I started playing AotI today online and have seen some people running around with mags. So I'm now wondering, are there any type of mags that casts can use? Or are they only for spells casters? >.<

TECH-Mags, or Madoogs, or TSCMs are Techer only.
    R-Mags, or Shadoogs, or RSCMs can be used by most other classes.
    They are both a kind of Left handed weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-11-24 22:23 ]</font>

CASTs can't cast TECHNICs?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I'm assuming you mean cast fortegunners? Cause I mean, you could be a cast Guntecher... or even a fortetecher/acrotecher .
    Cast Fortegunners/Fighgunners can use "Shadoogs", R-Mags, or as ST calls them on boards, RSCM.

There are two types of "Mags" in PSU. As it was stated they are both left-hand weapons and can be paired with any right-handed weapon. Both use your character's TP statistic to calculate damage, but in very different ways.

Shadoogs work like automatic turrets, essentially, and automatically fire at nearby targets you're facing. Basic shadoogs (C and B) are usable by all basic types (Hunter, Ranger, Force). Advanced shadoogs (A and higher) are usable by most Ranger-type characters. They're generally weak, but have a high status effect success rate.

Madoogs are more or less left-handed wands. You attach TECHNICs to them like you would any casting weapon. As such, these are only usable by Force and its derivative advanced types (Wartecher, Fortetecher, Acrotecher, et al.).

You can see what types can use them yourself by looking in the menu. Select Player Information, then Types, and scrolling down the list. There are separate icons for Shadoogs and Madoogs which are identical, except one has a bullet icon in the upper right while the other has a star.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Only techer classes can use them, yes.

They are NOT the mags from PSO, which is exactly why Sonic Team renamed them "Madoog" and "Shadoog" to avoid confusion.

Madoogs are for techers, Shadoogs are for melee/gunner classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-25 05:30 ]</font>

Note that wartechers are able to use both RSCMs and TSCMs up to rank A
    Technic Linking for Wartechers

Advanced Combat tricks made by Wartechers to spice up technics and melee alike!

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

On 2007-11-25 05:29, RemiusTA wrote:
    Only techer classes can use them, yes.

They are NOT the mags from PSO, which is exactly why Sonic Team renamed them "Madoog" and "Shadoog" to avoid confusion.

Madoogs are for techers, Shadoogs are for melee/gunner classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-25 05:30 ]</font>
    I always think it's funny when the post that gives the most attitude is the most wrong...

Read other posts before you post...

One type is for techers, one is for others.

Sonic Team never actually named them madoog or shadoog, that was what ppl here have been calling them based off the japanese versions names (I believe that was madugu and shadugu or something? I'm not completely sure). In the US version they are called the L mag and Tech mag. Therefore, calling them mag is completely acceptable, considering I call my magical wand my wand, and my howrod my rod...

He never said they were the exact mags from pso, but to someone who has only seen them on other people, not had them themselves, they WOULD appear to be the same thing.

madugu and shadugu = Madoog and Shadoog O_o. Where is the discrepency?

On 2007-11-25 08:24, Raine_Loire wrote:
    Sonic Team never actually named them madoog or shadoog, that was what ppl here have been calling them based off the japanese versions names (I believe that was madugu and shadugu or something? I'm not completely sure). In the US version they are called the L mag and Tech mag. Therefore, calling them mag is completely acceptable, considering I call my magical wand my wand, and my howrod my rod...
    They're listed as Shadoog and Madoog on the official site.. They're listed as R-MAG and TECH-MAG on the weapon boards.. They're listed as RCSM and TCSM in the shop search feature.. They have THREE names each that Sega has used for them, all are acceptable uses.. It is just Shadoog and Madoog have been known much longer than the other two, so they've been the standard thus far.. why bother trying to change the standard or otherwise argue about it? Just call it whatever you want, yes even MAG's if you want, you got three names to choose from after all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-25 08:36 ]</font>