Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've been thinking of posting this topic but I kept forgetting about it, and finally I did.

First of all, in PSO, there were a few side quests, one of them being the Soul Eater quest, which would allow you to get a nice weapon, as well as learn a few things about the NPCs of PSO. Here's the link in case anyone is wondering: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/game...e/516243/10608

So during this whole thing, there's a Female Newman, called Sue, and during this whole thing, she reveals something a bit, weird:

Sue:
    - A Newman's lifespan is not definite. I may die tomorrow. Nobody knows. Science and
    technology. It's not as almighty as many people believe.

(http://www.camineet.net/camineet/pso...rfalltears.asp Source of PSO's script).

This caused a lot of wondering if she was talking just about her or about every Newman, but, nothing besides that comment is ever explained in PSO. At least until PSO Episodes I&II for GC and Xbox.

I'm just wondering if any of this was every explained in PSU or in any other versions of PSO. Can Newmans still just drop dead?, did ST every gave any sort of explanation?.

Also, when does AotI happens?, about 600 years after PSO or more?, since it said the 4 planets were in war for 500 years, and the PSO outfits in PSU are described as an old guardian style, I'm just throwing in 100 years for the creation of the Beast race and all of that, it would probabbly take way more but, you know, sci-fi.

So yeah, any thoughts on this?

--Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-01-08 16:19 ]</font>

Some theories are that Gurhal came before Ragol, and that Ragol "discovers" Gurhal later in PSU.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

THey can all drop dead at anytime!?

yay its a dream come true!
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

beatrixkiddo.- Then what about the outfit's descriptions? as well as some weapons.

pikachief.- Yes, as far as I remember, Sue said that, if I had my Gamecube and PSO still, I'd go play and copy everything, but saddly, that is not possible for me. But in some sidequest, She said something about Newmans just dropping dead any moment, like as of now, we could be talking about this and then bang, all the lolitechers dead (pretends to be sad about it).

On 2008-01-08 14:54, pikachief wrote:
    THey can all drop dead at anytime!?

yay its a dream come true!
    Seconded. Every time a Newman dies, a Caseal gets her Rapia Fluge.

But, on a more serious note, if I had to guess, I'd assume PSU took place several thousand years after PSO. I mean, if you assume they're decended from the same people, there's a whole dead ancient civilization between the two time periods.

Alright, updated and improved post. I agree with the no-love-for-lolis but what about hunky bara Newman males? D; <333

I thought that the Guardians were established roughly 100 years ago, after the end of the war (or so I recall from Episode 1, though I may be confused.) So I'm guessing that a viable excuse for the Outfits is that they were attempting to find a way to standardize uniforms for certain jobs within the organization, but it ultimately failed. Though of course this is going by my assumption that the PS universe as a whole is similar to Transformers, Tenchi Muyo!/Duel and Gundam, each being similar because of the fact that they are within the same Series, with some links to one another through certain events/beings, ie. Unicron in Trnasformers being a single entity existing over several realities.

EDIT: To directly answer the whole Newman thing, it was stated in PSO Episode 3 that Newmans had a similar problem to clones, as in they aged rapidly and had short life spans, though by Episode 3 they developed a drug that stunted these effects, thus Newmans actually being older than they looked, and Relmitos(sp?) actually being the old Swordmaster Nef despite looking like a kid, through the use of a modified version of the drug

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-08 15:24 ]</font>

I liked Tenchi...

Yes, I sincerely doubt there is any real connection between PSO and PSU. People tried to make the same ties with PS and PSO, until ST nipped that in the bud. PSU's story world is an homage to the early PS games.

As for the newmies, i'd assume it's something to do with the fact that they were genetically engineered, and the scientists who did so didn't do a very good job.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I get confused as to whether or not PSO and PSU take place in the same universe. On one hand, all the PSO weapons clearly say that they came from another dimension. But, on the other, the guardians found the Maximum Attack data on Rycross, hinting that it is Ragol or at least some planet that the decendents of Pioneer II passed by.

EDIT:

And, yes, the note about Newmans is definitely a cloning reference. DNA ages and degrades, so transgenes from an older specimen can carry their age with them. And then issues like rapid aging or sudden death can occur.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-08 15:36 ]</font>