Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I like to either soften them up or if the whip does not kill the gits from the outset finish it off with a tech.
    So which would serve best?

I use the Ra-techs...

Or a card.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

If one/two enemies didn't get caught by the whip, I'd use a single/line tech to pick em off.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

Gibarta + resta or Dambarta + resta (either way...keep resta on every madoog).
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Gi techs are nice if you're standing there surrounded using a whip
    and of course resta

THE JACKEL

I'm trying out Gifoi/GiDiga and they do nice stuff, Gidiga just hypes me though...

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I've been using debuffs.

I tend to use the Whip for multiple enemies, but I tend to like the more single-target techs for the backup. Ok, maybe not so much of a backup as the single-target techs hit single targets like an Anvil. If you're talking Acrotecher, that's still the case. They can hit like fTs used to. A good healing tech is also nice because of fast access to it without switching weapons on the pallette.

I tend to shy a bit away from Gitechs, and while they're good on the whole, they don't necessarily cover the exact weakness the Whip has. They sort of---overlap--in usefulness a bit. However, a single target tech of death is kind of what the whip can't do at all. Take notice of that when you face the odd big monster, or something like Mother Brain. (Who can often render just about anything-else an Acrotecher uses against her, rather piddly, except for their strong single-target techs of doom).

Debuffs are also a rather nice choice, particularly in a strong group. The better your group against the highest of difficulty missions, the better the debuffs work in your favor. However, the biggest use of debuffs is really to strip buffs away. Monster Buffs are strong, so anything that takes it all away is a godsend.

Twin handguns are ok on the Acrotecher, but they are (funny enough) your weaker asset. They have their place, but if there's a way to not use them, it's actually better. Part of it is the whip's great use in a group, but even better, the strength of Acrotecher attack techs. But most of all, the bullet level limitations of Acrotechers keep the Twin Handguns in a serious amount of check. Compared to the real gunner classes, your use of them is weak. But forget the cross-class comparision, the consideration is more about your relative power using melee and techs.

The biggest mistake an Acrotecher makes (and it's real easy to do so, as I find myself forgetting about the balance, ever so often) is to forget that they are also Attack tech monsters. They may get the powerful support spells, but people often treat them like they only have level 10 attack techs. It's also a surpise how a nice fireball or rock, from them, can tear up a monster. Even worse if they paired that wand with a Shadoog, firing guns which constantly tack on a nice bit of damage on top of them. Some of the Acro's best single-monster damage, in the game, is a result of that combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-31 08:05 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

They may get the powerful support spells, but people often treat them like they only have level 10 attack techs.
    now this is just my opinion, so take this with a grain on salt, but AT's *only* good damaging techs are single hit techs - diga and foie. For every other tech type the damage they do is better served by a melee weapon (dagger or saber), and JA.

you can thank the recent rod buff for that

I'd suggest just experimenting a little and figuring out what works best for you.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.