number Lou 256. You are searching for serial number Lou 178. Lou 178 is still missing.
Ethan: What?!
(Dr. Tomrain enters)
Dr. Tomrain: Good to see you again, Mr. Waber.
Ethan: Doctor... What's going on here?
Dr. Tomrain: I can't blame you for being surprised. Lou's body frame was mass produced, and I happen to have one of the same model. Hmm, how many...
Lou: I am not permitted to answer that question.
Dr. Tomrain: Oh, I apologize.
Ethan: So that explains it. I thought for a minute there that we'd found her.
Dr. Tomrain: They can actually exchange information with each other in realtime through a neural transmitter. However, it appears that the Lou we lost in Parum has been disconnected from the network.
Ethan: You thin the Collective's behind this?
Dr. Tomrain: Yes, most likely.
Lou: For a brief moment however, she reconnected and was able to send out a distress signal. It originated in the Moatoob Desert. And it appears she has further information regarding the Confinement System.
Ethan: Does she know where to find one?
Lou: It is too difficult to tell from her transmission. It stopped before the download finished.
Dr. Tomrain: Mr. Waber, would you go to Moatoob for me?
Ethan: Of course!
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Lou, Dr. Tomrain)
Lou: I will formally explain our current mission. An intermittent distress signal is being broadcast from the kidnapped Lou unit located in the central region of the East Kugu Desert. It is believed that the unit was on an airship that crashed due to recent sporadic fighting between the Endrum Collective and rouges. Underground in the East Kugu Desert, quicksand deposits are common, and this is believed to be the cause for the intermittent transmissions. I receive the Lou unit's signals so I will be accompanying you as we attempt to recover the Lou unit.
Ethan: Got it.
Lou: There will be two others accompanying us on this mission. They will rendezvous with us at the Dagora City branch so prepare for departure at once.
Ethan: So then... Is there another Lou unit waiting at Dagora City?
Lou: Yes, there is.
Ethan: Weird.
(End Scene)

Cylez City: Guardians Headquarters: Fifth Floor
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(After meeting Dr. Tomrain)
Mina: Welcome to the GUARDIANS! Protecting the future of the Gurhal System. Oh, Ethan! Your next mission is on Moatoob, right? May the Holy Light guide you!

(After meeting Dr. Tomrain, Lou appears)
(Talk to Lou)
Ethan: You... er... Are there a lot of you?
Lou: To put it simply, yes. However, there is only one consciousness.
Ethan: Then... Couldn't you all be a little bit nicer?
Lou: The amount of data we process is vast, so unnecessary emotions-like qualities have been removed.
Ethan: Unnecessary emotions...
---(Again)
Lou: A combat unit Lou will be accompanying you on your mission.
(Add Lou to Party)
Lou: Understood. ... I have contacted a battle unit Lou.
(Remove Lou from Party)

Holtes City: Central District
----------------------------------------

PPT Caseal: Hey, did you say that somewhere there's a CAST that's the same model as me?
Ethan: Yeah, at the colony shuttle departures area there's a CAST who looks exactly like you.
PPT Caseal: Really! Are there more on Neudaiz and Moatoob as well?
Ethan: Not that I know of.
---(Again)
Ethan: (It looks like she works a bit differently than the Lou units.)

Green Cast: What could that tower possibly be? A RELICS site from the ancient civilization?
---(Again)
Green Cast: I guess it's got to be a RELICS site... But I've never heard of such an enormous one before!

Blue Caseal: That tower? It doesn't affect my daily life, so what do I care?
---(Again)
Blue Caseal: Who gives a flying fig?

Yellow Cast: To think there was something as big as that tower under Mellvore! That tower is probably the cause of the explosion, too, don't you think?
---(Again)
Yellow Cast: I'm a little worried that tower will cause another big explosion.

AMF Cast: Hey you! What do you think you're doing!?
Ethan: Nothing...
AMF Cast: If you don't have any official business here then you'd better go back to the colony! Guardians are such an eyesore...
Ethan: What a load of nonsense!
AMF Cast: You're on CAST territory, human!
---(Again)
Ethan: Got a lot of free time on your hands, do you?
AMF Cast: What!? Was that an insult!?

Holtes City: West District
--------------------------------------

Ethan: Hello, Speal.
Speal: You come here a lot. Do all Guardians have that much free time?
Ethan: I'm trying to expand my knowledge of each planet, to educate myself.
Speal: Yeah, right!
---(Again)
Ethan: Hey, Speal.
Speal: Be careful, the Alliance has spies everywhere!
Ethan: That's pretty creepy!

Ethan: Hey, Yokus... Did I do something wrong?
Yokus: No. No, you didn't.
Ethan: If something's upsetting you, I can't just ignore it.
---(Again)
Ethan: Hey...
Yokus: I want to be alone, Ethan. So stop pestering me with all your useless chatter!

AMF Guard: An ancient civilization's confinement system... That thing was in Mellvore all along? How did the GUARDIANS manage to find that? And what good are those ancient ruins to us anyways?
---(Again)
AMF Guard: I can't understand what you humans are trying to accomplish.

Mikaris: Oh, Ethan! Please listen to what I have to say. I'm being serious!
Ethan: Mikaris... No matter how much you want a baby, it's impossible for a CAST and a human...
Mikaris: You fool. I know that much! I'm not saying I want to HAVE a baby. I just to raise one!
Ethan: A human child?
Mikaris: CAST children don't grow up. I really want to raise a human child! Do you have any ideas on how I might go about that?
Ethan: Well... Let me think about this.
---(Again)
Ethan: Give me some time to think about it.
Mikaris: All right. I'm counting on you!

