Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Volfu, easy to kill and good exp. how do we kill them quickest? (fortegunner) Many would say the ground shotgun.

However, in a group of 5 Volfu, you can be sure 1-2 of them are going to hit you while your reloading.

Mechguns put out damage that can be compared roughly (roughly!) to the shotgun. The biggest advantage is, if you are skilled at strafing, you will output damage on volfu from the spawn to the final death without stopping.

This is the first post where i've giving an actual opinion rather than just asking a question, and i am prepared (this time) to be yelled at by naysayers. However, if anyone else is using the mechgun to destroy Volfus ON THE MOVE please reply

hmmm, sounds intriguing >.>

unfortunately I do not wish to invest in a ground mechgun, so I cannot try this for myself, it doesn't sound unreasonable though, so I'll take your word for it

I gets joo! joo can't use joo powaaaz!

Twin pistols, ground.
    Ownage oh and if your
    good, wont even have
    to worry about getting
    hit at all since you can
    strafe with twins, once
    PA is 21+ with DM you
    can do (or I lvl 60)
    will do 300 a shot
    w/buffs!

Another thread of fortegunners pretending to be guntechers.

On 2007-09-10 22:18, Kion wrote:
    Of course, because the only worthwhile weapons a type can wield are just the S-rank ones, regardless of whatever bonuses or stats that specific type grants. There's no such thing as diverse and effective ways to fight.

</sarcasm>

Anyway, you can count on me to be an avid supporter of this tactic ... but then I'm a huge fan of SMGs anyway.

a group of fortegunners spaming mechs is a great party to be in. quick runs. but bosses need rifles

On 2007-09-10 23:23, F-Gattaca wrote:
    On 2007-09-10 22:18, Kion wrote:
    Of course, because the only worthwhile weapons a type can wield are just the S-rank ones, regardless of whatever bonuses or stats that specific type grants. There's no such thing as diverse and effective ways to fight.

</sarcasm>
    Sarcasm noted and I agree, because A ranks still contribute alot to the class. Fortegunners definately out damage GT's and use less PP per shot which is a huge bonus. I was more referring that mobile gunner is a guntecher trait.

But generally the reason people select a class is because of S ranks. S ranks are the weapons you find worth hunting, and the ones you want to use most. I'm guess there will be alot more guntechers come AoI . Mostly tho, I find every dual weilding, mechgun toating FG a pity, because they don't realize how good their S rank selection is.

shotguns have been replaced with crossbows.

grenades? support? fuck that! *pulls out dualies*

lasers, nobody even gives this weapon a chance. nobody seems to realize that the gun has massive ATP combined with FG's ATP times 116% for the bullet equals alot of damage. Hit three enemies and you're easily doing over 1.5k of damage. You may have a FG in your party with half leveled ice prism as the PA space has been used for mechguns.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

I think it depends on how good your ability to double-shot enemies is...

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Well, if you assume a shotgun's damage per bullet is about equal to a machinegun, the machinegun has an advantage since it gets 6 shots for every burst of 5 from the shotgun and those and the machinegun is more accurate. Of course, if you're getting more than 6 hits each burst and don't get hit or need to move, the shotgun has a clear advantage.

So it really depends on those factors. Personally, I use a mech in that situation.

shotguns have been replaced with crossbows.

grenades? support? fuck that! *pulls out dualies*
    Crossbows are generally more widely used because they have roughly the same (3 instead of 5) spread fire, are very mobile, fire faster, and inflict SE3. I like em both, personally, but have 3 Shottie PAs compared to my single XBow PA.

I LOVE Grenades, don't get me wrong, but they're only super useful against large enemies (and the first block of Labs, due to the horde of Volfu that spawn quite nicely near a corner); if I pull out a launcher on small enemies, people get pissed because of the knockback. I use twinnies when I want to do rifle damage, but need to be mobile.
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag