Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Please allow me to elaborate a little bit on exactly what im asking. Im speaking in terms of the first time that you picked up a console controller, and got you game on.

Im not 100% sure however i believe that i am classified as a second generation gamer, because my first system was called a Coleco Vision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

and the first game that i ever purchased was called Mouse Trap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Trap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Trap

Those where the good old days, anyway with that being said what gaming generation are you from?

According to this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._generation%29

I started gaming at the age of 3 in the Third Generation. I've also heard it called the "Silver Age" of Gaming.

woot nice link !

Yep, third gen here as well. Though, I ended up playing somewhat late in the third gen, never got a 4th gen system, and then got 5th gen.
    Coming Soon!

Third gen, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Tetris.(best Christmas ever)
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

On 2007-12-18 15:51, PhotonDrop wrote:
    Third gen, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

I dont really know how to classify myself.

Back when I was 2-5 I used to play my mom and dad's gaming system a lot. It was an old atari, or colecovision, or something, I cant remember. I DO remember playing Pitfall like a motherfucker, however. I often played my friends' NES' and shit like that, as well. It was something to do, but it wasnt really the focus of my entertainment, as I'd have rather been outside playing

When I was 5, I got my first system for myself, Sega Genesis. I started spending as much time playing it as I did outside playing football and soccer and whatnot, and times were good.

When i was 8, I moved in with my grandparents. Not knowing anyone, and living on a highway, I spent a lot of time with my Sega, and eventually my N64. I would go outside to play by myself(;_ occasionally, but not often.

Cut to me nowadays. I only step outside to go somewhere, and I'm in my house playing video games at all other times. Been that way for a long time now.

I don't know how to 'classify' myself. Born in 88 if that helps, so around 1990 is when I was first using that good ole joystick.

I played my brothers NES when I was a kid. I played mostly Mario on it.

Then I had a Sega Genesis.

But MY first console was the N64, that I bought after playing LoZ: Ocarina of Time at a friends house.

I'm kind in the 3rd gen 4th gen limbo. I got a hold of both the NES and SNES at the same time when I was little. OF course I guess I would be 4th gen because by that time the NES was all but obsolete.

First Generation. Probably actually the Second Generation, but I started on a First Gen system - the Sears 6-in-1 home video game system - in which every game were all basically variants on Pong/Breakout. It didn't have controllers. Instead, it had a VERY long AV cord and you held the console in your lap. It had a knob on the top and two buttons on the sides. We quickly moved up to a TI99/4A partially for the games, and partially for the ability to program on it (using a tape cassette recorder).

A few years later we moved up to a Sega Master System - and it was here that I really became a gamer. Not on consoles, but on my Gateway 386DX PC with This Game.

I still played consoles, of course, but the PC was far more accessable for me - especially as a kid with no source of income. I could simply hop on a local BBS and download both freeware and full versions of games. (in a day or two for a 10Mb game - lol 2400baud) Not to mention online multiplayer games like Legend of the Red Dragon.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!