Okay, i've read alot of posts that talk about the beat time.. I know where to find the beat time when I'm playing but I don't get what it is for. Could someone tell me what it is used for. Thnx

a universal time indicator or measurement method that can be used instead of using standard gmt time with all the time zones.

Pretty much nothing. ^_^

They were invented by Swatch during a pathetic attempt to create a "Internet Time". Maybe they thought it was cool, or it will become trendy someday to use beats.

But I don't know anyone who use beats out of PSO. And even in PSO, when arranging a meeting for example, most players just prefer to use hours and specify in which time frame they live, instead of using beats (a quick check to the Trade forum will confirm this).

Well the reason I'm asking this question is because most of the post that talked about the beat time were suggestive that it had to do with finding rares. or something like that..i.e.(like between 500-600 beats i find rares)

It has been discussed a lot about how beat time may affect the rares findings.

But I think the equation does not make sense. Some people, me included ^_^, suggested that beats, maybe, are used as a base to build a random routine that generates random numbers and so items drops.

But no one can confirm this hypotesis right now, because no one really know how the whole item drops routine is managed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-01-16 14:54 ]</font>

Well... You know how we can subbit our findings for rares that we find. Section ID, Rare found, Difficulty, where it was found.

what if pso-world also let you subbmit the beat time you found it. you would start collecting a pretty good data base for what rares where found by what ID at what beat times. once you get enough data maybe someone could crack the code.

side question:
    I've also read that Sega will release rares on the servers at certain times. like they put 50 yamato's at 10:00. or something like that.. is that true