My HL expired on the first of January. This was made certain to me when I attempted to log on to PSO this morning and got the "check certificate" message.

I thought okay, no problem. I went to the website to renew my Hunter's License. I followed the directions to "edit account" and then "transaction history." However, when I clicked on my December account, I saw no option to renew. I eventually searched all over my account information, but no reactivation option became evident.

I want to know why this is happening. I have a few theories but I figured some people here at PSOW would know what I am talking about...

1. Did I need to renew my Hunter's License BEFORE it expired in order to get the renewal option? And if so, do I now have to create a new account to get online again?

2. Is it not letting me reactivate my account because I haven't received my billing information from the mail yet? I've been at my parents' house here in Arizona for the past two weeks and won't get any bills until I return to campus in NY tomorrow.

3. Am I just a complete ditz for missing something on the webpage that would let me renew my HL?

Thanks for your help.

-Oph

Happened to a friend of mine who's Hunter's License that didn't renew and remained "inactive". Here's a quick fix which worked for her:

Deactivate your account, not Hunter's License, then simply reactivate it. Tada, it works! ;p

There is no harm in doing this and you'll be able to go on instantly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2003-01-02 11:14 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Deactivate?

You mean like call Sega and tell them to reset my serial number or something?

No.

Go to http://www.sega.com/pso_gcn and click "Edit Account".

From there, login and click your Serial # and Access key.

You will be taken to a screen which looks like this:

Click on the big shiny "Cancel Account".

After you cancel it, simply reactivate and establish it. Once you do that, your account will be activated and your HL renewed.

Thanks for your help, wata. =D

By the way, would you happen to have the Hunter's License web address on you, so I can just do this from my PC instead of lugging out the wires for my Gamecube?

I just said it in my previous post. -_-;

http://www.sega.com/pso_gcn

If you're having difficulty in getting the pop-up window to, well, pop up when you enter the site... Use this link instead:

http://www.sega.com/community/profil..._pc_main.jhtml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2003-01-02 11:44 ]</font>

As you can see, I'm about as sharp as they come...

On 2003-01-02 11:44, Ophelia wrote:
    As you can see, I'm about as sharp as they come...
    It's okay, we still love you.

I wouldn't do that just yet, sega try for 3 days in a row to bill your card, i've heard of people canceling and reactivating and ending up getting double charged.

From sega's HL page faq:

I went online to play PSO and I got a message that I must renew my Hunter's License. What do I do?

After your free month is over, the credit card you used to register to play online will automatically be charged $8.95 every month to renew your Hunter's License subscription. If your card is not accepted immediately upon your renewal date, our billing system will attempt to process your card two more times (two days in a row). After this time, if your card is still not accepted for processing, your subscription will not be renewed until you reactivate your account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-01-02 15:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-01-02 15:40 ]</font>