Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

First off, keep this topic cool. All I'm asking for is a brief answer to this question:

Why are gays still discriminated against? I simply don't see how RELIGION always ends up influencing everything.

I'm a straight male, but I've been friends with quite a few gay men and women over the past few years. Tonight, I was in a car with some friends who gave the excuse of 'Well, God didn't create Adam and Steve!!!1'. I was quite upset.

Please keep it cool in here. I don't want to have to hand out warnings for getting out of hand or locking this thread. Think of it as a DISCUSSION, as it is.

More than likely I would say they are using religion as an excuse to justify some form of homophobia. It's pretty rare I ever see a honest Christian, nearly everyone is a hypocrite around here. Maybe that's not the case for other peoples towns and schools, but that's how it is around here. As per those who truly don't like it because God says so, I could not post my thoughts on such people without probably going into a storm. So lets just say I strongly dislike such people and leave it at that.

Well, like I said, I'm going to keep my discussion as friendly as possible without attacking a group. This will be an interesting challenge.

Listen, I believe that you only live once. I'm not atheist, but I'm also not a solid Christian. I think that life, or rather, consciousness, is the greatest 'gift' we've ever received. It's amazing how people seem to think they'll live forever. You only live once, and personally, I think that living eternally in a 'physical heaven' forever is more scary than the end of all pain and suffering.

So, why not live life how YOU want? Who says that you as an individual has any right to decide what is right and wrong for others to do?

Freedom?

Deal with it.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

It's bold and straight forward, but it's true.. you'll just have to deal with it. It'll never end, and when it comes to religion, and homsexuality being dubbed as a sin, it'll get worse for some people.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I guess it's true. Man, I guess a big part of life is understanding that things are and never will be perfect.

It just annoys me how much my friends get discriminated against. I hope to see the day where everyone, regardless, has equal rights.

On 2007-11-30 23:00, Getintothegame wrote:
    Well, like I said, I'm going to keep my discussion as friendly as possible without attacking a group. This will be an interesting challenge.
    Yes, especially since you already attacked one group in your original post.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

On 2007-12-01 01:01, Getintothegame wrote:
    I guess it's true. Man, I guess a big part of life is understanding that things are and never will be perfect.

It just annoys me how much my friends get discriminated against. I hope to see the day where everyone, regardless, has equal rights.
    I know how you feel really. I may not have any gay friends(Im not gay myself) but I know exactly what you mean.

Stereotype and religion will dominate how people act towards you. If is not one, its the other, or even worst both. The real challenge is seeing past it

On 2007-12-01 03:51, drizzle wrote:
    Yes, especially since you already attacked one group in your original post.
    He did'nt attack any group, and the basis that religious(expecially mainstream) groups tend to be against it isn't an attack when it's true.

There are quite afew churches that are quite ok with homosexuality, but you better beleive they aren't the "fire and brimstone" kind either. It really comes down to how the locals adhere to and follow whats in the bible. People are picky and choosey, and thats why religion is always brought into the mix.

My brother had a friend, a really nice guy, would do anything for you, always laughing and joking and just generally nice. However he was always smoking marijuana and we'd hear of him making hash and so on with some of his other friends; we'd sort of just laugh it off, like "ah whatever, you better be careful", etc. But when it came to homosexuality, he was very stern. He did NOT agree that two guys should be together, when I asked him why, he said he was 'just raised like that, it's not supposed to be/disgusting/other cop-outs", and when I asked about lesbians he was, of course, all for it. When asked what made it different, he said "Because I'm a straight guy". I told him that doesn't matter, if one is a sin, so is the other, and whats the facination of two lesbians, just means he'd never get either of them.

His answer was merely a cop out, "Well I never said I wasn't a sinner". Yeah, good way to ignore the whole thing. Lesbians are fine, but anything that you don't like goes against how you were brought up. I'll be sure to mark you off my list of people who's opinions matter.

So, all in all; it comes down to how leanient people are. Some people will atleast be civil about it, but still not approve of it, and those people I like. They realise they don't have to push others to do what they feel is right, they can accept you for who you are and just say "Hey, if it's not right, it's on you, but for now we're ok". Then there are those who just want to pick a fight, whether it's based on deep religious beleifs, up-bringing, or their own hate-mongering.

Such is life, there are those who go with the flow and let others go about their business, and there are those who like to bother other people's lives because they have issues and can't just keep to themselves on issues that don't partain to them.

I personally see the gay bashing as nothing more than picking on someone who's eye color is different, because thats basically all it amounts to. The lives of gay and straight people are very much parallel except for a very small aspect, and thats basically all it comes down to.
    Look, he did it again.

THIS IS MY DICK.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My dick is my best friend; it is my life.
    I must master it as I must master my life.
    Without me, my dick is useless. Without my dick, I am useless.
    I must fire my dick true.
    I will shoot wherever I please and make love to whomever I please.
    Before God I swear this creed: my dick and myself are defenders of universal, undiscriminated love.
    We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until there is no war, but peace.
    Amen.

Here, send this to your friend and watch him shit himself in confusion. I expect the death threats in my mailbox by Tuesday.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."