Thread: About Duping...

What exactly is it and what does it do to you? When I joined a group, there were about 5 rares on the ground, most of them were Flowen's Sword... Anyways, one of the guys said they were duped. If I picked one up, he said that I can get my account deleted. He said it can also corrupt your files... He also said I shouldn't trade because I might get dupes and that's y he doesn't. Is there a way to check if I have any duped items? Any info would be appreciated! thanx!

Duping=Duplicating

On PSO there items called RARE ITEMS which are items that usually appear in RED boxes and are not commonly dropped. As for the FLOWENS SWORD you saw it is a COMMON RARE drop. There are rares are are harder to find than others. Most of those you'll be very lucky if yuo find even 1 in your whole time playing PSO. However when people find them they start DUPING or DUPLICATING these items. Thus they are spread around PSO so everyone has them. Many people are against this because it ruins PSO's econemy and makes the game boring.

As for the guy who told you your hunter liscense would be suspended for picking up those items, that was a lie. The DUPING METHOD on GameCube that exists commonly and is the only method I'm aware of that exists on The Cube so far, creates an EXACT COPY of the original item so the server can't detect weather or not it's a dupe. On Dreamcast they could detect some duped/cheated items because they were created using a cheat device that didn't make a perfect copy of the item. I'm going to assume it's because there was a data flaw somewhere in the creation of it.

Many many people hate dupers, some people learn to live with it and just ignore the problem, others lie about being a duper and pretend to be legit, and then there are the occasional few who come right out but also hate people who are legit and whine about dupers. It's really up to you as for what to do in the matter. Being a cheater has its advantaged and disadvantges. It' just depends on weather for you what matters more.

Then again, some people will play with some dupes, but they balance themselves out and try to play with their REAL legit weapons.

advantages to being a duper:
    1. yOU GEet all the rare weapons you want (or most)

2. most likely kill stuff faster and easier

disadvantges:
    1. Some will label you as a "cheater" and thats a damn lot of people ,even though most are hipocrytes.(that's judging from what i've expierenced on PSO)

2. The rare weapons will get boring and you'll have nothing to look foward too on PSO because you'll have done everythng

3. Most people won't want you on their pso teams for using items that kill fast, or if they just ahte dupers that much.

4. You won't be as "skilled" at pso at all because you'll be used to super strong weapons

5.If you play with dupes your more likely to quit pso much before you would if u didn't.

Thanks a lot! Makes sense now!

You forgot "Better protected against FSOD and character corruption." Of course limiting such activites to that takes some self control.