Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hahaha, wow. No PSO, but Syberia II made the list? Meh, I guess that's one more for the list but I'd rather they had added Still Life. I don't particularly care for Benoit Sokal adventure games, because it seems the storyline and puzzles always take a back-seat to his artwork. As if that's the reason anyone would buy his games in the first place. Such is the influence of the MYST-wannabe shitheads. Not to mention that they haven't done a thing to push the genre past the basic LucasArts/Sierra style of the early 1990's. Still Life also suffered from this, but at least it had a decent storyline. Oh well, at least this whittles down my incompatable game list by one. Now they just need to add ToeJam & Earl III and PSO and give me a way to transfer my old saves.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

...Why are people wanting PSO so much? :/

I could certainly see a remake of the game, or rather, new servers going up, with simultaneous PSOBB action going on...

But really, I've played way too much PSO, which was great, until the 80 bajillionth time I've played through the entire thing. They should just make a full-on sequel, that retains all of the gameplay aspects... And not half-ass it.

Also: I'm disappointed in this list. No Panzer Dragoon Orta fix, and no Gunvalkyrie? Boo.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

For me, personally, I'd like to play offline mode from time to time, just for nostalgia sake.

This would sadden me if I had a 360 or PSO-X. :<

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Seeing as how there is all of 9 people still playing PSO-X, I really don't see it happening...

How do you know I don't play it offline?

I've been waiting for "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness" to show up on there FOREVER.

So depressedd.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

On 2007-11-27 22:37, Kent wrote:

omg..

this is the pso-world!..LOL

If this was a different off topic gaming community site no one would care..

On 2007-11-28 15:01, Ryno wrote:
    On 2007-11-27 22:37, Kent wrote:

omg..

this is the pso-world!..LOL

If this was a different off topic gaming community site no one would care..
    No longer is there online play for non-BB versions of PSO.

The game's been, for the most part, unchanged in the seven years it's been available. Yeah, there are new enemy models, and some new areas, but basically no new AI or anything like that - almost the entire game could be played on reflex alone.

For those of us who have been around since the beginning, it's getting pretty old - while the interface and gameplay were really good for the time, they are due for an upgrade, as well as new enemies, enemy types, AI, new systems, etc.

Phantasy Star Universe, of course, has proven to not be the PSO2 people were hoping for, and is different from the previous Phantasy Star in almost every way.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

(off topic) actually there is online play for all versions, use the other servers we can't talk about. I must agree, PSU is a disapointment. Sure, AoI brought back some of PSO's items and monsters but the gameplay is completly different.

The B/C list really does suck. No good games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kizu on 2007-11-28 18:39 ]</font>