Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know many a way to lvl in groups (just spam S missions), but any tips on lvling solo? I'm a lvl 49 female human, and I just changed to PT. =x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2007-09-11 15:41 ]</font>

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Well, you better get PT up before anything. PT can be murder on your HP and ATP at lower levels.

On 2007-09-11 15:39, chuck_norris wrote:
    Well, you better get PT up before anything. PT can be murder on your HP and ATP at lower levels.
    Well I already know that much. XD I'm talking about what I should do once PT is maxed.

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

On 2007-09-11 15:43, Kismet wrote:
    On 2007-09-11 15:39, chuck_norris wrote:
    Well I already know that much. XD I'm talking about what I should do once PT is maxed.
    Practise balencing ur range with ur close quater combat. Find the fighting style that suites you and keeps u safe. A well Protranser that knows what there doing is a good one reguardles of race or lvl.

I'm still in the low levels of PT on my alt as well, but i'll pass on Panzer_unit's advice: stick to ranged weapons. PT gets great boosts to ATA before it gets any decent ATP. Stick to being a gunner and out of harms way. That will give you time to level bullets and slowly move towards using more melee in higher class levels.

Once your class level maxes? Protranser can go pretty much anywhere. No problems with flyers, no problems with dangerous melee opponents, no problems with dangerous ranged opponents, no problems with large monsters.

Actually, missions with a good mix of all the above are best for PT since you're not going to lean on any of your weapons or supplies too heavily... most of Mot and Neu are like that IMO. You'll want some good levels on fire and dark bullets (bow, sometimes handgun's better) in order to support yourself for DOT's and clear the mission at a good pace.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

i amm lvling my fave skillz and bullets to 30

Get a nice balance between your weapons. Bows will always and forever be invaluable to you for the SE's, Shotties for damage and SE's, you're weapon skills to keep things at bay.

Other advice i have is to learn the best situation to use specific traps, why waste a G trap on a single Jarba or another large mob when you can easily drop one or two regular traps to pull a very similar effect for half the cost.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Slightly OT but a tip all the same I guess - I'm just in the early stages of levelling a Protranser (still lv9 Ranger (1) ) but was just wondering about traps - will a G trap affect more than one enemy? As in, does it have a 'blast radius' like a 'Ra-' tech or is it strictly one enemy only?

And while we're on the subject, what about regular traps?

OP: Level 49? Give Holy Grounds S a shot. At that level you might want to bring an NPC along, though.

IsoDonk: Yes, G-traps affect a radius. Not sure about regular traps.