---GRM Shop
--------------------

Ethan: Hello, Commander Geece.
Stank: Hey, Ethan.
Ethan: ...I wish all Alliance Military personnel were like you, Commander.
Stank: Ah, that's very generous. But I think you give me too much credit!
Ethan: No, I think I'm pretty right-on!
Stank: I'm getting weaker, Ethan. I get sad when I think that Prafo will probably grow old and die before me.
Ethan: That's not weakness, it's kindness, sir.
---(Again)
Ethan: If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!
Stank: Thanks, Ethan. I might take you up on that one day.

Ethan: Hi Madris!
Madris: Hey! It's Ethan!
Ethan: Madris, where does the Alliance Military send you?
Madris: I'm mostly attached to Headquarters.
Ethan: You plan operations?
Madris: No, I mostly do communications office work.
Ethan: You never see combat? Oh...
---(Again)
Ethan: Madris, about your job...
Madris: I don't mean to be vague, there's just a lot to it.

---Parts Shop
--------------------

Ethan: Hey, Prafo!
Prafo: Hi Ethan. ...Say, how are the Alliance Military and the GUARDIANS different?
Ethan: Uh... that's kind of hard to explain. But when it comes to their desire to protect the Gurhal System... They're pretty much the same.
Prafo: Okay...
---(Again)
Ethan: Hey, Prafo!
Prafo: What?
Ethan: CASTs and humans have got to start getting along better, don't you think?
Prafo: I get along fine with everyone!

Holtes City: West District
--------------------------------------

Human Male: I trust that I can talk to you. I'm thinking about joining the anti-CAST movement. No matter how you slice it, Parum is screwed up! From the administration, all the way to the justice department, why do the CASTs control everything? We've got to make some changes around here!
---(Again)
Human Male: We have got to put an end to human oppression!

Ethan: Hey, Rol.
Rol: You again...
Ethan: If you act like that all the time, you'll never find happiness.
Rol: There isn't any happiness to be found around here.
Ethan: That's why you have to make up with your grandfather. He's so sad!
Rol: ...
---(Again)
Ethan: You know, you're not the only one who has a tough life.
Rol: ...

Ethan: Hello, Mr. Medoc.
Mr. Medoc: Oh, it's you... I wish I could just die...
Ethan: What are you saying!?
Mr. Medoc: I don't have any dreams or any money... Just a granddaughter who curses my existence. There's nothing left but the sweet release of death.
Ethan: Don't talk like that, Mr. Medoc. Your granddaughter would miss you if you were gone. Eventually you'll learn to understand each other. Don't give up hope!
---(Again)
Mr. Medoc: Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm so tired... I just wish things were easier!
Ethan: They won't always be so hard, Mr. Medoc. You'e got to have faith.

Holtes City: Guardians Branch
---------------------------------------------

Human Female: What's with that big tower that appeared in Mellvore? You went to Mellvore recently. Do you have any clues as to what that thing is? Oh yeah, it's probably classified information, right? Well, looking at your calm composure, I can't imagine it's anything too horrible.
---(Again)
Human Female: Still, how could something so big lie undiscovered under Mellvore all this time?

Black Cast: The Endrum Collective... I had an encounter with them while escorting an investigation team to a RELICS site... They were an unpleasant group. Why has the Alliance Military let a group like that run around unchecked?
---(Again)
Black Cast: There are instructions from Headquarters to capture and hold members of the Endrum Collective upon discovery. Don't drop your guard!

Human Male: I'm sorry about before... Getting so upset... Whenever I think about Karen I... Er... it's not important!
---(Again)
Human Male: Just forget about it!

(Before meeting Dr. Tomrain)
Sheena: Welcoming to the GUARDIANS, making futures for Gurhal! We hae no missions here now that you can accept.
Sheena: Welcoming to the Guardians! Making the future of Gurhal!
Ethan: Hello, Sheena.
Sheena: Mr. Waber, your mission is at Moatoob!
Ethan: I'm just stopping by.
Sheena: Be careful when you going. The Holy Light will be guiding you.

(Talk to Lou)
Lou: You finally figured us out.
Ethan: Uh... I knew it all along!
Lou: There is no need to hide your ignorance. You know now, and that is all that is important.
Ethan: Darn it!
Lou: Please retrieve unit number 178.
Ethan: Yeah, sure thing. I'll bring her back.
Lou: If you can, retrieve her memory. It doesn't matter whether or not you bring back her body.
Ethan: Huh? Uh... okay.
---(Again)
(Add Lou to Party)
(Remove Lou from Party)

Ohtoku City: Central District

Ethan: Excuse me, but about that imposter newman trying to collect donations...
Galmo: Oh, thanks to you it looks like she's cut back on her activities. So we'll leave things for now...
Ethan: ...Is that okay?
Galmo: Strict punishment is not a part of the Communion's doctrine.
Ethan: If you say so!
---(Again)
Galmo: Thank you for your cooperation!
Ethan: I really don't get you guys.

Reporter: What is that enormous tower that appeared on Parum? I may have to go over there myself to collect some information and find out what's going on. I'm not looking forward to it though. It's so depressing there.
---(Again)
Reporter: Mellvore City... It's just a bunch of ruins. How depressing!

Kinian: I love the Maiden"! Go Go Gurhal"!
Ethan: Huh? Were you just singing something?
Kinian: W-What are you talking about? You must be imagining things.
---(Again)
Ethan: (I'd better watch out for this guy.)
Kinian: Today I'll do my best for the progress of the Communion!

