Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you think that, now that Gamecube has online working, that they will release more online titles. List games that would be great online. WoW I am bored, and trying to create conversation, and this topic interests me. Because that would be sweet to be able to play some other RPGs online with friends.

What games do you think would be cool oonline, or are going to come out for Gamecube online.

Wielder of Divine Might

SSBM online...

*faints

rumor has it that Mario Kart will be online for the GC, but that contradicts nintendo's previous statement that they have no interes in online games because they are a "fad"

I thinkt he GC will only have around 5 online titles through its whole life. Also, EGM reported that alot of 3rd party games are being cancelled, why? Well,t hey dont sell.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

This sounds very childish, but I would like to see Pocket Monsters go online. @__@;

yeah I too think that Pokemon would be a great online title. For the last week or so I have been debating on weather I really wanted the cube, I only bought it for PSO. I am not sure if I want Cube or Box now. I think that the Box would be worth it, if only I had the money for both, I would then be happy.

Nintendo is doing the smart thing... they're waiting and watching their competitors (Sony and Microsoft) and seeing how well their online services do and what online games sell. I'm sure if Sony and Microsoft's online services do well, Nintendo will design an online service taking into account what worked and what flopped on PS2 and X-box.

PSO, I think, is also another way for Nintendo to test the waters, because it requires minimal investment on their part (just the BBA and Modem Adapters) and lets Sega take care of the rest. Given the fact that BBAs sold better than Nintendo expected, I'd wager that's a good sign for the future of GC online.

However, I wouldn't expect anymore online GC games until next holiday season at the earliest.

On 2002-12-30 12:57, oxxjuniorxxo wrote:
    Do you think that, now that Gamecube has online working, that they will release more online titles. List games that would be great online.
    Well, I hope Nintendo is actually working on online titles now. If they can get some good online titles, maybe it will make up for their slowness to get into online games. I think Mario Kart Online would be great. Especially with 8 players online. Though I still think there needs to be some way to communicate... If only there was a keyboard that worked with the GameCube... (heh)

Because that would be sweet to be able to play some other RPGs online with friends.
    Well, there are other online RPGs announced...just not for the GameCube. There's Final Fantasy XI for PS2, if it ever gets a US release (which it is supposed to, I hear, though it's been a long time coming). True Fantasy Live Online for Xbox; looks like it could be pretty cool. I know there are more... but I can't think of them right now...

On 2002-12-30 14:58, DirewolfX wrote:
    Nintendo is doing the smart thing... they're waiting and watching their competitors (Sony and Microsoft) and seeing how well their online services do and what online games sell.
    thats exactly why nintendo is goin to lose the console race, theyre sittin on their ass while Microsoft and Sony are out bustin their asses. Have you noticed How many Xbox commercials are on TV, how many events on tv have Xbox logos plasterd out everywhere?? ever since the N64 nintendo has been making some pretty bad decisions and was the start of their downfall

On 2002-12-30 20:35, Phobos-X wrote:
    ever since the N64 nintendo has been making some pretty bad decisions and was the start of their downfall
    i can agree with you on that.