Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The current ps2 im using isnt mine and i'd like get a new ps2 probably soon. I was thinking i might as well get a ps3. Is there any difference playing psu using the ps2 vs ps3?

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Not really...

As long as you get the 60gb one, or the 80gb one.

If you buy the 40gb PS3, you can't play PSU, because it isn't backwards compatable.

The only difference that I know of, is that you can use the internet wireless with the PS3, and that can be helpful, if you live in a large house, with a wireless router, and you don't have run a long cord all the way across the house.

And, if you get the PS3, you'll be able to play great PS3 games, like Warhawk, Eye of Judgment, Heavenly Sword, and Ratchet And Clank Future.

But, that's all I can think of...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-17 18:18 ]</font>

Bunnies :3 <3
    Im in your room... Eating your cookies! n.n

Ps3 has a better graphics card so the graphics on any ps2 game will look better bc of card

On 2007-11-17 18:29, JenJen902 wrote:
    Ps3 has a better graphics card so the graphics on any ps2 game will look better bc of card
    That's not necessarily the case, the game may run slightly better, but I haven't heard a case where the graphics were enhanced due to playing it on a PS3.

On 2007-11-17 18:29, JenJen902 wrote:
    Well, I know its capable of upscaling the games to 1080p... (on the 80gb) but, i'm not sure if that makes it look better...

Tasty!
    In your computer case, devouring your RAM.

No, it won't be by much of a margin. I used to play PSU on my PS3 and it looked the same, and I experienced MORE slowdown in some places than I did on my PS2. I had less tech loading time too, but those are the only glaring differences that I could note.

Buy a 60GB PS3 if you choose to play PSU on it anyways. The hard drive is non-proprietary and you get HARDWARE backwards-compatibility unlike the 80GB model, which uses software.

On 2007-11-17 18:38, AllspiceAika wrote:
    No, it won't be by much of a margin. I used to play PSU on my PS3 and it looked the same, and I experienced MORE slowdown in some places than I did on my PS2. I had less tech loading time too, but those are the only glaring differences that I could note.

Buy a 60GB PS3 if you choose to play PSU on it anyways. The hard drive is non-proprietary and you get HARDWARE backwards-compatibility unlike the 80GB model, which uses software.
    I agree, 60gb is the way to go.

But, people in certain states and countries have problems finding the 60gb, so if you can't then 80gb is the second best choice.

The upscaling on PS3 is pretty negligable, you'll barely notice really. but youll never run out of memory card space but youll have to buy a transfer unit to transfer saves
    Im really not that dangerous...

On 2007-11-17 18:47, Apone wrote:
    The upscaling on PS3 is pretty negligable, you'll barely notice really. and youll never run out of memory card space but youll have to buy a transfer unit to transfer saves
    But, if you're just starting out, like say you're buying PSU:AOI and a PS3, this is not that big of a deal.

Either way, the transfer cable is only 15 bucks, so if you have lots of PSONE and PS2 memory cards, with saves that you want to transfer, it's a good buy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-17 18:57 ]</font>

Yes it is a good buy especially when youre uning your PS3 for all the playing plus you never know when disaster might strike (happened to me)
    Im really not that dangerous...