COG Newman: Recently the Divine Maiden has seemed a lot better! It's like... she's more vigorous than ever before!
---(Again)
COG Newman: The Maiden used to appear rather fragile, but... She seems to be a lot stronger now for some reason. I can't say why.

Pavilion of Air Guard: The Divine Maiden is really pushing herself. Her followers seem a lot more energetic and happy nowadays.She's really become a splendid contribution to the people! There's nothing for you to look so worried about!
---(Again)
Pavilion of Air Guard: The Divine Maiden is magnificent!

---Yohmei Shop
-----------------------

Newman Male: It seems a giant tower-like RELICS site has appeared in Mellvore City. I heard all the SEED were wiped out in a blast of light and wind. The ancient civilization was so powerful...
---(Again)
Newman Male: There should be two more towers like that, right? What will happen when all three are found?

Ethan: Hey! You imposter newman!
Swindler: What are you talking about? You're disgraceful!
Ethan: Well, how about you take off those fake ears and we'll go report to the Communion together?
Swindler: What are you talking about?
Ethan: Don't play dumb with me!
---(Again)
Ethan: I saw you pretending to be with the Communion and swindling people for donations!
Swindler: That's enough! I'll sue the GUARDIANS for abusing my rights! Farewell!

Male Beast: Why won't anyone believe me? The real Divine Maiden is probably locked up somewhere! She's waiting for someone to come save her! The poor Maiden...
---(Again)
Male Beast: Where could the real Divine Maiden be?

---Synthesis Shop
---------------------------

Ethan: Huh? ...Purol?
Purol: ...
Ethan: What's wrong? You look down.
Purol: My mom and dad said it's bad to listen to what a human says!
Ethan: (They're going too far!)
Purol: Why is it bad?
Ethan: If you don't know, then I sure don't know!
---(Again)
Ethan: You should be nice to humans. And beasts and CASTs, too!
Purol: Yeah, all right...

Male Newman: A huge tower has appeared on Parum... You're a Guardian, right? Can you tell me what that thing is? No? That's too bad.
---(Again)
Male Newman: Why is information about that tower a secret?

---Clothes Shop
-----------------------

Old Woman: Have you seen the Divine Maiden recently? She seems to have changed. She's actively traveling to foreign lands and countries. She even talked to me!
---(Again)
Old Woman: I'm so thankful!

Ohtoku City: Guardians Branch
----------------------------------------------

Ethan: How's it going, Bunami?
Bunami: Hey, Ethan! I've been hearing people talk about you. They say you're really amazing!
Ethan: Me? Not by a long shot!
Bunami: I wish I could be in the Mobile Defense Force with you...
---(Again)
Bunami: I'd love to fight alongside you...
Ethan: When that day comes, you can show me what you've got!

Ethan: Hello, Director Milzu.
Mr. Milzu: Hey... Can I talk to you about something... man to man?
Ethan: What's the matter?
Mr. Milzu: It's about me and the receptionist, Sinenu.
Ethan: Huh?
Mr. Milzu: Don't pretend like you don't know...
---(Again)
Mr. Milzu: This is between you and me. I don't want to make my wife worry unnecessarily, you know?
Ethan: Y-Yeah...
Mr. Milzu: If she asks you about it, I don't want you to say anything to make her worry, okay?
Ethan: ...All right.

Sinenu: Hey you, hold on!
Ethan: What now, all of a sudden?
Sinenu: Don't play dumb with me! I know what you did! You spread those nasty rumors! I'm shocked that you'd stoop to something so low!
Ethan: Hey hold on, what rumors?
Sinenu: About me and Director Milzu being more than coworkers!
---(Again)
Ethan: Hey, look...
Sinenu: I won't forgive you! I'll make you wish you never joined the GUARDIANS, so watch out!
Ethan: Hey, give me a break!

Reyna: Thank you for visiting the GUARDIANS, defenders of Gurhal's future. We currently have no missions that you can take on.
Reyna: Welcome to the GUARDIANS! Protecting the future of Gurhal. Mr. Waber, I believe your mission is on Moatoob, is it not?
Ethan: I know. I'm just stopping in.
Reyna: Do come back soon! May the Holy Light guide you safely.

(Talk to Lou)
Lou: You finally figured us out.
Ethan: Uh... I knew it all along!
Lou: There is no need to hide your ignorance. You know now, and that is all that is important.
Ethan: Darn it!
Ethan: Yeah, sure thing. I'll bring her back.
Lou: If you can, retrieve her memory. It doesn't matter whether or not you bring back her body.
Ethan: Huh? Uh... okay.
---(Again)
(Add Lou to Party)
(Remove Lou from Party)

Dagora City: Central District

Faroi: Hello, Mr. Waber!
Ethan: Hey, Faroi!
Faroi: Mr. Waber, how do you do a nanoblast?
Ethan: Well... It's something you have to learn, isn't it?
Faroi: I wonder if I could do it if I learned how?
Ethan: It's impossible for newmans, though.
Faroi: But my dad was a beast. I'm not a regular newman!
Ethan: Really!?
---(Again)
Faroi: Are you surprised?
Ethan: Yeah... a little!

Emun: Mr. Waber, do you have a moment?
Ethan: What is it, Ms. Ohka?
Emun: Well the truth is, I'm in trouble... There's this annoying recruiter who's been making it really hard for me to get workers. She's horrible! She takes a 90% commission from her workers... so now everyone is afraid to sign up to work in ANY mine, including mine! It's extortion!
Ethan: Wow, that's a huge cut!
Emun: That's why I always tell people that I employ directly.
---(Again)
Emun: If that recruiter doesn't quit her horrible ways, this town's economy will plummet!
Ethan: Is there anything I can do about it?
Emun: I don't know... just... Do something?

