Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Isn't the petition even more pointless than usual this time ? I mean proving that a bajillion people want the game on Live is just more incentive for Nintendo to NOT release the game on a competitor's console.
    My better is better than your better.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

On 2008-01-15 09:47, Saner wrote:

even Perfect Dark Zero is better.
    NO!

On 2008-01-15 09:25, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    <_<

I never really understood all the enthusiasm for Goldeneye, myself. I mean really, the solo game was mediocre at best, and the multiplayer grew stale after only a few hours. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a bunch of proximity mines. Beyond that, it's not clear to me that one should need this old FPS, when the console has other FPS games with far more creative gameplay.
    nonstalgia. generally if you like something when your young a lot, and never grow out of it, you continue to like it when your older. Even when your old enough to know that it would be considered crap. Hell, I know people who think the original power rangers is some awesome stuff, and in some cases I agree (go Green Ranger!)

That said, I rather enjoyed Goldeneye, haven't played any of the Perfect Dark games. I wasn't even aware they were a sort of addage to the universe until awhile after Zero came out. And well, me and my friends certainly never found multiplayer stale. To us it was like what Halo is now (granted, I don't care much for Halo, but the fans love it to what seems beyound reason.)

Goldeneye had a better campaign. Perfect Dark had better multiplayer. Saner, there is absolutely no way PDZ is better than Goldeneye, or even the original Perfect Dark.
    You mean why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? WUH-HUH!

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Is the game is old, overrated, and obsolete. Nintendo can keep it. End of discussion.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Perfect Dark was better, for multiplayer anyways.

Nintnedo has every right to make this decision though if it's a port. However, Rare can re-do/re-code the entire game as a new title if they want to and Nintendo would have nothing to do with it. That probably wouldn't make sense from a business/profit standpoint though.

Goldeneye using an X360 controller? That would be godly, and online multiplayer would only sweeten the deal. Nintendo would get the crap end of the deal though, Goldeneye with the old controls on a Wii controller would suck really bad IMO.

Aiming with two sticks as opposed to one (or that horrible 2.x method where you hold 2 n64 controllers lololololol) ftw!

On 2008-01-15 09:47, Saner wrote:
    my friend had Goldeneye and it's vastly overrated.
    It wasn't for it's time. I mean it was pretty hot shit 12 years ago and I can see why. I mean... I totally remember geeking all over the game with my cousins, brother and his friends and it was hella fun. And when it boils down to it thats all that matters.

On 2008-01-15 03:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    perfect dark was better anyways

THE JACKEL
    QFT

Perfect Dark had so much more content and customability in the multiplayer mode.

But yeah. Aside from that I'd probably consider purchasing the game for nostalgic value if it were to be released. I probably wont go as far as to sign a petition for it though. I really don't miss the game that much.

They probly blocked it because they want it for virtual console.

On 2008-01-15 19:43, Jaspaller wrote:
    Nintendo would get the crap end of the deal though, Goldeneye with the old controls on a Wii controller would suck really bad IMO.
    Most Virtual Console games make you use a Gamecube or Classic controller anyway XP