Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Guide: Alex's Note To New Posters

As I cannot post this in ToH's thread, I will post this as a new thread.

Somewhat inspired by ToH's Thread, and partly mad at the repetative posting of related questions, I decided to type up a few answers to things that I have seen frequently asked.

1.) No, you cannot play Ep. 1 and 2 online from the Wii. It is not compatable. You can, however, play offline on it.

2.) We really don't care if you think PSO is the best thing ever and/or that PSU is nothing compared to it. Threads like that serve no real purpose. And the only things they bring are flames, elitists, and overused dialogue.

3.) If you pipe on the Wii it WILL ruin your Wii, but it will take longer. What it does is it wears out the lens inside the Wii, just as it did on the Gamecube. A more effective way to find rare monsters is to do missions those monsters frequent. Then quit the mission before you finish it, should you not find the rare monster. Then redo the mission. However, do not be confused. NEITHER way will increase or decrease your chances of running into a rare monster. While piping is faster, it will ruin your console. And while the runs are safer, they are slower. So the choice is yours, but know what you are getting yourself into first.

4.) No, the official servers for Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, and Blue Burst have been shut down. And no, Sega will NOT be bringing back the official PSOGC servers. If you are seeking to play PSO online, you will have to do so via unofficial servers.

5.) Parasitic Gene: Flow and Red Ring are NOT available on GC/Xbox. You will not find them unless they are hacked or if you go to someplace where their droprates have been changed (ie. private servers). End of story.

6.) Be patient. People will post to your threads. You do not need to post multiple times to keep your thread at the top so people will read it and reply. Give it time. The PSO community is smaller nowadays, but we are still here.

7.) Luck has no influence on your chances of finding a rare monster or Special Weapon. Luck increases your chance for a critical hit.

8.) No, Gallon's Shop, an online Episode 2 quest, is NOT on PSO+. Nor is it a downloadable quest. It was online-only, so the only way to play it is to be online.

9.) You do not lose anything between regular PSO and PSO+. You can freely swap disks with no loss of anything. PSO->PSO+ = no loss. PSO+->PSO = no loss except you can't access the Episode 2 quests until you switch back to the PSO+ disk: items and character remain the same, even items obtained from the episode 2 quests.

Well, I have finished my venting for now. I merely wanted to get some things out there that have been randomly scattered throughout various threads. If some of these were covered in ToH's thread, my apologies.
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Aug 24, 2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Updated #4 to recent PSOW rule changes

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I second the motion.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

This most likely won't end the stupid threads but it needed saying. Good job Alex. I agree completely.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Thank you all

Hunters Guild Group

Unfortunately, people never read the right threads.

One can hope.

Hunters Guild Group

Considering only 5 or 6 topics even get posted in, per day, on this board, I really don't think you need to worry about it.

Its not like this is the kind of board where you get 10 pages of topics in an hour and half of the topics are variants on the same thing.

This is a quiet little board now. I'm sure the mods can handle what little activity it gets just fine.

That said, I think your points are just fine.

Totally agree Alex, good post.

Again, thank you all

Hunters Guild Group