Human Woman: Hey kid! You're just in time! I need your help!
Ethan: What happened?
Human Woman: My bag is gone! It was full of the money I was going to use to buy mining rights!
Ethan: You've got to keep things like that close to you at all times. I sympathize with you, but you probably won't be getting it back.
Human Woman: What a dangerous city this is!
Ethan: It's different than the colony, that's for sure!
Human Woman: Yeah, I know.
---(Again)
Human Woman: It's all right. I still have some money left. It was an expensive lesson, but I'll reflect on it.
Ethan: I see.

Beast Male: The Vol brothers? Ah, that absurd trio... They think they're big shots because they're on the Landeel now. They aren't very tough, though. A long time ago there were a pair of legendary rouges called the Vol brothers. Those three goons go by the same name... but their influence is nothing compared to the originals!
---(Again)
Beast Male: The real Vol brothers were two very dangerous men. Those three are like kittens by comparison.

Bukle: Hey, Ethan!
Ethan: Hey, we meet again!
Bukle: So I guess you're pals with Gawik at the pub, eh?
Ethan: I wouldn't say we're pals exactly... (What was his name again?)
---(Again)
Bukle: What's your relationship with the boss?
Ethan: I told you we aren't pals. I just stopped into his pub...
Bukle: I see.
Ethan: (Hm... I can't remember who this guy is...)

Ethan: Hey, you said you're Pipi Vol, didn't you? Are you related to those Vol brothers?
Pipi: Don't you dare mention those twerps' names in front of me!
Ethan: They sure are twerps!
Pipi: Those imposters took the name of a great pirate group from long ago and I was using it first! If they're your friends, I'll take you down right now!
Ethan: T-They aren't!
---(Again)
Pipi: If you know where those three are, you'd better tell me now. I'm gonna destroy 'em!
Ethan: I have no idea.
Pipi: You better not be hiding 'em from me!

Extortionist: What, you got another problem?
Ethan: I didn't say anything. You feeling guilty about something you did?
Extortionist: Of course not!
---(Again)
Extortionist: If I lose face, then someone is gonna have to pay up!
Ethan: This is going nowhere...

Ethan: Hey, Jonb!
Jonb: Hey, Ethan!
Ethan: Jonb, you've been on Moatoob for a long time now, haven't you?
Jonb: It's already been five years! I think I've had enough. I'm pretty tired of it...
---(Again)
Jonb: Working from Headquarters is probably the best. You get to go all over the system!
Ethan: Yeah, it's pretty nice.

Ethan: Okay, that's enough... I'm not even surprised when I see you any more.
Traveling Cast: Yeah, really!
Ethan: Are you really on a trip?
Traveling Cast: I am.
Ethan: ...Are you a reporter folling me to a RELICS site or something?
Traveling Cast: Hehe! I can't tell!
Ethan: You're gonna have to tell me sooner or later...
---(Again)
Ethan: So, where are you going?
Traveling Cast: This time I'm going to take a tour of the desert.
Ethan: The desert is pretty harsh...

Ethan: What's the matter?
Old Cast: You're an obstinate one, aren't you? I'm AWOL from the Alliance Military. Can't you just leave me alone, please?
Ethan: Honestly?
Old Cast: What would be the point about lying about something that would get me in trouble? Just let me die here!
---(Again)
Ethan: Do you plan to stay here until you die?
Old Cast: My battery should be gone soon. Then it'll all be over...

---Synthesis Shop
---------------------------

Small Beast: Why do you look so down? Your girl leave you or something? Moatoob is the best place for shops to help get your mind off that kind of thing. Lemme introduce you to a good shop!
---(Again)
Small Beast: It's nice to be young. There's so much to look forward to!

---Gawik's Pub
----------------------

Gawik: Well, well, Mr. Waber! You always come back even though I won't serve you! Must be the pleasant atmosphere that keeps you coming back!
Ethan: Uh... you think?
Gawik: Sure! You don't need to drink to enjoy the company of men, do ya?
Ethan: I guess not!
---(Again)
Gawik: You know, drinking's bad for you anyway.
Ethan: That attitude probably won't help your buisness, you know.

Old Beast: What's that big tower that appeared on Parum? Quit looking at me like that! Are you trying to make a fool out of me? Just because I'm old doesn't mean I can't beat you, boy! So, you gonna tell me about that tower or what? Huh? Is it a secret or something? Don't mock me!
---(Again)
Old Beast: If you try to make a fool out of me, you're lookin' for trouble on a stick, boy!

Beast Male: Hey, kid! I haven't seen you for a while! What's the matter... all burned out? Doesn't matter to me! Doesn't matter how tired you get, or where you guys run off to die. That's got nothing to do with me!
---(Again)
Beast Male: Why don't you run off to some battle somewhere!

Dagora City: Guardians Branch
----------------------------------------------
(Scene: Leo, Tonnio, Lou, Ethan, Mana)
(Leo, Tonnio, and Lou are standing around the mission counter as Ethan enters)
Leo: There you are.
Tonnio: Yo.
Ethan: So "two partners" meant the two of you, eh? Oh yeah, sorry about before...
Tonnio: Yeah, no prob.
Lou: When everyone is done getting ready we'll head to the East Kugu Desert by G-Flyer.
(Mission "Search for Lou" now available)
Tonnio: I've got some stuff I still need to get.
Leo: The deserts of Moatoob are pretty harsh. Stock up accordingly.
Ethan: Yeah, I will.
Leo: Well then, when you're done getting ready, we'll rendezvous at the flyer base. Go on.

