My RAmar, Maximus has the sector ID Viridia. Just felt like posting a few random thoughts about sector IDs, how VIRIDIA's been to me, etc.
    Anyways, after logging about 130 hrs, the only truly rare item that I have found was a Supressed Gun which is now +40 . Surprisingly enough I found it in Mines on Hard. Since then the coolest thing I have found has been a Hell Laser +3. Like most of you, I seem to find Varistas, DB sabers, and laconium clubs by the truckload. As a viridia I am constanly finding force weapons, probably at a 3 out of 5 ratio. Its rare that I find items for slotted armor, usually have to trade or buy. I have never found a Double Saber, and in general dont find swords much.
    Certain items it seems vary by ID, for example Mech Guns, I seem to find only VISE, a friend who is a REDRIA finds Justice's and another guy I know only finds Combats'. They all basically have the same stats, with the sp. attack being different. Are there other items like this, i.e the variations of Double Sabers?

My theory about how the ID thing works is this: In the dungeons, as most of us know, the general item make-up is determined by who creates the game. While the tekker is ID specific, your level, hours, luck play a part in what the item prefixes will be. I.e take a ??? item ID it at the tekker but dont accept, give it to a friend with differen lvl, hrs, lck and see the differences. The item itself will not change because even if you equip it in the ??? form it will look like a Varista for example, but the starts it will have depend on your luck, hours, lvl.

The reason I tried this was because I figured that the reason I wasnt finding anything that great was because my luck was low. SO I went and traded a friend for 10 luck materials, now my luck is 42 and the only difference is the tekker is more generous with stats and attributes such Hell, Tempest, etc.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, just bored at work, 6 hrs til PSO! Take care all. Look for me in Puck, Umnbriel, or Ophelia the name is Maximus.

Rappy Hunter

Nice post.

PSO Assassin

I found my first real rare today. A fake Agito, so I'm pretty happy right now .

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Zephyr on 2001-02-27 22:02 ]</font>

He just wondering if anyone can verify what I said above, while Im not positive about it, this is what seems to be the case. Thanks!

Is this the same Powerslave that use to be on realmsmud???
    heh..

Nope, have no clue what realmsmud is.