I'd like peoples opinions. I've read posts about which character is the best at this, and what char is best at that. Yadda yadda. So, what characters are good for total offline playing and what chars are good for lots of online? Is there a neutral character out there that can mess stuff up both ways?

Offline:
    HUnewearl (probably the best)
    HUmar (still good)
    RAmarl (ditto)
    FOmar (More of a struggle at first since you need high level techs)
    FOmarl (same)

Online:
    HUcast (Mr. Powerhouse)
    RAcast (Mr. Tank)
    FOnewearl (mows down enemies with Megid if given the opportunity)

I'd consider HUmar to be the best of both worlds.

FOmar (More of a struggle at first since you need high level techs)
    then melee

RAmar - HUneys tremble in fear!!

Its pretty much based all around on opinion.
    Now, in my opinion, single player could work a couple of ways.

If you want to stay ranged, , a ranger works good. I'd say a RAmar works good. They can learn some techs, and are pretty all-around. I really don't know that much about the Ranger classes.

If you want to use Techniques(spells), you want a Force. All forces have low health and defense early on, and they have trouble with melee early on, so you'll have to be more cautious than a hunter or a ranger. Later on, they will be a lot more powerful with all the techniques, possible amplifiers, etc. I'd say the best solo forces would be FOmar or FOmarl, because they both have melee potential. I have yet to play a FOnewearl or a FOnewm, but I'm pretty sure FOnewearl is really good with powerful spells, lots of TP, but do crap damage with weapons. FOnewm, I have no idea.

If you want to go mad melee, , go hunter. They have high attack, high HP, etc. The android hunters, HUcast and HUcaseal, have no TP for techniques, but have traps, which I also know nothing about (I have limited knowledge ).
    HUmar and HUnewearl have spell capabilities, but as far as I know the HUnewearl has more powerful spells, but slightly (?) lower attack. I'd say the best 'tank' character would be the HUcast, but the HUmar is probably the most all around...I think..

Anyways, overall, for single player I would suggest a hunter class, but its really up to you. I like the FOmarl because I just like lobbing fireballs, etc.

As for multiplayer, I really wouldn't know..I have yet to play online, and offline I do play with my brother who is a RAmarl and I use my FOmarl, its not the greatest team ( ) but it works...most of the time. Multiplayer I would think it would depend on the role you want to play..for support you'd want to play a force, probably FOmarl or FOmar and use Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure (AtkUp/DfpUp/enemyAtkDown/EnemyDefDown), plus healing and reviving spells. As for ranged, use rangers, and if you want to play a tank probably any hunter class would work, but HUmar and HUcast work best I would think. ....yeah, thats about it. Its all really your opinion, though.