Solen: Hello, Ethan.
Ethan: Hello, sir.
Solen: That punk was giving you a hard time, wasn't she?
Ethan: You saw? It would've been nice if you gave me a hand...
Solen: It's hard to deal with women, isn't it?
Ethan: Yeah...
---(Again)
Solen: That punk needs to be taught some manner! She is kind of cute, though, don't you think?
Ethan: You think so?

Female Beast: You just happened to be in Mellvore? The ancient civilization used that tower to eradicate the SEED, didn't it? But the SEED came back. So does that mean that the seal was broken? And is there a limit on the confinement system?
---(Again)
Female Beast: You guys are trying to reinitialize the seal one more time, aren't you?

Mana: Hey, this is the GUARDIANS. We defend the future of Gurhal and stuff. We don't have any missions you can take on here. Now now, anyway.
Mana: Hey, this is the GUARDIANS. Protecting the future of Gurhal.
Ethan: Hello Mana.
Mana: Hey, you looking for Lou, too? Ya know, you might run into that confinement system, too. Look real hard, all right? That chick... she's pretty blunt, but she's got her head scrwed on all right.
Ethan: I'll find her.
Mana: The Holy Light will guide ya!

(Talk to Lou)
Lou: I cannot discuss the number of active Lou units. That information is classified.
(Add Lou to Party)
Lou: Very well. I will contact a battle unit Lou.
(Remove Lou from Party)
Lou: Very well. I will contact a battle unit Lou.

Dagora City: Central District
------------------------------------------

(Talk to Leo)
Leo: What is the confinement system, exactly?
Ethan: I don't really understand it myself. All I know is that it sure came in handy. It could turn the tides in this war.
Leo: I see. Well then, we'd better give this search everything we've got.
---(Again)
Leo: We can handle whatever comes our way. That's what being a pro is all about!
(Add Leo to the Party)
Leo: I've got a bad feeling about this one. Take extra precautions when stocking up.
(Remove Leo from the Party)
Leo: All right then, when you're done getting ready, let me know.

(Talk to Tonnio)
Tonnio: I heard you went to the Gates of Denikaya.
Ethan: Yeah, I did.
Tonnio: Damn. I wanted to see them activate the confinement system!
Ethan: Really? Too bad for you, it was really cool! (Of course I was in the RELICS site so I didn't get to see it, either...)
---(Again)
Tonnio: Damn. I wanted to see them activate the confinement system!
(Add Tonnio to the Party)
Tonnio: You haven't seen anything as hardcore as the Kugu Desert. Galenigare is nothing by comparison!
(Remove Tonnio from the Party)
Tonnio: Hey hey, get a move on!

(Select Mission from G-Flyer base)
(Cutscene)
(The G-Flyer streaks across the Kugu desert. On the desert ground, the shadow of the G-Flyer can be seen, as well as another, growing, shadow)
Leo: We're almost there.
Lou: Something is following us.
Tonnio: What are you talking about?! I don't see anything! Maybe the heat's frying your circuits.
(Four missle-like objects streak from the sky. The G-Flyer rolls out of the way just in time)
Tonnio: Ahh! What's that?!
(From below the G-Flyer, four laser beams shoot up, striking a cloaked ship in persuit. Damaged, the ship de-cloaks)
Leo: It's one of the Endrum Collective's battleships.
(The floor of the desert undulates, throwing clouds of sand into the air as another ship emerges)
Leo: It's the Landeel!
Tonnio: What's it doing here?!
Leo: How should I know?!
(The Landeel and the Endrum warship begin furiously trading fire with the G-Flyer stuck between them. The G-Flyer evades the crossfire and rolls out of the way, but is struck on the wing sending it to the ground in flames)
Ethan, Leo, Tonnio: Aaaaaaah!
(End Cutscene)

East Kugu Desert: Block A-1
(Scene: Ethan, Tonnio, Lou, Leo)
(The party stands before the wreckage of their G-Flyer. They are shaken, but unhurt)
Leo: Is everyone all right?
Ethan: Yeah... for the most part.
Lou: There are no problems here.
Tonnio: Ugh! That Tylor! Next time we meet I'm gonna put him in his place!
Ethan: But... We've still got a ways to go before we reach the touchdown point. Can we walk it from here?
Tonnio: Wait a sec. I know this place like my own backyard. In this desert there are these two-legged native creatures called Lungas. They may not look it, but they're pretty friendly. Let's catch a few and ride 'em to our destination!
Ethan: Catch them?
Tonnio: Yeah! Get a load of this!
Ethan: He's sure into these lungas...
(Party exits)
(End scene)

East Kugu Desert: Block A-2
(If you try to exit back to Block A-1)
Lou: That's the wrong way, Mr. Waber.

(Upon seeing the Lunga)
Tonnio (shouting): That's a lunga! Everyone grab one!

(Cutscene)
(Ethan cautiously approaches a grazing lunga, then sprints towards it and lunges. The lunga screaches and ducks his grasp)
Ethan: Damn! Come back here!
(Ethan lunges again and again at the lunga, but each time it slips away as if mocking him. Ethan dives towards the lunga, landing hard on the ground as it skitters away. Tonnio, atop a lunga of his own, rides up to Ethan)
Tonnio: Not too coordinated, eh, Ethan!
Ethan: H-Hey!! How did you...?
Tonnio: Just catch it, willya?! Let's go!
(Tonnio rides off)
Ethan: Hey, where ya goin'?!!
(Ethan futally tries again to catch the lunga)
(End Cutscene)

(Lunga riding tutorial)
Tonnio: All right. Let's do this! Giddy up!

