I love the way AoI changed the flow to melee with just attacking and the just countering. It changed the game from the button mash fest to something requiring a bit more... focus, I guess.
    Anyway, I would love a similar change on the teching side. "Just-casting" sounded mildy craptastic, but what I think would be cool is the ability to hold down a button and "over-charge" a tech, specifically the basic, gi-, and ra- techs. Holding down the button would consume more pp obviously, but hit substantially harder, say, up to 2x depending on the length of time the button is held down.

letting some spells hit multi-target enemies would be nice too x.x
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Walking into a bunch of enemies and using your evp to speed up casting is pretty fun, even if it's not a very good idea most of the time

I'm not sure what else you could do to make technics more interactive though, most of the ones that come to my mind would require changes to the targeting system along with other things, which obviously won't happen. Perhaps if some technics caused enemy movement effects (like if rammegid pulled the enemies into the area where it was cast, or gidiga knocked them into the air) then you could use some different strategies. Personally I think bullets are much more boring to use than techs, though I can't think of any good ways to make them more engaging.

On 2008-01-28 21:43, icewyrm wrote:
    Walking into a bunch of enemies and using your evp to speed up casting is pretty fun, even if it's not a very good idea most of the time
    that is SO fun...but sometiems I get my ass kicked for it x.x
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Heh what your really looking for is button combos for casting higher lvl spells

Combos would work, possibly, but I what I was hoping for was the kind of anga jabroga paradigm where something takes a long time to execute, but it's worth the wait.
    It'd be cool if they could combine rafoie and foie together into a projectile that would explode with larger radii the longer the button was held down....

Edit: ...and of course if the resulting 'asplosion could hit multiple targets, so much the better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShineOnline on 2008-01-29 09:36 ]</font>

PSO2 - MAHOU MOONLIGHT MSAksion's Avatar

Tech Improvement One) FPS First Person SHOOTING MODE.
    Sometimes it is hard esp in the beginning to know if you'll even HIT a monster with a spell. The Camera getting stuck on walls also is a hinderance.

But the worst is that TECH doesn't go over inclines like Hills or STAIRS. REALLY dumb how the monster 2 steps up avoids my FOIE in Rozenom City. Or that Bosses that fly. Can't i throw FOIE in FPS mode the way a ranger can shoot stuff? TECH is 100% useless against the MAGGAS robot too.

TECH Improvement Two) TECH CHARGE TIMED System
    I would LOVE to see a TECH charge function. The longer you hold the button the more powerful the attack. A Charge Bar above your head shows how much you filled up the attack via hash marks and visual sparkles.

FOIE in MY VERSION of the Charge System - If i charge the button for:
    - 6 Seconds = when i let go - i get Foie 31+ & Status 4 Burn
    - 4 Seconds = when i let go - i get Foie 21+ & Status 3 Burn
    - 2 Seconds = when i let go - i get Foie 11+ & Status 2 Burn
    - 0 Seconds like i tapped the button = when i let go - i get Foie 1+ and Status ONE burn lol.

GIBARTA in MY VERSION of the Charge System - If i charge the button for:
    - 6 Seconds = when i let go - i get Gibarta 31+ & Status 3 Freeze
    - 4 Seconds = when i let go - i get Gibarta 21+ & Status 2 Freeze
    - 2 Seconds = when i let go - i get Gibarta 11+ & Status 1 Freeze
    - 0 Seconds like i tapped the button = when i let go - i get Gibarta 1+ and Status ZERO freeze lol.

Damu series would be left intact the way it is. Dangerous up front means keep it maximum all the time.

IF an enemy hits you while charge you immediately fire off the spell level you had unless you were blown away knocked back.

A RISK and REWARD. MORE damage, SLOWER attack rate. And if you just want to fire a small spell for small PP you just tap the button for the level 1+ to shoot one to say break a box for 2 PP.

Sure 6 seconds doens't sound long but in TECH it is when you're helpless having your staff high in the air and MEGID starts flying towards you.

ADD in the ME and HAR QUICKS and you'll be casting the max in only 3 seconds charge time.