Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

@Hrith: You want to level up KS? I've been intentionally avoiding it.

It was Lv30, already, and hunting Aikasoki (Sacred Stream S) got it to 31, naturally =/

Now I want to take it to 40, because if I'm to pay 43 PP per bullet, I may as well have the best stats for it.

The ATA gain is huge, which makes it worth it.
    +5 PP per bullet is not that bad on a Mizurakihoh, and if I miss even only 8-10 less bullets by barrel, it should be worth it.

I still don't use up all charges soloing GoF S2, so it's not that hurtful ;s

I wish they lowered the PP cost, though, Megid got a huge reduction, and KS got an increase

The ATA increase on KS will be a big help for people still using large numbers of low-rank rifles (rather than a bunch of photon charges) for the skill.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

On 2007-12-21 03:29, Lolitecher wrote:
    I wonder if there's ever been a case of a time when a Ranger got too trigger happy with Barada Chamga and ended up as a bloody pulp while the rest just watches the feeding frenzy, ahahah. ^_-
    Ha ha aha! Well, yes, I'm sure there have been "heroes" who want to do things like that but I'm a Protranser, I can draw large crowds and the use any of my melee weapons to my advantage. It also helps even in solo to draw the attention away from NPCs so they can attack things without being disturbed (and I have limited heals for them through Star Atomizers).

Besides.... there's nothing quite like seeing about six or seven robots chasing after you while your party de-equips, sits down and just watches the carnage ensue all while taking bets who'll die first...

On-Topic: Killer shot costs 42PP to fire at Lv. 31+?! That's probably on a Fortegunner as well... Ouuuuuuuuuch.....Almost as bad as my Mayalee Prism.

43, and yes, Fortegunner.

Hmmm... just wondering, I'm not sure how well this is known or if it applies to Online as well. It seems that Twin Mayalee has a hidden effect (outside of lowering defense), the bullets each can hit two targets if in close enough proximity, just like shotgun bullets normally can. Although it has probably the worst accuracy and unimpressive attack power of any of the Twin bullet PAs (Offline at least), it seems to be surprisingly good at taking down multiple part large enemies, even versus Twin bullet PAs with higher specs. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Bullets draw so much agro on their own that Chamga is pointless.

It's a bit weird, but try running Electronic Brain with both Twin Mayalee and another Twin bullet PA (Outside of Twin Penetration) and shooting up the large enemies. Twin Mayalee will hit consistently 3-4 times instantly on impact, whereas the regular ones hit only the usual two times.

In my experience with Twin Handguns, hitting only twice should be normal... but Twin Mayalee seems to be the exception to the rule (Not counting Twin Penetration). Has the double hit per projectile been normal from your experience with other Twin bullets?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lolitecher on 2007-12-22 16:49 ]</font>

Not a problem, thank you for checking just in case ^_^ For me, I only use Twin Handguns so I've never tried the singular version of the Handgun PAs (I pretty much use a Madoog in the secondary slot for all occasions except Cards). I use Twin Penetration, Twin Mayalee and Twin Grav, the later which is extremely useful in Scarred Planet S (Well, Twin Penetration is the best overall, but I'm not motivated to use it since maxing it out). Needless to say of course, with offline AotI, Twin Handguns are definitely the way to go as a Ranger ^_-.

I've been trying to use Boma Duranga more often for boss battles, but it just keeps on scaring the hell out of me. Just curious, is Boma Duranga as remotely suicidal online as it is offline? When I say suicidal offline, I mean it does 1500+ damage to my own character at PA Lv1 just from hitting six mobs. I thought it'd get better as my character's HP goes up, but it seems the levels make the attack even more powerful, so it reflects back even more damage. Does anybody know if the reflected damage gets better or worst as you level it?

Boma Maga is great though, 100% accuracy and starts off with Lv2 freeze, but costs a mint and isn't even half as powerful as Boma Duranga (but more powerful than other Boma PAs).

Yeah, without Cati / Bullet PP Save, Twin Handguns need swapping as often as a pair of old socks. On my other character, a CAST who is the exact reverse of my current character in appearance (aka, the "anti-loli) has three sets of Twin Handguns and they usually all run out by missions end, as oppose to my main, who can S-Rank any mission with a single Guld & Milla and that unit. Probably best to give Boma Duranga a test run before committing to a purchase, and be sure to brace for the worst when you fire it into a crowded room the first time you use it. If you find that you're HP is still cushy after the shot, then I'd definitely recommend Duranga over Maga as your designated boss killer, as it's comparable to Anga Jabroga for Rangers (Except Jabroga eats start up time, where as Duranga eats your character's will to live) ^_^.