(Trial Start)
(Ride the lunga from block A-2 to A-4)

East Kugu Desert: Block A-4
-------------------------------------------
(Trial end)
Lou: Everyone wait, please.

(Scene: Ethan, Lou, Tonnio, Leo)
(The party dismounts their lungas before the entrance to cave)
Ethan: What's wrong?
Lou: I've locked on to the rescue signal from the missing Lou unit. According to the map data, rather than countinuing through the desert, it would be faster to cut through this cave.
Tonnio: We can't take the lunga in there.
Leo: Then we'll have to travel by foot.
Ethan: Let's let them go.
(Scene fades then cuts back in as the lungas race off into the desert)
Tonnio: Thanks for the lift, guys!
Ethan: Later, fellas!
(End Scene)

East Kugu Desert Caves: Block A-1
(Try to exit to Desert Block A-4)
Lou: Mr. Waber, that isn't the right way.

(Fight through to block A-2 to Exit)

East Kugu Desert Caves: Exit
--------------------------------------------
Ethan: Huh? There's someone in the shadows!

(Cutscene)
(Ethan and party shimmy out of sight against a boulder, weapons cautiously drawn. The figures turn out to be the Vol Brothers, who are seemingly playing with a pile of sand. Do Vol is the first to see Ethan and his party approach)
Do Vol: Wha? Huh huhhh!
No Vol: Aaaah!
Ethan: Man, not you guys again...
Hiru Vol: The Vol Brothers at your service!
Tonnio: Stupid punks! You almost killed us!
Hiru Vol: It's him!
(Tonnio tries to rush the brothers, but Leo holds him back)
Tonnio: Lemmie go, Leo! This time, I'm going to finish the job!
No Vol: It's not our fault! It's the Endrum Collective! Go after them!
Hiru Vol: Yeah, that's right! And thanks to them, Liina's disappeared!
Tonnio: What's that?! Liina?!
Hiru Vol: Yeah, in that last battle we were in, the ship that Liina was on got shot down, so we came to find her because we're so nice!
(Tonnio breaks free from Leo's grip)
Tonnio: If you're so nice then what were you doing just sitting around?! Liina needs us!
Leo: Wait, Tonnio! We have a mission to complete.
Tonnio: I'm gonna find her! Let's go!
(Tonnio runs off, with the Vol Brothers folling close behind)
Hiru Vol: Yes sir!
Leo: Hey! Tonnio!
Ethan: Ahhh, good riddance!
Leo: I can't believe that guy.
Lou: Be alert, everyone... Something is rapidly approaching.
Ethan: What?!
(From the rock walls and boulders emerge Endrum Special Ops CASTs who quickly surround Ethan and party)
(End Cutscene)

Leo: You're with the Endrum Collective, aren't you?
Ethan: Are they looking for Lou, too?

(Defeat Endrum Assassins)

(Scene: Ethan, Lou, Leo)
(The party stands before the remains of an Endrum Collective soldier)
Ethan: They're looking for Lou, too?
Lou: Yes, but their goal is different than ours. Once they find that Lou unit they'll dispose of it to remove any evidence.
Leo: In any case, if they're searching too, then we've got to hurry. I can contact Tonnio later.
Lou: Yes, let's hurry. It's a little bit further to the origin of the Lou unit's distress signal.
(End scene)

East Kugu Desert: Block B-1
(Try to exit back to previous block)
Lou: Mr. Waber, that is the wrong diretion.

(Fight through Blocks B-1 and B-2)

East Kugu Desert: Block B-3
Lou: The distress signal from the Lou is just ahead.

(Cutscene)
(The party walk into a wide open area littered with smoldering debris. Lou points into the direction of the distress signal)
Lou: Over there.
Leo: Huh?
(The group moves forward through the debris until Lou stops and points to the ground. Ethan and Leo begin clearing away the dirt with their hands and discover the missing Lou unit)
Ethan: There she is!
(They quickly work to clear the rest of the sand and dirt away and pull her body out)
Leo: Hmph!
(Lou kneels beside the broken Lou unit and places her inside her nano transformer)
Lou: Now we must get back to the colony.
(Tonnio comms the part)
Tonnio: Leo, can you read me? I found Liina!
Leo: We found Lou as well. We'll rendezvous at the crash site.
Tonnio: Sure, but we can't save Liina by ourselves. We need help.
Ethan: Understood. We're on our way.
(They hang up and begin to walk away)
Lou: Not allowed. We must leave before we are discovered.
Leo: We need a little more time. There're still survivors out there.
Lou: Our mission was only to retrieve this body.
Ethan: Look, our friend's out there and he needs our help. Forget your regulations, just once.
Lou: Chance of survival is less than 12%.
Ethan: Sheesh, always with the numbers!
Leo: Look! There in the sky!
(Magas Maggahna streaks through the sky towards the group. Ethan and Leo try to run, but the machine fires a ball of energy at them which explodes, sending them diving for the ground. Lou, however walks calmly out of blast range. The device then flies off into the distance)
Lou: This is what happens when you do not listen to my warnings.
Ethan: Just give it a rest!
(Ethan and Leo stumble to their feet)
Leo: Now now... How about this - can we at least take the time to gather up Tonnio? Getting out of here alive is gonna take all the help we can get, and you gotta admit, there's a lot more strength in numbers.
Lou: It will take a little longer, but there is logic in that analysis.
(Leo pulls Ethan to the side and mumbles)
Leo: Fight logic with logic, eh? She's not the only one who can count.
(Party exits)
(End Cutscene)

East Kugu Desert: Block C-1
Leo: Tonnio's beacon is coming from this direction.
Ethan: All right, let's go!
Lou: Our probability of success is very low.

