Well I've been synthing a few nightwalkers recently and have been hoping for high percentage ones. I ended up making one 10 % (selling) two 16 % (keeping for use) and one 26 % which I was using up until now. Today, I decided I might as well take out those two 16 % NWs and synth them to see if I could reach 5 on one. Lo and behold (and even on 0 luck day ) I got one to 5, at least over 50 more pp and over 30 att than the ungrinded version. As I went out to try the grinded NW I soon realized that it now did as much dmg in both normal and specials as my 26 % NW. So in essence, a weapon thats grinded to at least 5 will have as much potential as a weapon that has 10 % more element energy, except now with more pp! Not sure if yall already knew that, but I just learned that today =3

yep. i tested this with a neutral weapon at +10 and it came out to be some where between the output of 20-25%. There are a few benefits to a neutral weapon like that as:
    - you don't need return to your room to change gear
    - additional PP
    - and applying the right photon art to the situation istead of being limited to the elemental weapons ou brought with you

but it's not like people are going to give up elemental because the % gets a boost from your character's own atp. more more practically the information comes out to:
    - a high % weapon can match a high ATP weapon (and vise versa)
    - and 10%'s aren't bad, you can grind them for the same output with more PP of a higher % weapon.

So it's pretty much exactly as you say; nice test nomad.

Yeah, high-grind melee weapons of pretty much any element % are powerful. I love my 6*+10 yohmei knuckle... 390PP is insane for a weapon of that type, my 8* and 9* knuckles have like 300. Compared even to a decent mid-element model, the PP is a much bigger asset. I don't lose THAT much damage and can fire off a lot more crowd-control PA's.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

spanks yall, now with this info I learned I think im gonna make more A+ grinders. I have no reason NOT to grind my 26 % NW now. If I can get it to +5 then it'll have as much pp as my 16 % +5 but with 10 % more total dmg, and then I can try to synth my 16 % to 10 and vice versa! I think I'll be keeping those low % elemental weapons I make, who knew grinding weapons lower than 30 % elem bonus could be much cheaper and rewarding than constantly synthing weapons in hopes of getting a high % one

tell me you've just got piles of weapons around waiting for a massive Grind Day?

On 2007-09-06 08:46, panzer_unit wrote:
    tell me you've just got piles of weapons around waiting for a massive Grind Day?
    Umm, not sure, but i got three ice NWs that I can grind now, maybe some others, and I just noticed its 3 * luck day for male CASTs =3

Yeah, I've gotta see what I can do with my two +8 ank pikors. The great thing is they're not slacking on element % either. Probably I'll hit the grind desk with an A+10 and the 24% will pop like a lightbulb leaving me where I am right now with one less weapon worth selling.

It's worth the risk though. I'd bleed to see one of those go all the way.

Haha go for it, if you're willing to pay the fee hombre >

:/ my 28%+8 axe popped on the first try, not the 24%
    ... on the other hand I had the balls to shoot for +10 on the 24%+9 and it worked! woot.