Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The cutest piece of jail bait on PSU creativehope's Avatar

I see
    So It wouldnt do me any good to have 1 healing rod 2 healing wands a buff rod, debuff rod and one attack rod for a given situation. and I also switch off between rods and bows of the same elemnt, minus an electricity bow

and this whole time I thought I had a good setup too, I learnred something new today

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

On 2007-10-30 10:07, Kamiense wrote:
    Then why not when trying to explain to someone what a good fortetecher is, don't mention only rods! It's simple logic if you think about it. Plus, if a course is full of tech resistant things are in the course, wouldn't you try and help people by saying there are options?
    She wanted opinions for her main palette. I gave her my main palette. If you want my FULL carrying of equipment:

Granarodoc +5 (all four buffs)
    Granarodoc +5 (all three debuffs and Giresta)
    Halarod (Damubarta/Resta/Giresta/Reverser)
    Halarod (Gizonde/Resta/Nosuzonde/Reverser)
    Halarod (Megiverse/Resta/Gifoie/Reverser)
    Halarod (Gidiga/Resta/Diga/Reverser)
    Hanmateric +3 (Varies)
    Mira-kikami (Ice Card)
    Magical Wand (Foie/Resta)

There, better?

Edit: The course is full of TECH-resistant mobs. Not STATUS-resistant mobs. Gi- techs do that quite handily at 21+, and debuffs stick regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-10-30 10:12 ]</font>

On 2007-10-30 10:07, creativehope wrote:
    I see
    So It wouldnt do me any good to have 1 healing rod 2 healing wands a buff rod, debuff rod and one attack rod for a given situation. and I also switch off between rods and bows of the same elemnt, minus an electricity bow

and this whole time I thought I had a good setup too, I learnred something new today
    Hey, if you think you had a good setup and it worked, go for it! This game should be about fun and stress relieving anyway, not about who's the most efficient out there. If people have partied with you and no one's complained, keep it. You could try to improve it, but don't go with what people say here as law. I know you weren't but that goes for anyone reading this message.
    Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 [Retired: Might play PSP]

Kiron - Lv. 128 Newman [fT: 19 | aT: 2 | wT: 1]
    Will put a link to my sketch book after surgery.

if your rods are all identical models, can't you switch immediately? I remember that being true for wands... I had mine set up on pure elements and don't remember any lag getting to resta.

Personally, I prefer a techer who's quick on the debuffs... at very least the yellow one (then red, then blue, in order of importance to me) I can heal myself no problem though saving money is nice, but debuffs are a different story. I've got to waste a full palette slot and switch on and off of a different weapon class to do mine, and it's only SE2 at best.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

There's nothing wrong with your setup, especially if you're become accustomed to switching to your Resta slot in a flash. The main benefit of placing Resta/Reverser on every wand/rod is saving time on the switch. If you don't forsee anyone dying in the time it takes you to perform the swap, then a pure setup is ideal, assuming you're attacking with opposite elements (e.g, no point to a pure ice rod in Hive).

As a wartecher, I don't get a choice about slot changing; if I'm using a melee weapon and want to heal, I have to switch, no compromises. I've never had anyone die in the time it took me to change slots. Now, in the time it took Resta to load on a bad day is a different story, but if you're on the PC, that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm on PC and I still even have hiccups when it comes to weapon switching - primarily against bosses. It's not a matter of my PC being bad, either. Many times I've tried to switch to my buff rod to rebuff someone that died and it takes a second to load up the buff spells.

We are soldiers, stand or die Jarek's Avatar

On 2007-10-30 10:13, panzer_unit wrote:
    if your rods are all identical models, can't you switch immediately? I remember that being true for wands... I had mine set up on pure elements and don't remember any lag getting to resta.
    Yes, that's usually the case.

If we wanna talk setups, then mine is usually:
    rod-buff
    wand-debuff or Bow-on bosses
    rod-mixed attack techs, maybe resta
    rod or card+wand-elemental
    rod-resta/reverser/regrant/giresta
    rod or card+wand-elemental

I've used that setup for a long time and it feels 'natural' to me..if I try to mix things up then I get all out of whack. No one's ever complained to me, although if they had I would likely just blow it off.
    My main advice is don't let people scare you into thinking you are only good as support. Debuffs barely make a difference, so don't feel the need to use all 3 on every single spawn.

All I have is about 4-5 wands, for the common elements like fire/ground/light (resta etc)

Then switch between those.

This may also seem lazy but all I do is buff, heal and throw random flashy spells about o.o

No-one really dies, everyones got Hp, everyones got buffs, it all seems to work fine :/
    Tekki || F Newman Lv102|| fT 10
    Tekershee || F Cast Lv298|| fF 10 fG 10 GT 10 aF 10

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Tekershee

The cutest piece of jail bait on PSU creativehope's Avatar

okay well so far it seems that all i need is buffs, debuffs and resta to start with and t ensure that the party stays alive. easy enough almost. I also thought that the 12% increase in techs would help with the support damage a little bit because the fortefighters and fighgunners need all the frontline help they can get or so I would like to think

On 2007-10-30 10:29, Tekershee wrote:
    This may also seem lazy but all I do is buff, heal and throw random flashy spells about o.o
    Add on debuffing and that's all I did for about 30 levels in PSO:BB since I was so bitter with Foneys being so useless.