(Try to exit back to Block B-3)
Leo: Tonnio's beacon is coming from the other direction!

(As the party enters the block, Endrum battle machines attack them)
Ethan (shouting): I think these guys are with that big machine.

East Kugu Desert: Block C-2
Leo: Hm? What's that?

(Cuscene)
(Tonnio and the Vol Brothers push hard against a ruined space craft, but are unable to lift it)
Tonnio: Hey! Over here!
Leo: Alright, we'll do this together!
Ethan: Yeah!
(Leo and Ethan brace against the crafts hull as well, and help to try and flip the craft, but are still unsuccessful. Lou stands by watching)
Ethan: Hey! Don't just stand there, help!
Lou: I specialize in information exchange. I am not suited for manual labor.
Ethan: What's her problem?!
(Lou walks off to survey the damage, and soon notices a pair of legs sticking out from below a large piece of metal)
Lou: Ah. Everyone, I have located Liina.
Leo: Huh?!
Tonnio: What?
Ethan: You found her?!
(Leo, Tonnio, and Ethan rush over to Lou, leaving the Vol Brothers to hold up the craft by themselves. The ship rolls over on top of them, pining their legs)
Vol Brothers: Huh? Aaahh.
(Ethan, Tonnio, and Leo lift the piece of metal off of Liina, and toss it aside. Tonnio bends down to her side)
Tonnio: Liina, you okay?!
Liina: Tonnio...
Tonnio: I'm so relieved... Oh man...
Liina: You came all this way to get me... Thank you.
Tonnio: You bet.
Leo: Glad that worked out.
Ethan: Yeah.
Lou: It is against regulations for GUARDIANS to aid known pirates.
Ethan: Can you quit it with the regulations? Her life is precious, whether she's a rouge or not.
Lou: It must be difficult coping with a biological body.
Liina: Thank you all for saving me. Let me introduce you to the Landeel crew.
Tonnio: What?! No...
Liina: Why?
Tonnio: He's there, right?
Liina: Who, Tylor? Haha, you're jealous!
Tonnio: T-That ain't it!
Leo: Oh come on, we could use some more help. We've lost our shuttle after all.
Lou: I cannot believe we are willingly accompanying pirates.
Ethan: Believe it or not, but we're still going!
Vol Brothers: H-Hey!!! Help us!!! Get us out of here! Aaa. Oooh. Come on...
Liina: It's the Vol Brothers... What're they doing over there?
Tonnio: Oh, right. I almost forgot.
Leo: Well, then... I guess we should save them.
Ethan: Probably more trouble than it's worth...
(Party walks off-screen to help the Vol Brothers)
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Tonnio, Lou, Leo, Liina, Vol Brothers)
Lou: Everyone, I have some unfortunate news. The recovered Lou unit's memory is unstable. It won't make it back to the colony in this condition.
Ethan: Perfect. Can't they fix it on the Landeel?
Liina: Your memory? I just checked. Nothing here looks broken.
Lou: It isn't for me. It's for a CAST of the same model type as me.
Ethan: We came here to recover that CAST.
Liina: If it's just a CAST that needs fixing, we can probably... Well, come on.
Leo: Hold on. I'll bet the Endrum Collective is in persuit.
Ethan: With our numbers we should be able to handle anything, right?
Leo: But the problem is time. Lou doesn't have it. We can't afford to waste time here. I'll take the Vols and head after them. Ethan. You, Tonnio, Liina, and Lou keep going.
Ethan: Got it.
Leo: All right guys, let's be good decoys.
Hiru Vol: Heyyy, decoys!?
Tonnio: Hey! Quit yer yammerin'! I'll knock you out again!
Hiru Vol: A-All right, all right! We're going, we're going!
(End Scene)

(Try to return to block C-1)
Liina: The Landeel is in the other direction.

East Kugu Desert Caves: Block B-1
(Scene: Ethan, Tonnio, Lou, Liina)
(The party enters an underground cave system)
Liina: If we go through here, we should reach the Landeel soon.
Tonnio: Lou, how much longer will the recovered Lou unit's memory last?
Lou: Ordinarily, I would say at least a few hours. However, inside this cave, the satellite connection isn't very strong. It will put a larger burder than usual on the backup system. For that reason, I suggest we get through this cave before sunrise or else risk damaging the data permanently.
Liina: Before sunrise... It's going to be close! But there's no way to the reach the Landeel other than going through here.
Lou: Understood. The probablility of clearing this cave within the allotted time is...
Ethan: Don't worry about the probability! You're connected to the other Lou units, right? Tell everyone to call out to the recovered Lou unit. Tell her she'll be all right. Tell her to hang in there!
Lou: What is the purpose of doing something so unscientific?
Ethan: If you don't believe in your own strength, you can't change anything!
Lou: Your deductions are very illogical. I don't understand.
Tonnio: Hey we don't have time for this! Hurry up!
Ethan: All right, we're coming!

