Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Welcome to old school fun. PS I-III are hard games (especially 2).

PSIV is the easiest of the four. It is also my favorite.

The advice for the games is:

PSI: learn how to make maps

PSII: level up...a lot.

PSIII: Haven't really gotten that far in this game...the one I played the least

PSIV: Star and Sol dew will save your ass in the final battles.

Well, call me a major WUSS 'cause Metroid Fusion has me PISSED! Whoever designed that Spider Boss in the Auxiliary Reactor and the SA-X clone right after it was EVIL.

Wait, anyone can edit these?

On 2003-01-03 03:48, dude3282 wrote:
    Well, call me a major WUSS 'cause Metroid Fusion has me PISSED! Whoever designed that Spider Boss in the Auxiliary Reactor and the SA-X clone right after it was EVIL.
    Ehh, they we're easy.
    Now Ridley, he's tough.

ps-collection oh i so love it - golden sun was kinda disappointing (just unequipp all the little pokemon-like thingies and summit big monsters for no tp)

back to ps-c - i try my luck at ps2 atm and the leveling at first is fun - also going through the dungeons (i'm at the first one) without any map-support is good training for the brain.
    today's games are really way to easy or simply mean. but ps-c is hard but fair imho.

edit: ascii? hm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-01-06 11:22 ]</font>

For the release of Phantasy Star 2, it came with a 210 ( i think) page hint book for it. And OH is it needed. Ya I actually had the original cart when it was released... goddamn i'm old >_<

On 2007-02-25 21:29, Omega_Weltall wrote:
    For the release of Phantasy Star 2, it came with a 210 ( i think) page hint book for it. And OH is it needed. Ya I actually had the original cart when it was released... goddamn i'm old >_<
    I still have my Phantasy Star II hint guide. I started using it a lot as soon as I hit the dams on my first run-through.

oh man dont get me started on the dams >_<

On 2007-02-26 08:13, Omega_Weltall wrote:
    oh man dont get me started on the dams >_<
    Go ahead and make a new topic about them. They're a great topic for conversation. Relive your agony in trying to get through them!

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Yes, you will need maps for PSI, especially Lassic's Tower. You NEED to map out exactly how many steps you have to take until Myau has to cast TRAP.

It did take me a long time to figure out the Garbage Dump in PSII. That was pretty sneaky of them!

Oh come on...
    Back then it was pretty normal to map things out. The younger players just aren't used to it, but it doesn't make the game any harder. Try some of the dungeon crawlers from the C64, now those were badass...
    PS2 had some really tricky maps, I kind of understand why the game came with a hint book. The later jp reprints of the game had the US hintbook included, btw. Surprised the hell out of me.

PS2 was clearly the harder one. It was longer, more complex, more chars, and ennemies could actually mop the floor with you - quite like the ennemies in the last part of PS3. Plus power leveling was very tedious.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr