IF ANY OF YOU COULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS FOR ME I WOULD BE DEEPLY THANKFUL!!

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A GOOD HUNTER?...
    CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON BEING A HUNTER?
    WHAT DO I NEED TO FEED MY MAG?...
    WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS SHOULD I USE?...
    WHAT ARE THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF A HUNTER?...

I KNOW IT'S KIND OF TOO MUCH TO ASK... BUT IF ANY OF YOU COULD ANSWER IN YOUR SPARE TIME...

Veteran Fighter

Damn that's a lot of questions.

1. What does it take to be a good hunter?
    offline: find some decent tactics.
    online: use MORALS, find some decent tactics, and a get skilled and friendly crew to back you up. It's just as much about your team as it is you.

2. Can you give me any tips on being a hunter?
    basically... see above.

3. What do I need to feed my MAG?
    I'm gonna leave this question for someone else... Mine all turned out okay, but I stillmake mistakes with the new ones.

4. What kind of weapons should I use?
    Try them all out. Figure out which is the most effective for your style, or just which one you think looks the coolest.

5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of a Hunter?
    I'll be here all night debating this one... so again, I'm gonna leave that for someone else.

Thanks for taking the time to answer man...
    Any more people here to answer the ones he didn't?

Well, I always fed my mag tons of power items but I kinda fell behind in the other catagories. I'm working on a new one with all stats pretty much equal.

A good hunter tactics vary. There is the beginning where you hit and run, hit again, run. When you are leveled like me(72), just be sure resta is equipped and hack the crap outta stuff while taking a couple seconds to use resta.

good hunter...equiping resta on the front commands and the special weapon attack on the R-commands....also take advantage of your high HP in a team...you can take a beating for them

Cool... thanks for the replies ya'll...
    Anymore?...

I usually feed my MAG mono/di/trimates. When I see Star Atomizers at the shop, I buy 10 of em, feed 3 to my mag, and buy 3 more. But it just depends what kind of mag you want, and which stats you want raised. You may like to raise DEF, but do it in the Mag's early stages, since it's frekkin hard to do so when he;s 50+ (like mine... )

Rappy Hunter

The all wise Death Ape gave some good advice.. and left some things for me to give.. so heres my ideas.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A GOOD HUNTER?...
    Make sure your pretty lithe with your controller movements- Also make sure you know when to run and make a volte-face and blast the enemy.. There is a tactics guide at GameFAQs.com that is really really wonderful. It will teach you how to use a radar to target enemies in dark rooms.. and various other things- I suggest your check it out.

CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON BEING A HUNTER?
    Sure:
    1. Be respectful to other classes- You'll need them when playing online.
    2. When it comes time to get Items online- take some time to do some ambassadorial work, and let others pick up the items.
    3. Always know the limits of your weapon.. and the limits of your spells.
    4. Carry the greatest weapons into the fray you've got.. that 50% A.Beast affinity sword will do wonders in the caves.

WHAT DO I NEED TO FEED MY MAG?...
    That all depends..
    1. If your an Android and a Hunter.. Then you should only feed your MAG various DEX and POWER items (Dex always took precedence for me.. I like to hit things). Those Items are: DEX:Anti- items and POW: the Mate family.
    2. If your a magic using hunter then you want to feed your mag the intermittant Fluid Item.

WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS SHOULD I USE?...
    Anything you can grab a hold of.. When fighting large groups of enemies- Use a Sword, Or Partisan based weapon. When fighting a boss.. a single hit big damage weapon works nicely too.
    WHAT ARE THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF A HUNTER?...
    Strengths-
    1. Potential to become the most powerful
    2. Easy Newbie-ship.
    3. The coolest weapons on the block.
    Weaknesses-
    1. In the mid-levels.. some can take a backseat to rangers in kill efficiency.
    2. Magic- while higher than a ranger.. is still limited.
    3. We aren't respected as much as a class.. Because most Players of PSO are Hunters.

There ya go,

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Catch22 on 2001-02-28 23:38 ]</font>

More thanks ya'll....
    I think i'm gonna have some fun...