(Trial Start)
(Fight through blocks B-1 & B-2)
(Trial End)

Landeel Landing Site
-------------------------------
(As you enter the block)
Ethan (shouting): Lou! How is the memory doing?
Lou: It is still intact.
Ethan: Great!

(Try to exit back to previous block)
Liina: Where do you think you're going?

(As you exit to the Landeel)
Liina: Look, there's the Landeel!
Ethan: I never thought I'd find myself on a pirate ship.

Landeel Bridge
----------------------
(Cutscene)
(Liina enters the Landeel bridge where the rest of the party is waiting while Lou is being repaired)
Liina: They said the repairs are almost finished.
Leo: Are we close to the city?
Liina: Yeah, pretty close.
Leo: Tonnio...
Tonnio: W-What?
Leo: Don't you think it's time you and Liina got reaquainted? Huh, boy?
Tonnio: T-That's none of your buisness!
Leo: Well, pout all you want, but I'd say you're missin' out.
Ethan: Enjoy yourself!
(Leo and Ethan turn to leave)
Tonnio: Hey! Wait! C'mon guys!
(The door to the bridge opens and Tylor enters before Ethan and Leo can exit)
Tylor: Hey, Ethan. Been working hard?
Ethan: Yeah...
(Ethan and Tylor shake hands. Tylor then walks up to Tonnio)
Tylor: I heard you saved Liina. I'm grateful.
(Tonnio turns and ignores Tylor)
Liina: Tonnio...
Tylor: Looks like he's in a bad mood.
(An alarm sounds)
Tylor: Oh man, they're back...
Leo: The Endrum Collective?
Tylor: Yeah... it's Magashi.
Leo: Well, you've got our support!
Tylor: Thank you, my friends.
(From the bridge window you see Magas Maggahna aproaching)
(End Cutscene)

Landeel Landing Site
-------------------------------
(Cutscene)
(The Magas Maggahna lands before the party. Scene changes to Magashi in it's cockpit)
Magashi: The Guardians and rouges fighting together! How convienient. I'll make short work of you all!
(End Cutscene)

(Trial Start)
Tylor: I owe you one from before. Here it comes!
Magashi: Pirates, ha! You're the least of my worries!
(Defeat Magas Maggahna)
(Trial End)

(Cutscene)
(The Magas Maggahna lies in smoldering ruin. Magashi leaps out, drawing his blade)
Magashi: I will enjoy watching you die!
(Magashi and Ethan trade blows, until Ethan locks swords with him. While Magashi coldly stares Ethan down, Tylor rushes in from behind and impales Magashi)
Magashi: Arrgh!
Tylor: You just don't die, do you?!
Magashi: Grahahahaha! Grahahaha! Diiiiieeee!
(Magashi crackles with electricity, a bright glow envelops him, and then he explodes - sending Tylor and Ethan spinning through the air to the ground. Ethan and Tylor stagger to their feet and stare the crater left where Magashi once stood)
(End Cutscene)

Landeel Bridge
----------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan, Leo, Lou, and Tonnio watch as Liina finishes repairing the damaged Lou unit)
Liina: Just one last... there, done!
(Electricity flows through Lou, reactivating her. She slowly opens her eyes)
Lou 178: Lou 256...
Lou: We're here for you, Lou 178...
Lou 178: We must transfer data soon. My ICE will not hold out much longer.
Lou: Understood.
(Lou hold her hand above Lou 178's head. A potonic conduit opens and the data transfers)
Lou: Data transfer complete.
Ethan: What the heck just happened??
Lou: Lou 178 has completed her mission. We are free to dispose of her.
Liina: You can't just... Your friend just died! What? You don't you care?!
Lou: Such emotions are a waste of processor energy.
Liina: A waste of...?? I can't believe it... Your friend just died and you don't feel a thing.
Tonnio: Liina, you're talking to a bunch of circuits, remember? Let's go.
(Tonnio and Liina exit)
Leo: I can't do this, can you?
Ethan: No way.
(Ethan and Leo exit. Lou stares at the disabled Lou unit. It sheds a single tear)
Lou: Tears? Impossible. Useless emotions should not be active.
(Lou reaches down and closes Lou 178's eyes)
Lou: Goodbye. Rest in peace... Lou.
(End Cutscene)

Chapter 10 Episode Preview
Narrator: To find the last remaining part of the Confinement System on Neudaiz, the President suggests the use of divination. Ethan goes to Neudaiz to beseech Karen, the new Maiden, for help. Will the Communion of Gurhal allow the Divine Maiden to help? Next time on Phantasy Star Universe: Rite of Divination.

Chapter 10 Alternate Episode Preview
-------------------------------------------------------
Hiru Vol: We are the mighty Vol Brothers!
No & Do Vol: Yeah!
Hiru Vol: Aren't we cool, brothers?
Hiru Vol: Aren't we amazing?
Ethan: Will you guys keep it down?
Hiru Vol: Oooh... Are you trying to get in our way again?
Ethan: You're being really annoying. Go and annoy someone else.
No Vol: You idiot! We're here to do the chapter preview.
Do Vol: Yeah! What he said!
Hiru Vol: It's our turn to have some fun now, not yours. Got it?
Ethan: All right. Fine.
Hiru Vol: Hmm huh? That was easy.
Ethan: Can I just say one thing though?
Hiru Vol: Yeah, okay. Remember that we're rouges, though, so don't say anything stupid.
Ethan: Thanks. Ahem. Next up, Phantasy Star Universe: Rite of Divination. See you then! Later guys...
Hiru Vol: Argh!! That was OUR line!
No & Do Vol: Noooo!