Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah but giving out the points would mean more of a loss for MS as they would actually lose that amount of money which they give out in points. 10 million live members multiplied by $10 (800 pts) = $100 million. That's a shitload of money, even if 30% of that went back to MS (for their cut of the sales).

Giving out a game means they could work out a deal with the developer. Paying the developer $500k-1m and making the game a free download to anyone would make more sense. That's probably more than the game would make on its own, too.

I played Undertow. Didn't like it. This is not an incentive for me.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Due to the issues with live over the winter holidays and new years, Microsoft will be offering free downloads of the arcade game Undertow till this Sunday.
    Neat!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2008-01-24 13:26 ]</font>

I think that if they gave out points, they would have to give it out to every account on X-box Live, equaling a lot of money. Since there is an option to download the game, and they didn't spam the banners with it, they are banking on people NOT downloading it. Since everyone won't download it, they have the clean conscious for offering the download. I downloaded the game myself, and told everyone to get it. It's a lot better then most other Live Arcade games, in my opinion. Plus, a lot services don't offer anything like this, I appreciate what MS has done. I can't tell you how many times my ISP fails on me, and they don't offer anything in return.
    This is my NEW signature. Complete with shameless self-promotion!

LANCASTER!