My quesition is at high levels do hunters acually need alot of levels in power on there mag due to them already having the highest base attack in the game not to metition great weapons.

I noticed that when I was playing my RAcast (got him to level 90 before I got BSOD'ed and lost all my good stuff and deleted him) That my mag with him, level 200 with a 135 levels of power wasn't acually adding mush to his attack power do to him already have a high attack power and weapons that added even more attack power.

THat's why you work on mind and defense and dex so you can have better defense more spells and equip better weapons.

THat's what I do.. just a thought.

I developed a mag with primary power to help give me the stronger weapons quickly...
    Def:25
    Pow:165
    Dex:5
    Mind:0
    Now that it's 200 I'm developing a Mag I can keep since I'm high enough to equip most the strong weapons on my own... plus, Having 165 power, my ATP is maxed out and I'm only lvl 72... I still have alot more levels for ATP to raise... I didn't think my STP would cap this soon

Veteran Fighter

Well... I've got a HUcast right now, and from what I've learned form the few mags I've raised:

Raise two mags simultaneously. It's a drain on your pocketbook, but worth it.

The first will be your best friend for your first 60 levels or so. I have my Kama (despite the fact that it looks like... yeah.) with it's 120 levels of whoop ass, about 30 of dex and a few more of mind, with the rest in defense.

It's been a huge boon up until now, helping me to hit harder, and more accurately, as well as allowing me to use every weapon available to a Hunter. But a couple days ago, a couple of my stats my maxed out.

The power is closing on useless as I get ever closer to max... the dex is pontless because I'm already so close. That defense rating is being slowly weeded out as I approach level 100, but the Mind that I always ignored because I was a droid is seeming more and more important to me.

I've started raising a Soma recently, he doesn't look too pretty, but he does the one thing my Kama won't. Makes me invincible, and for rather long peroiods of time, due to his high mind rating.

Eventually I'll toss my Kama to a newbie who will hopefully appreciate him as much as I did those first few levels. But even after I hit 100 and those stat bonuses mean nothing to me, that ugly, tadpole-looking litttle Soma will have my back.

Something to keep in mind is that aside from base stats, your ATP and similar stats have no limit from mags ect. You can do a test.

When you think you are at your cap w/o the mag. Take some swings and record your damadge. Now equip that mag and test your damadge. You should see a large jump.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Veteran Fighter

Are ya sure?

Cuz my ATA is 150 naturally. Whether I attack with or without my mag, I hit/miss the same ammount of times... ATP isn't quite maxed yet so I can't really test that accurately.

I'm not saying you're wrong, Just saying I haven't noticed a difference.

I have my ATP maxed with no mag.. and it maxes at 710.. Now from what i can tell my ATP dont go up anymore then that with a MAG on, or GOD/Power on. Nothing changes =(

Nods, mags & units can't raise stats over the maximum level. Only weapons can do that, as well as shields and armor (this makes that hunter shield more useful that one would think).

Pax. =)

Also so everyone knows, you Can See when your at CAP. The Numbers will be A bright Yellow when you have reached the max for any 1 stat.

sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I'm 72 and ATP is capped already... it becomes capped when I use my mag... (kind of a pain when I have to unequip the mag to use Power or hit Material, then equip the mag again)...
    Ambrei, I'm still trying to found out what you mean, my ATP is capped at... uhm... 738 I think... doing damage with no armor cells I do ~218 damage with my Dragon slayer... when I equip an Ogre/Power++ I'm still only doing ~218- maybe it's just the weapon I use