Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just wandering what all you guys out there think about the new Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game for the Nintendo Gamecube. Any of you guys gonna get it out there? I know i am.
    Some of you guys may think it is "kiddy" but i have actually saw it in action and you wouldn't believe how wrong you are. I myself was disappointed in the cel-shaded graphics but I dont think so now. For all you guys that don't like it but still a Zelda fan, i "heard" that a new more serious adult Link with the nice looking graphics is going to make a appearence sometime on the Gamecube but i do not know when.

-imho, cell-shading is just a graphics style, jet set/grind radio wasnt cool because it used cell-shading but because it was a great game in the whole.
    -and takuto will be a great game too, i believe strongly in miyamoto-san.
    -and you mean soul calibur 2 i guess...

ps:
    please, dont post that shiggy miggy-pic again, or i'll pee myself this time XD > all

I'll be preordering it pretty soon. I'm trying not to spoil it for myself, so I'm avoiding reviews and screenshots. X3

I got the game at the end of December. Mainly for collecting purposes, since I thought the Ocarina and Ura things were cool. Well, I was disappointed: it's only a little book, mainly a manual containing the instructions how to play Ocarina. At the end of this little manual there's a crappy "pocket" made of paper, and inside the extra disk.

What's good is the game itself. I don't understand so much of the plot and often I'm checking gamefaqs in order to proceed. But the game seems dam good. It's about emotions: when Link first left is hometown on board of his little vessel, I must admit a little, very little ^_^ teardrop appeared on my eyes.

Graphic is astounding. Period. ^_^

The new more mature adult link will be a secret character in the gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2, and I might get this game.

I really do not care for the character designs at first, but it is a more unique and original look for the series. The cel shading technique is extremely well done. The bonus disc is the ultimate sealer of the deal. Basically, I am excited for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-01-16 21:21 ]</font>

Ouch that hurt man but i wasnt rating the game.and where the hell did u find that geez?!?!

NO MANG ITS TEH CELDA!!111!!

Seriously, I always laughed at the people that hated it from day one based on the character designs, and I still think that's one of the stupidest prejudices anyone could have for a game, ESPECIALLY a Zelda game. JEEZ... Of course now, the majority of those people are now eagerly awaiting the game and have gotten over the fact that the game is cel-shaded and Link looks something like a Powerpuff Girl. I've loved the look and style from the very beginning, personally.

Can't wait!

yeah, i was extremely pissed whenever i first saw the cel-shading. i mean just think about it, look at the Link vs. Ganondorf scene, that was awesome! i thought i would never like the cel shaded zelda, but it grew on me. good thing that Wind Waker comes out on my birthday.

and about that better looking Link, here's a picture of him in Soul Calibur 2.