Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't know what's been going on but for the past 4 days, every single time i sign into psu i can walk around and check my shop and do my daily tasks but the first game i join, regardless of time of day or universe i'm in, turns into a gigantic lagfest which lasts about a minute before i get booted off the server. It's not a regular disconnect either which is what caught my eye. It actually says that the psu server may be undergoing maintenance and i should check the official website for more information. Now i know it's not under maintenance because i'm the only one that gets canned when i play with my friends, and there's always people on when i sign on. I have no idea what to do as this has happened the last 5 times i went on to play, but only started recently a few days ago. I just want to know if anyone else has had similar problems because i'm basically stuck waiting for the system update to see if that makes any difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-07 12:44 ]</font>

just got rickroll'd

what do you play on?

360, obviously.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

clear the xbox cache memory when u start the game up (hold down on the d-pad not the analog and A till title screen appears) it seems to fix most client based xbox lag
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Well just to update anyone that cares, i cleared the cache on my box, but to no avail. less than 10 minutes into a mission i get the monster lag and the boot. I've been playing this game since day one and this just started a week ago, and it's really pissing me off. I feel so feeble having to sit back and just pray that it's on sega's end and not mine.

and in case it wasn't clear in my first post, the actual disconnect message i keep getting is :

"You have been disconnected from the phantasy star universe server.
    The server may be undergoing maintenance at this time
    Please check the official website for more information."

please someone tell me i'm not crazy and this is happening to other people elsewhere. I can live with it being sega's problem, but if it's me...i'm screwed since there's nothing left for me to do.

If the mission has robots, they cause a memory leak issue...
    Coming Soon!

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

This happened to me but your not gonna like the end result. PSU always ran fine for over a year (except robots of course). Than i got the same exact thing you were getting for about 10 days straight. Than it would just outright freeze every mission. I could walk around and do all lobby activities fine. The second i started a mission, it would freeze. After 2 days of that, RROD. Hopefully you will not have this. But i gotta say something cause it is the exact way mine started. Good luck.

well i can't say that's the ideal situation, but right now i have no course of action. If i were to get the rings of death at least i'd know that when i got my box back this issue has the chance of being fixed. idk, i guess i'm stuck waiting for the day the box blows up. I don't want to be forced to move onto a new game, especially with all the promising future updates.

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

When it was doing this with PSU all other games ran perfectly fine. I could play Halo 3 for hours just fine, but one second into one mission on PSU and instant freeze. Than RROD (while playing PSU). When i got my box back from repair. PSU ran fine again.

last night my picture got all wacked out and today BAM red ring of death.