Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Fortetechers still get the highest TP mod. It's like saying Fighgunner is better than Fortefighter because of its weapon variety, or that Guntecher is better than Fortegunner for the same reason. Forte-classes indeed lose out on variety, but they have the stats where it matters. Not to mention they also come with exclusive S-ranks, don't get me started on Acro-class weapon selection.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-10-02 06:42, Typheros wrote:
    don't get me started on Acro-class weapon selection.
    PLEASE do. I don't think anyone even THINKS about it >_>

got a beef w/ mah whip; yo?
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Fortetechers use rods, no need to say any more

Want damage in a party err get a fighter xD
    Want Support well AT is better support.. or GT has the same lvl as fT (with added traps and easy SE weapons) he he he

fT will be just good for blinding ppl and overloading graphics cards with lvl 31+techs lolz
    fG will be kinda useless as well compared to fgihgunner xD (a fighgunners zagenga > a fG's, fighgunner can trap as well, and can spam just attack with lvl 40 skills instead of 20)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-10-02 07:49 ]</font>
    Random ragnus speed run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWVpqMnI24
    Grove of Fanatics S2 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDJ37FMA6k

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I don't see the problem, to be honest. I mean, FOmars had the strongest shifta/deband in PSO, but we didn't go "FUCK, WE GOT A FONEWEARL IN THE PARTY I WANTED A FOMAR". Acrotecher or Fortetecher, you still can buff the party and it's great because any support techs are better than no techs. The game has been made much easier anyways.

Just relax and play!

On 2007-10-02 07:36, Indica wrote:
    Fortetechers use rods, no need to say any more
    Except that wands have already been proven to do more damage over time than rods when using Basic, Ra, and Gi TECHNICs.

The only thing a rod has over a wand are Dam (requires the already fragile techer to be in melee range), Nos, Megiverse, and Regrant TECHNICS.

Wands are better for dealing damage with 14 of the 23 attack TECHNICs. And better for casting ALL of the available support TECHNICs since aside from resta, they all ignore TP.

And Parn, IIRC FOmars didn't have better support, just a wider range. If a wider range was all level 40 buffs/debuffs had over level 30 support, there wouldn't be a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-10-02 08:01 ]</font>

On 2007-10-02 07:49, Parn wrote:
    I don't see the problem, to be honest. I mean, FOmars had the strongest shifta/deband in PSO, but we didn't go "FUCK, WE GOT A FONEWEARL IN THE PARTY I WANTED A FOMAR". Acrotecher or Fortetecher, you still can buff the party and it's great because any support techs are better than no techs. The game has been made much easier anyways.

Just relax and play!
    Er, shifta was the same for all classes, it just depended on Tech Level. The only difference among the classes was RANGE, which was boosted for a few classes.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Some lv31 techs have SE boosts. Also, you're failing to account that while the techs themselves have the crummiest powerboost on paper (31-40 in total is 10%), in reality its a lot higher than that, since you are also getting a better range on those techs. (You need to account for the 200 TP difference between both classes as well)

More to the point, this is basically a retelling of Fortefighter vs. Fighgunner. It's all about playstyle; not necessarily "omg FT is no longer the strongest teching class overall, must switch to AT" (I really pity anyone whose thought process is exactly that). AT in a sense represents support best. You help everyone with support techs, yet maintaining offensive ability enough to spread damage around. enough to kill, but not enough to output supreme levels of damage.

Both classes have different functions in mind, and IMO, the field will level out even further when the PA caps get upped to 50 (not saying this will happen soon, but it will most likely happen, all the attack data and color data is there, why not use it?)

fortetechers STILL have highest TP
    fortetechers got a free 25% off technics (trust me; that DOES make a huge difference)
    fortetecher's resta will still probably heal more; just not as wide.
    Fortetecher w/ a wand/Madoog will be deadly.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02