Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

On 2007-12-22 22:01, Lolitecher wrote:
    Boma Duranga offline has like a 250% damage modifier, and that's just at PA lv1. Truly a scary PA -- although for the love of all things holy though, I wish they could have just have given it a steady HP damage consumption rate per shot instead of leaving it as an unpredictable % of the total damage you inflict, it makes it so that overkilling the enemies damages even more, so you'd really only want to use it on enemies who could kill you faster than Boma Duranga can kill you or who have the damage resistance of a tank.
    I've been using Duranga online since I was able to switch out PA's. I think the damage starts off at 210% (which was the same as my level 30 Boma Banga) ... I'm only using a mid-level skill (265% ATP) with a Gur Bazgac on a Protranser and at maximum damage output I can fire ~8 shots per HP bar.

Duranga's best for Fortegunners (e.g. no really hot melee options) in situations where grenades or guns generally will do really poor damage... the high ATP% will give you decent damage output, and the fact that you're not going all-out pushes the self damage down to something manageable.

Then again, it might only take one shot of it to kill any given boss offline too with the right criteria in place like a Shifta Lv31+ and a Gur Hanab.
    Storing up ticks of Giresta may even prevent you from one-shotting yourself at the same time ;]

I've been working on Penetrating Hit (it needs to be a pretty high level before the ATA mod becomes competitive, starts at 37% :6 ) and really liking it. It can stop all the vanda in a group from firing techs while you close in to melee, rather than just the closest guy or waiting for a bunch of SE's to stick.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2008-01-02 07:13, panzer_unit wrote:
    Duranga's best for Fortegunners (e.g. no really hot melee options)...
    What?! I don't know about anyone else, but my level 20 Majarra brings down the house. Since 9*s are so cheap now, 50%s are actually reasonably priced.

Currently my pet peeve as a Fortegunner are the sword-and-shield Vandas in Awoken Serpent etc. They take half damage from guns, don't SE, and throw some heavy damage around. Without HEAVY crowd control skills, I'd use Boma Duranga rather than melee on those things.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I melee them =/

Use a silence or confuse trap if you're getting damaged too much.

I definitely use the confuse traps. (Remember, Silence traps don't work on most of the things that spew fire, toss tech stuff, etc. Just a small specific selection of spell casters) Of course, nowadays, there are more missions with those guys where they specifically arrange them spread out, so your traps are rendered near useless; or you end up spending all your traps in one encounter (which is the last thing you ever want to do with a limit of 5).

But then again, those arrangements are geared specifically to gimp the use of traps on them. You just have to accept that, you're playing in a non-trap friendly board.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

If you're a gunner that's up against a melee-resistance monster, simply...melee them. This basic stuff here. Gunner's have enough ATP to work with, using Bows or Duranga is a huge waste of time in cases like those. Slap a Confuse or DoT Trap and just go to work.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47